PDA

View Full Version : VC and Alucard

Minion
26-09-2009, 15:38
ok after listening to this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjRyleWz2Dc&NR=1&feature=fvwp and watching for yet another time the whole OVA series i was wondering how could Alucard be represented in VC army??Since im playing VC i wanted to run a Lord as Alucard.My first thought was giving him Forbidden Lore and go for Lore of Shadows.for items i was wondering about the Carstein Ring but i dont think its souch a usefull item.what Powers/Magic items would you run to fit the picture???

Bloodless
27-09-2009, 01:47
You will have to give him Vampire wings for flight, and go magic heavy. In Alucard's first incarnation, Castlevania 3, his special ability was to turn into a bat and shoot 3 fireballs at his foe. ;)

Invader Nails
28-09-2009, 07:27
I believe he's referring to Alucard from the anime "Hellsing," rather than from Castlevania.

Minion, I'd recommend deciding if you want him to be "normal" Alucard or Alucard after he's had his full powers unlocked. If you go for the former, I'd make him a total melee combat monster (not familiar with the new VC book so I can't be more specific). If you go for full-power Alucard I'd represent it by making him a magic monster. Either way, I think that to represent him accurately he really needs to be an absolute BEAST of a character -- very expensive points-wise. After all, the point of the character is that he's an unholy badass and he never, ever loses.

Although it also occurs to me that Alucard would never be leading an army of pathetic zombies and skeletons and ghouls and such. It seems more likely that he'd be fighting a Vampire Counts army than leading one, but that's not very helpful to you I suppose, is it?

Minion
28-09-2009, 10:22
well thanks for the repplies.and yes its Alucard from Hellsing.

Lijacote
28-09-2009, 11:08
I think you should refrain from even trying to portray Alucard from Hellsing using a standard army book.

He can't be portrayed. It'd be idolatry.