PDA

View Full Version : do BT and SW dislike each other?

Reflex
27-09-2009, 16:25
I dont know where i got this idea from, but for some reason im thinking that the black templars and space wolves dislike/hate each other.

i dont know why, but can anyone shed some light on this?

TheBigBadWolf
27-09-2009, 16:47
I dont know where i got this idea from, but for some reason im thinking that the black templars and space wolves dislike/hate each other.

i dont know why, but can anyone shed some light on this?

Mmm, I dont think so, Ive not heard anything that would indicate so.

The Anarchist
27-09-2009, 17:47
never seen any fluff that might indicate this. Black Templars might hav e a bit of an issue with DA atm after one of their ships disapeared whilst holding one of the fallen

stainawarjar
27-09-2009, 17:50
Black Templars are just an unimportant 2nd founding chapter, it's unlikely most Space Wolves have even heard of them ;)

Gdolkin
27-09-2009, 19:21
You might be thinking of the Dark Angels being distrusted by the Wolves, and there being a feud of rivalry between them.

Helikaon
27-09-2009, 19:27
I've never read anything suggesting any distrust or animosity between the Wolves and the Templars. The things I can think of is the Wolves use of psykers, something the Templars really come down hard on. That or that the Wolves didn't fight in the Siege of the Emperors Palace and the Templar's did (well, kinda, their forebears in the Fists did). Kinda like the animosity between the Iron Hands, Salamanders and Raven Guard because the Iron Hands supposedly bore the brunt of the fighting just because they lost their Primarch, conveniently forgetting that both the Sallies and Raven's were near annihilated by the Drop Pod Massacre and both Corax and Vulkan were incapacitated.

Urath
27-09-2009, 22:55
It's ironic that, during the Great Crusade and Heresy, the Space Wolves hated psykers and sorcerers, yet they used Wolf Priests (or whatever they're called) when they attacked Prospero!

Helikaon
27-09-2009, 23:44
Yeah, but I think the Wolves fool themselves around it, claiming they don't call on the Warp but use other means to create the effects.

Marshal2Crusaders
28-09-2009, 00:08
Do British Soldiers hate the Polish Army? Or the Spanish Army? Because thats the same relationship Chapters have to one another. They are armies unto themselves. They can work together in a coalition, but there really isn't a hate/dislike quality unless something happened between them, like the DA successors bugging out or the Flesh Tearers eating their allies. If you mean the Space Wolves genetic deviance, well that isn't really obvious outside of the fangs, and plenty of cultures alter their appearance, so it wouldn't send up red flags like batwings or 4 eyes would.

ntin
28-09-2009, 00:29
never seen any fluff that might indicate this. Black Templars might hav e a bit of an issue with DA atm after one of their ships disapeared whilst holding one of the fallen

That Strike Cruiser never made it back with the rest of the crusade. Dark Angels would not leave any evidence behind when Cypher is involved.

Reflex
28-09-2009, 00:52
I know about the hate between BT's and DA and SW and DW. for some reason i had it in my head that the BT and SW didnt get along.

silly me. to much time on my hands maybe.

thanks guys.

Phyros
28-09-2009, 01:14
It's ironic that, during the Great Crusade and Heresy, the Space Wolves hated psykers and sorcerers, yet they used Wolf Priests (or whatever they're called) when they attacked Prospero!

There is nothing in the background that says the Space Wolves "hate" psykers.

LexxBomb
28-09-2009, 03:53
yer its all marines are suspicious of Psykers including their own Librarians.. hence why the Librarianian (I know why wont GW just call it a Library) and the Forge are sperated from their chapters stucure.

Helikaon
28-09-2009, 03:54
No, but plenty of evidence saying they hated Sorcerors (like Magnus and his ilk) which is just psker(y?) by another name, at least to me.

Mr Zoat
28-09-2009, 05:51
Sorcery is different to psionics. I've never really been clear on how, but in 40K there is a difference.

TheDarkDaff
28-09-2009, 08:45
Psykers draw on the warp to do their thing while Sorcery is the binding of Daemons and other warp entities to do something similar.

Shadowlance
28-09-2009, 08:49
BT and SW dont have many historical contacts together if any at all.

But several reasons why BT would dislike/hate/claim heretics and burn is because:
-they use psykers, though space wolves are iffy on the subject themselves
-their whole wolf like apearence and persona, this may be seen as mutation and lead to much buring....
- as well as the SW that turned choas wolf dudes (forget their names), might make the BT uneasy around them.

Other then that space marines...blood brothers immortal...except for chaos:D

pookie
28-09-2009, 08:51
That Strike Cruiser never made it back with the rest of the crusade. Dark Angels would not leave any evidence behind when Cypher is involved.

just a minor point, that Strike Cruiser WAS the Crusade.

OT - nope no recorded fueds between the BT and SW, both would probably enjoy a good scrap side by side, although i could see the Bt thinking the SW course etc, and that the SW probably think the BT are all high and mighty, but theres no reason why they would ever cross paths unless to aid one another.

Askil the Undecided
28-09-2009, 11:12
Basically they aren't recorded as having any big problems althought the arrogant, bigoted, ignorant, dogmatic, ultra-religious BT are basically everything the SW hate in people that isn't personified by the sneaky, dishonourable DA or the evil scorerers of the 1Ksons.

Lisiecki
28-09-2009, 23:49
Helbrechet "Hey there Logan, you know what I love, killing things that opposes the Empire, and going on a never ending hunt for those who would be a threat to man"

Logan "WOW, So do I, and Russ and the 13th Co, flew directly in to the eye of terror to have the same kind of never ending hunt"

Logan&Helbreachet "HUGS"