PDA

View Full Version : Testing a 2250 almost butcherless/mini-deadstar/hunter Ogre list

As pretty as a Gnoblar
25-09-2009, 20:40
As the title says,this is anything but your standard Ogre army(except MSU of course).Tommorow I am going to play my first game at 2250 with them,so I will post comments buf for now here is my list for you to rip it apart:

TYRANT
Wyrdstone Necklace
The Tenderiser
2x Gnoblar Thiefstone
Heavy Armour
Luck Gnoblar

This is your standard Tyrant.Capable of flatening a house,tough as a mountain and has magic resistance(2).Goes into the mini deathstar

Hunter
Longstrider
Bitting Blade
Amulet Of Protection
2x Sabertusks

I like this setup up very much.Between the two cats,his power weapon and the gnoblar trappers following him,he can almost reliably hold a flank.

Butcher
Hellheart

Nice and simple.I have yet to find a caster who has nuts large enough to cast anything with casting level 7 or higher when the hellheart is on.That gives me that crucial last turn before the charge when I am relativly care free as far as magic goes

BULLS x3
extra hand weapon
bellower

BULLS x3
Extra Hand Weapon
Bellower

IRONGUTS x3
Bellower

IRONGUTS x4
Bellower
Standard Bearier
Warbanner

This four units are the main workforce and cannonfoder of the army.Nothing special really.The Butcher goes with the 3 man Ironguts.

LEADBELCHERS x2
Bellowers

LEADBELCHERS x2
Bellowers

Gnoblar Scraplauncher

Gnoblar Scraplauncher

The shooting contignent.Basicly the belchers flank the bulls/guts and the scrapers follow behind and throw sharp stuff at the enemy.

9x Gnoblar Trappers

War-machine hunters.

9x Gnoblar Trappers

Hunters fan club,that follows right behind him

2x Manetars
Cathayan Longsword

The mini deadthstar.Tryant goes here.

Total:2239
Models:24+18 gnoblars

So?

Paraelix
28-09-2009, 02:16
You're wasting 10 points getting a Biting Blade. Ogre club is already -1 sv. And you can't afford the extra pts for Ironfists on the Bulls? On the off chance you feel like a 5+ sv in combat?

Jind_Singh
28-09-2009, 09:07
Shame we cant squeeze in one more maneater to make it a 3 ogre unit!
All I can say is that for 2250 it just doesnt look like you got your models worth out of it!
I cant really put my finger on were the points are being sunk into - we got 4 mainstay units - but they are MSU, 2 tiny belchers, 2 scrap laungers, 2 maneaters, and then hunters/3 characters - and the problem is compounded by the fact that the charriots are not reliable with their ld 5 for that test they take each turn.
In 2250 with my greenskins you'll find

Warboss
BSB
2 * Shamans, lvl 1

25 Orcs, full command
25 Orcs, full command
30 Night Gobbos, full command, 2 fanatics
3 units of 5 strong Spider riders
15 Black Orcs
5 Squig Hoppers

2 Bolt Throwers
Rock Lobba
Doom Diver

Giant

You have your hunters to flush out the fanatics, and fear will help you big time, but the point is that your current line up lacks cannon foddor to draw away pesky enemy units - such as fantatics, other deathstar units.
No gorger to menace artiallary, and even yhettees are pretty cool with their 7", ignore terrian movement - makes them one of the best flanking units out there IMO.
As for the above comment on bitting blade - I havent got my ogre book to hand so I cant say but if bitting blade is cheapest magic weapon then its ok - as what if you go against etherals who can only be hurt by magic? BUt if the blade costs the same as something else take that as the basic club gives you -1 anyway!

Catferret
28-09-2009, 09:54
Can't have Wyrdstone Necklace and Gnoblar Thiefstones on the same character. Both come from the Talisman slot.