PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Kings vs Beastmen

ftayl5
26-09-2009, 02:55
I was at a GW tournament, using Tomb Kings against beastmen.
I lost but in a rather spectacular way. Now my opponent had 3 units (2 core, 1 rare and 3 characters) All Characters were bray shamans. he had a giant herd that costaround 600pts, a 20 bestigor herd with full comand, and 3 dragon ogres. 2 charatcers in teh giant herd, 1 in the bestigors
I had a screaming skull catapult, 2 units of 10 archers, 2 units of 20 skellies with no special weapons or stuff except a standard, 3 ushabtis and a liche priset and a tomb prince.
Turn 1: Screaming Skull Catapult launched a pile of flaming wailing skulls at the ultra huge herd, it easily it, caused 1 wound, the herd failed its panic test and fled off the board :)
everthing else moved forward, i tried shooting it but they had pretty godd toughness and armour saves. Later the ushabtis charged the bestigors (which were in a building sheltering form arrows and waiting for the dragon ogres) the ushabtis kiilled some of the unit but were then flanked and destroyed by the drgon ogres which over charged into my tomb prince unit and killed some of it, the bestigors also charged that and it got obliterated, then the bestigors killed the other skellies, while the ogres charges the SSC (with liche piest) and killed him, then I lost.

I'm still amazed how quickly everything went downhill from such a good start but oh well

Dungeon_Lawyer
26-09-2009, 04:18
oh dam thats tough luck...I think I would have hung back if I were you, after taking out such a big points-intensive unit right from the get go the onus was on your opponite to claw back into it...... Live and learn!

Maoriboy007
26-09-2009, 06:30
You should have ignored the beasts hiding in the building and concentrated ion everything else.

ftayl5
26-09-2009, 09:30
Maoriboy007, there was like nothing else to concentrate on, I manouvered everything to face the dragon ogres, but back then i didnt know how fast they could move :mad: anyway, then i got a vamp army and killed everyone so im happy :), by the way i came 4th in that tourney, i owned in all my other games

Maoriboy007
26-09-2009, 10:34
Maoriboy007, there was like nothing else to concentrate on, I manouvered everything to face the dragon ogres, but back then i didnt know how fast they could move :mad: anyway, then i got a vamp army and killed everyone so im happy :), by the way i came 4th in that tourney, i owned in all my other games

Fair enough, I do find Dragon Ogres troublesome myself, and the first time I found out how fast they actually were it scare the pants off me.
I've just started playing TKs again after playing VCs & Had a tough game vs Beasts myself a coupla days ago.
I guess it sounded more like you had the game sewed up, still the dice can somtimes roll you over like that, better luck next time :)

lcfr
26-09-2009, 17:05
Call me a stunty but it looks like your first mistake was advancing towards the ugly critters. Ushabti are alright (I don't run them myself) but not even a trio of Drogres (who are arguably among the most hurty US3 models out there) would have a great shot at breaking a fully ranked unit on the charge (they'd need 6 kills to win just by 1!).

Looks like some tough luck otherwise.

ftayl5
27-09-2009, 10:44
Yeah i was a total noob then, i made many mistakes in that game!