TTTTTTTT
------BBBBB
------BBBBB
------BBBBB
------BBBBB
------------FFFFF
------------FFFFF
------------FFFFF

Now the judge ruled that the Flesh Hounds could not charge the Temple Guard because the Bloodletters would be in the way. And I thought that the flesh hounds would clip the Temple Guard and get Caddy-corner.

Any ideas?

Sirroelivan
26-09-2009, 23:59
They are in the way, and even if they could see the temple guard, they wouldn't get there, since like you show it in the example, they can't even wheel.

Shield of Freedom
27-09-2009, 00:19
The flesh hounds can't charge. They can't even see the Temple Guard. If they could there would be no room to wheel. No charge.

theunwantedbeing
27-09-2009, 00:21
If the flesh hounds are facing left as you look at the screen, and can see the far corner of the templeguard, they could feasably reach if they have the range.

But if they are facing the top of the screen, its impossible as they would have to move through the bloodletters which is of course not allowed.

Poor placement of the flesh hounds really.

T10
27-09-2009, 09:05
Now the judge ruled that the Flesh Hounds could not charge the Temple Guard because the Bloodletters would be in the way. And I thought that the flesh hounds would clip the Temple Guard and get Caddy-corner.

Any ideas?

About what you are talking about? Only vaguely.

Is that diagram representative at all? What direction is the Fleshounds unit facing? And what the hell is a "caddy-corner"?

-T10

Atrahasis
27-09-2009, 09:26
As T10 said.

The diagram means nothing, especially as there are 15 F's in the Fleshhound unit, making it questionable what the scale is (if each B is a Bloodletter, then the hound unit has 7.5 models?).

T10
27-09-2009, 09:52
Let's assume that up is north and the Temple Guard unit is facing south and is engaged to their front by the Bloodletters. Let us further assume that the Flesh Hounds are in the Temple Guard's forward arc and that they do indeed have line of sight to the Temple Guard unit.

If the Fleshhounds are facing north then they may not charge. This is because they are required to engage the Temple Guard to that unit's front even though the Bloodletters are in the way and Temple Guard Flank is easily within reach.

If the Fleshhounds are facing west then they can simply move forward to the western edge of the Bloodletters unit, then wheel north and move straight into contact with the Temple Guard's front.

I can only assume that former situation was the case.

Condottiere
27-09-2009, 13:36
Caddy corner sounds like the corner position in the front rank where you'd place a spell-caster for a better LoS.

vinny t
27-09-2009, 17:17
Oh, I'm sorry guys, the diagram was screwed up. My bad I fixed it. And the question douen's have anythong to do with scale. I'm asking if the fleshounds could charge, clipping the edge of the TG block.

nosferatu1001
27-09-2009, 18:04
given you cannot even physically place the models, as the Bloodletters are blocking the corner edge, then no you cannot charge.

I think you are looking to see if they can make a charge, only contacting the corner of the TG unit. You can only do this if the corner is exposed: in your diagram it is blocked by the letters. If the letters were exactly aligned with the TG unit, i.e. no overlap either side, you could charge the corner.

Atrahasis
28-09-2009, 08:12
tttttttt
tttttttt
tttttttt
tttttttt
------bbbbb
------bbbbb
------bbbbb
------bbbbb
------------fffff
------------fffff
------------fffff

Code tags are your friend.

Is this a better representation? The answer doesn't change, but it might well clear up some confusion.