PDA

View Full Version : 1999pt Rockcon Tournament List

captainsebastian
27-09-2009, 18:15
So it is 1999points (no lords, 2 core...well 1 core, etc). I have lots and lots of High Elves so if I need adjustments let me know.

Heroes:
Lv 2
-Seer, Dispel Scroll

Lv 2
-Ring of Fury, Silver Wand

BSB (Horse+Barding, DA, S)
-Helm of Fortune
-Sword of Might

10 Archers
18 Spearmen (Command) (6x3)
-Warbanner

5 Ellyrian reavers (Musician)
13 White Lions (Command)
-Lion Standard
14 Sword Masters (Command)
-Banner of Sorcery
5 Dragon Princes
5 Dragon Princes

2 Bolt Throwers

BSB will go with the White Lions. This combo has won me so many games and delayed death to my army for so long. I'd like to keep this as much as possible. My main question is about the Ellyrian Reavers. Since I'm only allowed 2 rare (and I chose two bolt throwers) I needed a redirector. Should I keep them in or take them out and replace them with something else? I've toiled with taking them out plus the archers (or maybe spearmen) and adding another unit of sword masters (I own two units, 14 and 13) or white lion chariot or something. O the seer mage will in general pick Beast for the beast cowers and bears anger (I seem to fight lots of hydras/calvary).

Thoughts?

wamphyri101
28-09-2009, 13:52
Hey Bud, I tried something similar at a 1999 event recently and did ok, till I got overconfident and screwed up big time. First 2 games were a massacre in my favour (Dwarf then a daemon player), 3rd game was another daemon player (who went on to win the tournament) and I fell apart due to bad spell path choice (I went offence when I should have supported my units) and very bad luck but in the end he was a very good player and I made a lot of silly mistakes.

My list was:

High Elves Army (1995)

High Elf Noble
Dragon Armour, Reaver Bow, Enchanted Shield, Lance
Barded Elven Steed

Elven Mage
Ring of Fury Silver wand, level 2 mage
Elven Steed

Elven Mage
Ring of Corin, Dispel Scroll Level 2 mage

Characters (3): 533 Points

10 Elven Archers

10 Elven Archers

Core (2): 220points

7 Shadow Warriors

Lion Chariot

14 Sword masters of Hoeth
Full command, Banner of sorcery, Dragon Horn

6 Dragon Princes of Calador

14 White lions of Chrace
Full Command, Gem of Courage, banner of balance

Special (5): 1042points

Elven Repeater Bolt Thrower
Elven Repeater Bolt Thrower

Rare (2): 200 points

I would change a few things now and still stick with the rough same list as it worked well. For your list, I think everything will serve you well, except the 5 reavers. I just feel they donít have the numbers or stats to pull off whatís needed. You might be better off getting a chariot, up your knights or even

Over all just make sure your mages support your units and you will be fine!

captainsebastian
28-09-2009, 14:34
Thanks for the reply!

I'm sorry your tournament list didn't do so well because of a spell choice...it hurts when you spend the points and don't get to use it effectively.

I'm going to through in that lion chariot. Unfortunately I don't believe I have any more models to up the unit count on the Dragon Princes. So i took the extra points to increase the rest of the infantry blocks.

Heroes:
Lv 2
-Seer, Dispel Scroll

Lv 2
-Ring of Fury, Silver Wand

BSB (Horse+Barding, DA, S)
-Helm of Fortune
-Sword of Might

20 Spearmen (Command) (7x3)
-Warbanner

White Lion Chariot
15 White Lions (Command)