PDA

View Full Version : 2,000pt Lizardman Tournement List

timtimmy
16-01-2006, 21:00
Alright, this list, unlike another being bandied around ;) , is my attempt at a balanced hard hitting list, please let me know what you guys think

Lord on a Carnosaur (422)
-+1 Dispel Dice, Ability to ride animal
-Light Armor, Shield, Spear
-4+Ward against St5

Scar-Vet(133)
-+1 Dispel
-Light Armor, Shield, Great Weapon
-Charm of the Jaguar

Scar-Vet(134)
-+1 Dispel
-Light Armor, Shield
-Sword of the Hornet

2x10 Skinks w/Javelins and Shield(60)

2x19 Saurus w/Spears and Full Command(296)

2 Jungle Swarms(120)

2x3 Kroxigor(174)

2 Salamanders(130)

1,999 pts.
72 Models
2 Powerdice
5 Dispel Dice

So what do you think guys, all comments welcome and i promise not to say, doesn't matter i win :)

TAU AIR CASTE
17-01-2006, 12:21
I think you may be better off with a skink priest with 2 scrolls otherwise it looks like you will really suffer against magic heavy armies, Also I owuld suggest taking a unit of terradons as they are probally one of the best units in the lizzardmen army! hit and run with 20" flyers is great.

Kroxhandler
17-01-2006, 13:04
Alright, this list, unlike another being bandied around ;) , is my attempt at a balanced hard hitting list, please let me know what you guys think

Lord on a Carnosaur (422)
-+1 Dispel Dice, Ability to ride animal
-Light Armor, Shield, Spear
-4+Ward against St5

Scar-Vet(133)
-+1 Dispel
-Light Armor, Shield, Great Weapon
-Charm of the Jaguar

Scar-Vet(134)
-+1 Dispel
-Light Armor, Shield
-Sword of the Hornet

2x10 Skinks w/Javelins and Shield(60)

2x19 Saurus w/Spears and Full Command(296)

2 Jungle Swarms(120)

2x3 Kroxigor(174)

2 Salamanders(130)

1,999 pts.
72 Models
2 Powerdice
5 Dispel Dice

So what do you think guys, all comments welcome and i promise not to say, doesn't matter i win :)

I kinda like it, the only thing that really sticks out IMO is the spears on the saurus. The rest of the army is geared towards offense, the saurus are the only ones tooled up for defense. It makes more sense to me to drop the sticks in favour of say mark of Quetzl, Huanchi or maybe Sotek?

Also the (anti)magic in the list isn't all that balanced I'm afraid. I'm with TAU AIR CASTE on this one, I think you would do better if you scrapped one of the scar-vets for a priest with the diadem of power or some scrolls. That would give you way more leverage when the enemy starts flinging magic at you.

Perhaps my final piece of advise is to put some more fast elements in the list, a unit of scouting skinks or terradons perhaps. Disrupting the enemys formation and movements seems important IMO if you are to execute your strikes with minimal backlash. You don't have the firepower(except from the sallies) to negate enemy support units so the enemy could be setting up traps quite easily.

Here's my revised suggestion, hope you take some parts of it:
Oldblood (Tepok,Itzl, Quetzl, Carnie, Aura , Firefly venom, spear, Sh, LA)
Scar-vet(Tepok, Quetzl, LA, Sh, Jag. charm, Glyph, GW)
Priest (lvl.2, diadem)
2 Jungle swarms
2x13 skinks(javs)
10 skinks(pipes, scouts)
2x3 Kroxigors
3 Terradons
19 Saurus( full command, Quetzl)
2 Salamanders
PD: (2-6), DD: (3-7), 1982 pts over 77 models.

The only real difference on the oldblood would be that now all attacks are magical and poisoned and that it's got a 2+/(4+) save instead of 3+/(4+). The scar-vet got a slight upgrade in that direction too, 2+/5+ should keep it ticking a bit longer. The priest can switch over an additional 2 dispel dice and perhaps get a spell or two that matters. Who knows? you might even get to cast them.
Reduced the saurus to one big unit instead, good for hiding the JSOD until it bounces off, quetzl on this unit could be replaced with another mark. I'm thinking Tzatcotl would be nice against undead or others that try to break you with fear or terror.
10 scouting skinks and 3 terradons should cover your basic needs for war machine and mage hunting as well as put a convienient march-block field on the enemy.

Yak
17-01-2006, 16:12
Rather than look at the gmae pay aspects I'll look at the balance aspects for you. Using this (http://www.apati.se/rto2005/komp.pdf) scoring scheme, you score 3254 poits, indicatng it is a balanced list. Well done.

patataman
17-01-2006, 16:23
I like alot your army :D :D
good disiel dice and alot of streng :D I like it :d

Morph
18-01-2006, 08:39
I think scrolls are more important that dispel dice. Say your opponent casts a really crucial spell, one that if it works will turn the tide of the game (I'm thinking some sort of move spell here). I'd want a scroll to auto stop it, rather than risking failing a dispel roll. And really I don't consider 5 dispel dice as very many, especially at a tournament.

So yeah, I'd go for a priest with 2 scrolls as previously suggested.

If you're looking to shave a few points off, drop the spears on the Saurus. In fact you could probably drop the units to 16 strong. Saurus are fairly elite as far as infantry go and you can afford a smaller unit as they will make up for it with their attacks.

Aside from the magic worries it's a nice balanced force which is what I like to see.

timtimmy
18-01-2006, 09:57
Awesome feedback so far

the idea of using a priest with scrolls was in my plans until i decided i had to field the carnosaur so there went the the priest and his scrolls/diadem(whichever i felt like that morning).

I know that 5 dispel dice aren't that many but in my area it is dang near enough as most players are really magic light.

The saurus have spears since, as the slowest unit in my army, they are going to get charged and the chance at 16 attacks if they don't kill my guys is just to good. Plus i don't see spears as being defensively minded, i'll charge given half a chance and then use the spears in future rounds of combat since i always strike last unless some poor bastard lets me charge his two hand weapon units.

I kept 2 units of them as this is the center of my force with each force being flanked by a krox unit that can counter charge. I also take twenty cause lower numbers are subject to fear causing units this is the easiest way of making sure my center doesn't run easy.

I think i'll drop one swarm and the musicians, then bring another unit of skinks w/scouting and blow guns, or maybe expand the two units i do have to 13 and give my lord the poison attack thing. thanx for mentioning that cause i didn't even think about it and st6 poison is nice.

As for terradons i'm not a huge fan, they have consistently under performed for me, of course it could be because i'm not using them right but i have lost the urge to use them right now so they stay on my shelf awaiting the official coat of paint for a tournement.

fubukii
18-01-2006, 11:42
Id suggest losing the carnosaur as you dont want your lord picked off by missle fire and or magic, other then that its looks pretty solid a overal good list. Maybe Add a skink priest as a scroll caddie, give the skinks pipes. Other then that i suggest something for warmachice hunting.

Hope my insights help you out.

-fubu

Kroxhandler
18-01-2006, 12:52
I think i'll/.../give my lord the poison attack thing. thanx for mentioning that cause i didn't even think about it and st6 poison is nice.

I'm afraid it's only the Oldblood itself that gets the poison, S5 then, the carnie is left without. It's a bit of a shame of putting poison on such a powerful character as the main purpose is to overcome high T, which a S5 will do quite naturally. The main reason I suggested it was for the magical attacks, handy when facing some of the special units out there. Deamons and WE dryads comes to mind, not to mention ethereal creatures.

Morph
18-01-2006, 13:07
I just noticed your Lord doens't have a great weapon! S7! S7! Better than a crappy spear. I believe you can make it posioned as well. I would want to give the him the MoQuetzl (+1 save), as otherwise he might be shot off his dinosaur.