PDA

View Full Version : Help with an army list.

Jiggy
25-09-2009, 18:00
I have been playing WoC since the book came out althought I liked the hordes of chaos more.
I have had a lot of succes with the army.I don't count my wins and loses but it would look something like 70/20/10% (W/D/L)
My problem is the army lists I make.I am not really happy with them and they are not that fun either.A bit borings with all the chaos armor spam.
So I have the following models:
1 chaos lord on steed
3 exalted champios on foot
2 sorcerers on foot
1 palanquin (model looks ok as either a sorc or a champion)
3 sorcerers on discs (screamers)

15 warriors with HW/shield and FC
15 warriors with add.wep. and FC
15 chosen with great weps and FC
3 trolls (Don't have em yet but will buy them soon)
1 hellcannon (on the making)
1 chariot
10 knights with 2 commands
10 warhounds
20 marauders with HW/shield and FC
15 marauders with GW and FC
1 giant
10 marauder horsemen

So could you give me some nice army builds kind of competetive but also a bit fun?Suggesting I should buy a few models isn't bad at all if you think I am missing something importand.

There is only one daemons player at my shop (the guy who has every single army:rolleyes:) so don't base your said lists on daemon spam :)

Caligula
25-09-2009, 18:19
Hmmm, well I can't really give any completely specific advice based on what you've got, because I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to playing WoC. I've got a mono-Nurgle mostly cav list at the moment, and I'm having a blast with it. That said, I don't really have all that many units in my 2000 point list with Chaos Armour. I also only use one unit of Knights(6 of them, accompanied by a mounted BSB). I actually just posted my current list if you want to take a look.

I find using some of the more "beastly" elements to be pretty cool, like the Shaggoth and such. Also, I use a Warshrine, which I find to add a little excitement to the whole process. The bulk of my Core is lightly armoured Horsemen and Chaos Warhounds, nothing else. No Chaos Warriors on foot for me at this point. I find having the more...vulnerable Horsemen feature as such an important and large part of the army to make things a little more interesting.

I see you have a Giant, and they're always lots of fun. I guess I find my WoC army so much fun is that it's themed, being mono-Nurgle. Also, a lot of my stuff is converted, and it's been given as much character as possible(which the new plastic kits make very easy to do effectively, actually). You've just got to find a theme that you can really get into, and you'll likely end up enjoying the army a lot more.

Sorry that I can't be of much more help in regards to making competitive builds and such, but I hope I've given you at least a little something to think about. I think most Chaos builds can be quite effective, it's more about just finding a theme or feel and creating some entertaining background for your own army that will make it more enjoyable.

Caligula
25-09-2009, 18:20
Here's a link to my army list, that I find to be a lot of fun, and it's been pretty effective as well.
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222196

Jiggy
25-09-2009, 18:41
Thanks for the help :)
Lookwise I go for nurgle too but sometimes I just mark my units Khorne and inform my opponent before the game.I play in a friendly enviroment anyway.