PDA

View Full Version : Skaven Pestilens 1000 List

PBGhost
11-05-2005, 09:39
I've only ever played one game of Fantasy, and I've begun to construct a 1000 point list of Skaven Pestilens. I need to cut out 30 points and I'm not sure what I should get rid of:

Plague Priest w/ 2 Hand Weapons, Bands of Power, Warpstone Amulet 124 points

2 Poisoned Rat Swarms 170 points

2x20 Clanrat Slaves 40 points each

3x20 Plauge Monks w/ Full Command, 2 Hand Weapons 185 points each

-One Plauge Monk unit with 6 Plague Censer Bearers 102 points

The idea is to have Slaves shield my unarmoured monks. Priest in the middle Monk unit to project Leadership, Rat swarms on one flank and Censers on the other.

ReDavide
11-05-2005, 16:37
I'd lose the Bands of Power right away.

Bound Spell items have such low power levels that you normally have to drain your opponent's dispel dice with your own spells before unleashing the bound item as a surprise. You have no magic here, so your opponent will have his full pool of dispel dice when you use the Bands. He'll dispel them easily.

Ordo Hereticus
16-05-2005, 16:50
"He'll dispel them easily"

women play warhammer too remember

PBGhost
16-05-2005, 20:26
"He'll dispel them easily"

women play warhammer too remember

Don't troll.

David: Fair point. What should I arm him with? The Censer seems a bit expensive for what it does and magic weapons seem far too pricey. Any other comments?

PBGhost
18-05-2005, 07:20
Shameless bump?

therisnosaurus
18-05-2005, 09:26
censer is certainly worth it. +2 strength is something you need to hurt heavy armor and the fumes and magic weapon status are just as handy. drop the bands, take a warpstone amulet if you can. 4+ ward is far more useful

PBGhost
18-05-2005, 10:06
censer is certainly worth it. +2 strength is something you need to hurt heavy armor and the fumes and magic weapon status are just as handy. drop the bands, take a warpstone amulet if you can. 4+ ward is far more useful

I already have the amulet. Changing from Bands to Censer, I still need to drop 30 points somewhere. Any suggestions?

meowser
20-05-2005, 19:18
are you using the appendix pestilens list or the bubonic court from lustria?

if you're using the appendix, bear in mind it's not official and thus suitable only for casual gaming

if you're using the lustria list, slaves are pusbags and cost more

i'd take regular rat swarms instead of plagued ones... increasing their cost by almost 50% is hardly worth the poisoned attacks... their purpose is to tie up points-heavy/hurty units

PBGhost
20-05-2005, 20:18
are you using the appendix pestilens list or the bubonic court from lustria?

if you're using the appendix, bear in mind it's not official and thus suitable only for casual gaming

if you're using the lustria list, slaves are pusbags and cost more

i'd take regular rat swarms instead of plagued ones... increasing their cost by almost 50% is hardly worth the poisoned attacks... their purpose is to tie up points-heavy/hurty units

I'm using the appendix--I was not aware there was an updated Pestilens list in the Lustria book. The rat swarms *must* take poisoned attacks in the appendix list. I will try and have a look at the Lustria book now.