PDA

View Full Version : Lizardmen Shortage?

HunterSkunter
25-09-2009, 22:29
This may sound weird, since I don't know if its just a local issue or not. I live in San Marcos, TX, I frequent stores in San Antonio, Austin, and sometimes Houston and Katy, and the one common thread, even among GW stores, is the lack of Lizardmen. My brother plays lizardmen, and for a while we thought it was just a product pull for the 7th edition book and some new models, but that has passed, and for some reason these stores just either can't seem to keep lizardmen models in stock, and I don't really know why. I doubt its because they are super popular, the stores we frequent don't seem to have heavy Fantasy bases, but good fantasy selection for pretty much every other army. Has anyone else experienced similar issues, or have an obvious explanation I am just overlooking?

loveless
25-09-2009, 22:33
A lot of the metal blisters are Direct Only now, while the boxes are typically sent out to stores. Stegadons, from what I hear, get snatched up for various conversions.

Is it the entire range or do you still have Saurus, TG, Skink, and Cold One boxes?

Also, if you make a request to have them stock an item, I've found most LGSs to be rather willing to bring in something if they know it will sell.

HunterSkunter
25-09-2009, 22:39
A lot of the metal blisters are Direct Only now, while the boxes are typically sent out to stores. Stegadons, from what I hear, get snatched up for various conversions.

Is it the entire range or do you still have Saurus, TG, Skink, and Cold One boxes?

Also, if you make a request to have them stock an item, I've found most LGSs to be rather willing to bring in something if they know it will sell.

We see mainly: Chameleon blisters, Scar Veteran Blister and the occasional slann or carnasaur, but rarely unit boxes anymore, and definitely no Stegs (but he has 2 already, so no big loss there). I guess lots of the blisters going direct order is probably the main reason, we haven't seen any new Kroxigors, Pteradons or anything. I would normally ask the local people to stock them, but I hate doing that when we frequent so many stores, I guess I feel like a jerk or something.

ScalySkin
25-09-2009, 22:56
The lizardmen are alive and well over here in Australia, not the most popular army, but above average interest and enough to keep a good supply in GW shops.

HunterSkunter
25-09-2009, 23:13
The lizardmen are alive and well over here in Australia, not the most popular army, but above average interest and enough to keep a good supply in GW shops.

Hmmm, they seem like they would be pretty popular, maybe they are out of stock due to that popularity? I just don't know enough fantasy players in the stores to tell, but I haven't seen a ton of Lizzie armies. Maybe they are a more popular army for the non-hobbyists, or new people (the main offending GW store IS in a mall....)

Dexter099
25-09-2009, 23:38
If you go to GW Rice, we have this british guy who plays lizardmen.

HunterSkunter
26-09-2009, 00:01
If you go to GW Rice, we have this british guy who plays lizardmen.

Never been to that store, but I'll check it out. Around Houston I mainly visit GW in Katy Mills and the new GW store over in Cypress.