PDA

View Full Version : Competative WoC list 2250

_toast_
27-09-2009, 20:57
Hey all!

I would love some feedback on a list i have been playing around with. The only constraints are no nurgle....i don't like the look of them.

Sorcerer Lord of Tzeentch 329
General
Magic Level 4
Spell Familiar
Disc

Sorcerer of Tzeentch 190
Magic Level 2
Dispel Scroll
Power Familiar

Sorcerer of Tzeentch 190
Magic Level 2
Book of Secrets
Dispel Scroll

Exalted Hero of Khorne 215
Axe o Khorne
Shield
Juggernaut Mount

5 Chaos Warhounds 30

5 Chaos Warhounds 30

25 Chaos Marauders of Slaanesh 205
Flail
Light Armour
Shield
Full Command

12 Chaos Warriors of Slaanesh 269
Halberd
Shield
Full Command
War Banner

5 Marauder Horsemen of Slaanesh 102
Flails
Light Armor
Musician

5 Marauder Horsemen of Slaanesh 102
Flails
Light Armor
Musician

5 Chaos Knights of Khorne 260
Ensorcelled Weapons
Shield
Standard
Musician

5 Chaos Knights of Khorne 260
Ensorcelled Weapons
Shield
Standard
Musician

12 power dice
6 dispel dice

68 points to play with... any ideas? I'm thinking maybe a spawn, or more warriors... any thoughts? How about the general structure... pros cons... anything you want to say.

I would love some feedback, its the only way in which my list can improve.

PeG
27-09-2009, 21:03
I prefer Nurgle for my low level casters. Buboes is great for drawing dispel dice or to kill enemy casters. I am also of the opinion that war hounds are the best unit in the WoC book and would add another 10 hounds with the remaining points.

Jiggy
27-09-2009, 21:03
You don't need the shield on the exalted he gets a 1+ just with juggy and chaos armour:)
I think that the marauder unit is pretty much useless but maybe that's just me.
Removing them and using your left points can give you a second warriors unit or raise the one you have to 16 and get a big thing in like a giant or some monster for variety.A chariot or a warshrine is a good idea too.

_toast_
27-09-2009, 21:47
hey, thanks for the feedback guys. Would you go for 2x more units of hounds? or would you go for 2 units of 10? I think the point of the 25 marauders is to be a roadblock, tarpit kinda deal... ya they will get chewed up pretty fast, but im hoping they will be able to lock things in combat, for a turn or 2. I also have 50+ of the models :p

keep it coming! I'll post a revised list later on, but more idead would be great!

Paraelix
28-09-2009, 01:27
Marauder tarpit? I'm not so sure. However, if you want to be really devilish. Why not drop to 17 (6x3) and replace your Khorne character with Wulfrik. Running the Marauders with flails will then give you a hard hitting unit that can wander on from *behind* your opponents gun line, or wander on from the left/right and immediately threaten flanks.

I've seen a similar army used at my local store though. However instead of foot troops (all the chars are mounted) he uses some Dragon Ogres and a Giant

Unuhexium
28-09-2009, 06:17
Get some protection for your Sorc Lord since guys on discs are VERY vulnerable to shooting. Golden Eye of Tzeentch is farily cheap and gives your general a 3+ WSv vs all shooting. Right now, if anyone can draw a bead on him, he's as good as dead.

Eta
28-09-2009, 09:12
Give your lord some protective gear. Warhounds are used to the best effect in units of five. Keep the shield on your exalted, a 0+ save is better than 1+ ;)

Greetings
Eta

Lord Khabal
28-09-2009, 09:38
Give the shield to the mage lord... and golden eye... and roar.

_toast_
28-09-2009, 17:59
hey, thanks for the feedback guys! I think i will invest the points into the lord to make him a bit more durable. Are any of the magic banners worth it? I'm thinking of just throwing the blasted standard in there, as I've got the points. With a magic heavy phase... could be cast quite successfully.

Matrim
28-09-2009, 18:13
I'd say yes. The blasted standard should screw over any march-blockers in your way and take up 1-2 of your opponents very valuable dispel dice if he decides to dispel. Also, it will give your warriors something to to for three turns or more while they trudge across the field. The warbanner might not be needed since you might not find anything left on the other side of the battlefield that can deal with even 12 warriors of chaos once your knights and magics have had their turn. I would give it a try, in your case. :)

*Edit: Of course, I'm assuming that your Knights are deployed slightly on the flanks (better for overrunning into other units) giving your warriors a clear line of sight for the first couple of turns.

Papawolf
28-09-2009, 21:14
drop the warriors they will do nothing. add another unit of marauders. make all marauders Mok
screw light armour or shields for the marauders just use them to take objectives and be meatshields.
the MoS on marauder horsemen is good because it means they can flee from charges

^_^

captainC
28-09-2009, 21:23
I like it, although its true those marauders should be dropped for some more warriors.