PDA

View Full Version : Other Possible C'tan Models.

Borg451
25-09-2009, 20:14
My contribution to the thread.. (below)

what about you guys?

ideas?

Mannimarco
25-09-2009, 21:30
thats a hell dorado model aint it? nice models

to small to be a ctan though, besides, we only really have the outsider and the void dragon that dont have existing models

Urath
25-09-2009, 22:17
Both of which are impossibly gigantic to be portrayed via models.

spetswalshe
25-09-2009, 22:48
But the Nightbringer and Deciever aren't?

Mannimarco
25-09-2009, 22:51
thats not the full ctan, its part of his escence inside a necrodemus, i suppose we could have the outsider inside a necrodemus but no void dragon (hes asleep on mars and is worshipped ad the machine god according to some)

by all the rumours we are hearing the ctan will be out of the next necron codex and be replaced by tiered lords (a la apocalypse book) and the ctan will become big forgeworld models

DeathTyrant
25-09-2009, 22:52
Pretty sweet. I've never played Necrons, but I do think they deserve some new and interesting units and stuff.

Urath
25-09-2009, 22:58
Well, the Outsider lurks within a Dyson Sphere. Or perhaps he *is* the Dyson Sphere, in that it is his necrodermis. Which means he's at least double the size of a star.

The Void Dragon, I can't remember exactly, but I always assumed it was a gigantic, titanic leviathan that could make you crap your pants immediately. Probably because it flew through space and such, I assumed it was at least the size of the largest ships; also because it was at the centre of Mars, it conjured up the image of an impossibly large cavern. However, it's rather *less* impressive in "Mechanicum". But it's mentioned somewhere that what the *Knight* battles is it's diminished form, as in it's a metaphor for it's current, weakened form.

@Mannimarco: In the actual codex, doesn't it say that the essence of the C'tan entered into the necrodermis. Thus implying that it's entirety is within the primarch sized shell. Although, they can change shape as in "Deus Ex Mechanicus" and that other short story with the Deciever. Perhaps it's just him and the Void Dragon?

I realise thats all a bit disjoinet, but I was remembering as I typed :p

spetswalshe
25-09-2009, 23:12
The Outsider could have chosen a really tiny star. Like the size of a Volkwagen Beetle. Or a truck cab.

I really hope the "C'tan was made fer Titan-fightin'" idea goes across. I shudder at the idea of fighting a star-eating energy god with a few squads of Cadians. I sudder even more at the idea of winning.

Askil the Undecided
25-09-2009, 23:31
The Outsider's dyson sphere that scares 'nids is large enough to feature on galactic maps.

Tokugawa100
26-09-2009, 11:12
by all the rumours we are hearing the ctan will be out of the next necron codex and be replaced by tiered lords (a la apocalypse book) and the ctan will become big forgeworld models

I know people will hate me for this.
Buuut:angel:
I love the C'tan and will cry if they're not in the new book.
I agree they are really too powerful to be represented in anything but Apocalypse but I will be truly upset if they cut them out of the codex background all together.
None of this

"and the necron marched onwards driven by the will of their capricous master"

and then having C'tan no longer mentioned.

I know its selfish but I want
new art, new background, more info on what the C'tan are doing, descriptions of long dead C'TAN, more info on the existing ones, a model for the Outsider and a full page dedicated to him.
I also want more little stories like in the current codex which usually end with the Deciever or another C'tan.

SELFISH OVERLOAD, SELFISH OVERLOAD, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP

I dont want the C'tan out of the background just because people hate the idea of them being all powerful.
If this happens Ill just have to beg GW to make a codex C'tan so i can read about my most favorite thing about 40k.
Necrons are great but C'tan are greater and rule all of the material world.
The other races just dont know it yet.

Urath
26-09-2009, 11:18
You realise that a, to scale, model of the Outsider would be bigger than Europe?

Askil the Undecided
26-09-2009, 11:29
I think the real question is do the C'tan enthusiasts actually understand what a dyson sphere is? It explains alot about the scale of the thing and how utterly lame the outsider would be in game terms being that he's wrapped around a star happily munching away ignoring absolutely everything since the enslaver incursions.

Cronlover: I made a model of the outsider!
SMurfer: I made my own chapter!
Cronlover: It's f#8kin' HUGE!
SMurfer: Yeah, that it is but it also couldn't give any less of a damn about my army if it tried.
Cronlover: Boohoo the Outsider sucks!
SMurfer: oh well Cronlover you can still use it as the lamest ever battleship on BFG.
Cronlover: Bwaaaa!

Urath
26-09-2009, 11:31
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyson_Sphere

Just so we're all on the same page.

MontytheMighty
26-09-2009, 16:42
wouldn't the nids be the ultimate feast for the C'tan, or do they prefer sentient living beings as opposed to mindless swarms?

Urath
26-09-2009, 18:21
Well, anything that experiences great amounts of emotion as it flavours the essence.

Lord Damocles
26-09-2009, 19:22
There's no reason for size to be a problem (or a considereation particularly).

We know that the C'tan can alter their appearance at will (Deus Ex Mechanicus, Shadow Games etc.), which for the Deciever at least (since we know more about the Deciever than any other C'tan) includes changing size.

There's no firm indication of the size of either the Dragon or the Outsider other than the Dragon's [presumed] sarcophagus being 'vast' (Visions of a Sleeping God).

This guy (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat150073a&prodId=prod1080027) could work well as the basis for a more compact C'tan.