tell me wat u thing

Blood is my weakness...
Blood is my strength.

Dr. Acula
25-09-2009, 23:56
i was thinking something lke this

Lord:
Mounted vampire lord

Why? You don't have any mounted stuff and keeping your general alive is very important in a VC army

Heroes:
3 Vampires (2 are mounted)

Same, the mounted ones will get hammered

Core:
1 troop of 20 dire wolves
2 troops of 20 crypt ghouls

Not legal - Dire Wolved don't count towards min core choices (I'm assuming this must be 2000 points)

Special:
1 troop of 20 Grave guard

Nice big unit. With a vamp in the front and a good magic banner (Strigos) it'll be a very hard hitter

Rare:
Varghulf
black coach (maybe)

I quite like the Varghulf, mostly for the model, but quite a lot of people prefer Wraiths/Banshees for the ethereal-ness of them.

I'm not that experienced with VC (heck, I've got a thread here too), but those are my thoughts on the matter.

- .- ..-
26-09-2009, 03:53
i was writting this in a hurry and forgot to add another core unit :)
the third unti was a group of 20 skeleton warriors
i've found that if you upgrade the mounted guys right that they can be quite effective, but i agree that 2 mounted vampires might be too much.
i like the mounted lord because if you give him blood furry, dreadlance, and some sort of armour that he is quite deadly
what do you think of a black coach because i was thinking that i could either have 4 wraiths or 2 corpse carts

a little bit extra: i liked the VC because of all the upgrades, you can make everybody good

accept for dire wolves ( but their way too cool to through away) :)

shredshredxx
01-10-2009, 16:58
for vc core it's always better to go with skeletons OR ghouls, never ever both.

the reason for this is that the vc have bloodline abilities that allow them to raise a certain unit type past its starting size, and they get +1 to cast whilst doing this.

it's a waste of points to take both the skellie raising AND ghould raising ability.

and honestly, no matter what people tell you, skeletons with hand weapon+shield are the way to go. they generate the most static combat res, which is all you really want in core, and have the most survivability.

but it's your army, so choose whichever one you think has cooler models!!

i run a 20-strong grave guard unit in my vc army, it's always fun. i give mine great weapons, put a combat vampire lord and a wight king with the drakenhof banner in the unit. absolutely brutal, and difficult for your opponent to deal with.