PDA

View Full Version : High Elves at 1000 pts

Cjwee
26-09-2009, 04:22
Hey y'all! I was wondering how this list would stack as an all comers. I'm planning on basing the starting army off the contents of the battalion box essentially.

High Elves army List *updated!*
14 archers – 154 (mage in one of the archer blocks)
15 spearmen- 150
Musician, standard (noble here)
5 Silver helms – 115
shields
10 swordmasters - 150
1 Repeater ballista – 100
Noble – 143
Armour of Caledor, Guardian Phoenix, Great weapon
Mage - 145
Level 2, Silver Wand, Ring of Fury

thanks!

Desert Rain
26-09-2009, 09:05
First of all, drop a lot of those archers! They aren't very good, and 10 should be enough in most lists. So if you drop one of the units and some more models from the second one you will have enough points left to buy yourself a small unit of elite infantry, at this size I would recommend either swordmasters or white lions, just pick the one you like the most!
Characters look fine, though you might want to add a dispel scroll and I would probably swap the silver wand for the jewel of dusk for a bit more power.

Cjwee
26-09-2009, 14:05
Would it be also viable if i got another repeater and a 2x dispell scrolls instead of teh swordmasters?

Desert Rain
26-09-2009, 14:24
2 scrolls is a bit overkill in just 1000 points, and you really need the swordmasters so that you have a good close combat infantry unit. With only a single small spearmen unit you will be overwhelmed in close combat. The Ring of Fury was a smart choice, didn't think about it myself ;)
You might want to try to convert the silver helms models into dragon princes and take them instead as they are much better for only a few more points, but at this level you will do fine with silver helms.

Cjwee
26-09-2009, 14:29
hrm hrm coolios, what do you think about a seerstaff with the dusk stone combo?
would it be greater than the current set up? cause right now i'm not TOO worried about magic defense, considering how the 2 people i'll be mainly plaing against is magicless brettonia, and runesmithing dwarves... (hence the ring of fury, cause i'm generally not using the high magic lore, mainly metal... gonna teach those high armor savs wearing punks a thing or 2 !)

Desert Rain
26-09-2009, 14:33
You can't have both seerstaff and the jewel since both are arcane items, to bad because it would be a great combo!

Cjwee
26-09-2009, 14:50
curses! hmmm so this list would perform reasonably well then?

Desert Rain
26-09-2009, 14:54
I believe that you would do fine with it unless the opponent brings on something to cheesy.

Cjwee
26-09-2009, 14:56
nice! thanks for all the help!

Dragon Prince of Caledor
26-09-2009, 15:50
I dont think that a ten man unit of swordmasters will last very long. One magic missile and they're pooched. A few missile shots and they're pooched. Just take ten archers. Ten archers and the bolt thrower is sufficient missile power for a 1000pt game. I think just the mage is enough character points for a game this size. You could give him a scroll and the jewel of the dusk and give another unit the banner of sorcery. Then you have magic resistance and more magic firepower than most. With the points saved on the archers you could upgrade the silver helms to dragon princes. In my experience 5 dragon princes in a 100 pt game is awesome. With the points saved on the noble you could pay for the banner of sorcery and enough points to maybe upgrade the swordmasters to 14 and go 7 wide across for max attacks.
Another build for the mage could be sacred incense and the jewel of the dusk depending on what your opponents magic is like. You could use the remaining 50 points to up the spearmen to 20 strong.
Just one guys opinion :P
Good luck

Desert Rain
26-09-2009, 16:11
nice! thanks for all the help!

You're welcome!