PDA

View Full Version : How do you worship Chaos Undivided?

HA!
28-09-2009, 01:00
" Oh various gods of chaos, fill me with your vague, generalized power!
In exchange, I will...hmmm...be over the top in a general way while doing what I want to do?"

Anyone care to explain how this works? Goals, incentives, etc? Thanks.

Acerbus
28-09-2009, 01:13
well they still recongnize each god, or "aspect" as it may be, so they would pray to each respective power when circumstances require certain blessings, rather than focusing on one characteristic. this could lead them to being more powerful than single god worshippers, because they bear favor of all the gods, or less powerful because they don't have the particular favor of any god.

Vesica
28-09-2009, 01:15
If i did worship chaos i would say something along the lines of

"for the glory of the chaos!!!"

Think of them as jack of jack of all trades, they get some of the powers of the various gods without being stuck with said god.

So one day they may just call on Chaos in general, another they may call on the fury of khorne, or the cunning and magic of tzeentch.

It basically gives you more options and doesn't cost your soul.

ChaosReigns
28-09-2009, 01:28
Uhm, no. Followers of Chaos are pretty much damned regardless of which god they worship, or even if they worship Chaos Undivided.

The worship of Chaos Undivided can take many different forms. Just looking at the Traitor Legions some groups, like the Word Bearers, worship the Chaos Gods equally as a pantheon. Others, like the Black Legion, may worship individual Chaos Gods when it's convenient, drawing upon their boons as necessary and switching up on a regular basis. Others still, like the Night Lords and, to a lesser extent, Iron Warriors, do not "worship" the gods, strictly speaking, but engage in what they believe to be negotiations of sorts. They do the gods "favours" in exchange for the gifts of Chaos. In other words they "use" Chaos (or at least that's what they believe) without worshiping it.

HA!
28-09-2009, 02:17
So, is it kind of like ancient roman religion, a series of legalistic exhanges, as opposed to a passionate, personal relationship?
I'm starting to understand, but do followers of chaos undivided ever fight for the gods? Would a typical undivided traitor guard army rebel, then turn to chaos undivided, or do they start off worshiping the pantheon, then break out in open rebellion?

Mannimarco
28-09-2009, 02:25
you worship chaos as a collected pantheon, after all if your praying to several gods the chances of one of them looking down and bestowing a gift on you is a lot greater than if you were only praying to one of them, as time goes on its likely that the individual will chose to worship one god after another depending on his situation: that cute blonde in the next cubicle doesnt even give you the time of day, slaanesh can sort that out, did that jerk really cut you up in traffic? im sure khorne would give you the strength to........correct the situation, your crops are failing? swarms of bugs eating them? your starving and desperate? zhedun!

its possible that the traitors would rebel then start worshipping the gods as a way of gaining help, its equally likely they turn traitor because they worship chaos

Lusall
28-09-2009, 02:55
Well for starters...you keep them all in one piece. Badum, CHHH.

Terrible...just terrible. But really. The fluff says that you (Or whoever is doing said worshiping I guess?) Just worships the concept of Chaos. Spreading destruction and Chaos where ever you go. (No pun -really- intended.) By doing that, you sort of honor all the gods of Chaos. And/or you can worship each god in turn for different things. Like...before going into battle you might pray to Khorn, where as when you are about to travel the warp, you might pray to Tzeentch.

Shadesfox
28-09-2009, 03:45
So, is it kind of like ancient roman religion, a series of legalistic exhanges, as opposed to a passionate, personal relationship?
I'm starting to understand, but do followers of chaos undivided ever fight for the gods? Would a typical undivided traitor guard army rebel, then turn to chaos undivided, or do they start off worshiping the pantheon, then break out in open rebellion?

The fluff has it going both ways. Sometimes they rebel, start getting crushed by the loyalist legions of guardsmen and turn to the dark powers for help. Other times they are infiltrated then turn at inopportune times (like the 13th black crusade).

I've always seen undivided worship as more of worshiping one aspect when it is most appropriate. Like, when you eat at Taco Bell. You worship Tzeench when you pay and get the change (being sure to use odd amounts to maximize the coinage returned). you worship Khorn as you devour it as spectacularly as possible. You worship Slaanesh as you savor the melty cheese and the meat like substance. Nurgle worship comes later in the day. You know what I mean.

28-09-2009, 11:33
I'd say chaos worship is as chaotic as the gods themselves.

Also Chaos worship is for power, they give you a insignificant measure of their power so you can do things that please them. You'd have to be extremely deluded guardsman to think it would ever offer protection.

Things that please them are destroying other cults of worship (the emperor) I'd imagine. Bringing disorder. And doing things that are their core emotion; war, disease, pleasure and scheming.

Charax
28-09-2009, 11:52
Chaos Undivided works exactly the same way any other pantheistic religion works. You pray to the god most appropriate to your situation, and give blessings and offerings to them all, either individually or as a whole.

Onisuzume
28-09-2009, 12:00
Well, here's one way:
Spoiler for the kiddies.
Well, you "worship" Slaanesh with the guy/girl of your choice while decapitating a victim/fellow slaanesh worshipper. All the while saying that you'll change your ways, while having a cold/flu/etc.