PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Nurgle Daemon army

Tzeentch Lord X7
25-09-2009, 22:49
Herald of Nurgle 250
level 1 wizard, Palanquin, Noxious Vapors, slime trail

Herald of Nurgle 340
level 1 wizard, BSB, Palanquin, standard of sundering, Noxious vapors, stream of bile

Herald of Nurgle 265
level 1 wizard, Palanquin, Staff of Nurgle

Herald of Nurgle 265
level 1 wizard, Palanquin, Staff of Nurgle

16 Plaguebearers 257
command, standard of seeping decay

16 Plaguebearers 257

16 Plaguebearers 257

18 Plaguebearers 257
standard, champion, standard of seeping decay

8 furies 96

8 furies 96

total 2250

tell me if i need to change anything.

Jind_Singh
26-09-2009, 06:02
yes, drop a unit and one herald - and go crazy with nurglings. with both furies and nurglings your one to sure fire winner - nurglings are just amazing in all aspects - they scout, they skirmish, make excellent line of sight blockers, provide you mobile units to march block people, throw in front as a sacrifical unit - and change the bsb to make your guys stubborn - holy crap! Ward saves, regen, and then stubborn ld - you'll never die!
Throw in fact enemy wont get flanking bonus, and hordes of nurglings to take away his own ranks - TA DA!
green horde truly worthy of fear & respect

w3rm
26-09-2009, 21:37
Nurglings are skirmishers. They do not break ranks. Nurgle dameons...*sigh*

Jind_Singh
27-09-2009, 04:43
ah true - but you still get your bonus for rear/flank charging, and nurglings are still hard to take down - and dish out a meaty 3 posion attacks - theres no end to how useful the buggers are!

PeG
27-09-2009, 21:57
you have lots of things that doesnt die but very few things that will actually kill something.

captainsebastian
27-09-2009, 22:35
You could look into getting Big Papa Nurgle. I had a friend play one at a tournament we had yesterday (level 3, trappings, infestation) and it helped him win all three of his games. By the end of turn two his unit of 3 nurglings was up to 7. That is 21 wounds your opponent has to go through and there is a change that every magic phase there is another 3 wounds added to the unit someone has to chew through

Tzeentch Lord X7
01-10-2009, 02:46
i know flamers are amazing but this is a themed army

Paraelix
01-10-2009, 07:57
i know flamers are amazing but this is a themed army

:) good to see

Jind_Singh
01-10-2009, 17:30
I still personally would go with 3 slightly larger blocks with heralds and then fill out the rest with Nurglings and at least a beast of Nurgle - As you dont have the hammer hitter Papa Nurgle you need to get more units out there to support the core units - from the looks of it you havent tried them, but try using proxies - monstor bases of something - for nurglings and see how you like them.
Not only does it add flavour to the army, they have great tactical edge to them.
At worst they distract the foe from your juicy core units!

Tzeentch Lord X7
01-10-2009, 19:54
im going to drop a unit of plague bearers and a herald and put in 3 beasts of nurgle and 6 nurglings

dal9ll
01-10-2009, 20:46
Mono-Nurgle without Epidemus? Blasphemy! I'd replace a Herald w/ Epi then drop a unit of Bearers for whole load of Nurglings. Seriously, who doesntly love Nurglings??

shartmatau
01-10-2009, 20:50
They are cute.

Personally I'm in favor of the greater daemon. He ends up costing more than two heralds though, so I can see the reason not to take him. He's just so...big and jolly.

Papawolf
01-10-2009, 21:35
The problem with monogod - although i much prefer it as it is themed - is that you get such a limit in your army. there is hardly anything to choose and it can get pretty boring. so if i was going to do it i would get converting, make some hounds nice and nurgley, green stuff'em up and paint them like the rest of your army.
thats the only way i could deal with it

Paraelix
02-10-2009, 00:36
The problem with monogod - although i much prefer it as it is themed - is that you get such a limit in your army. there is hardly anything to choose and it can get pretty boring. so if i was going to do it i would get converting, make some hounds nice and nurgley, green stuff'em up and paint them like the rest of your army.
thats the only way i could deal with it

I think the trouble is mono-nurgle doesn't have the same variety as the other gods. And they're missing fast units.

Jind_Singh
02-10-2009, 02:22
actually mono-tzeentch would drive me crazy - i like the other 3 though, slaanesh by far is most flexible as mono-themed army, and fun!
But the OP is doing well - by dropping the last unit in favour of nurglings/beasts it's excellent!

crazywhiteboydance
06-10-2009, 13:01
Beasts & Nurglings are definately the way forward but I would also recommend trying out a GUO it can be so brilliant & remember he doesn't always need to be lvl 3 or 4 sorcerer either. I had most success with mine at level 2. Also if you regularly play against opponents with big things in their list try a GUO with vapours & balesword, he'll drop a stank in 1 round!

crazywhiteboydance
06-10-2009, 13:03
I think the trouble is mono-nurgle doesn't have the same variety as the other gods. And they're missing fast units.

That's what scouting Nurglings are for. Tie em up with the little buggers while the PB's etc advance.