PDA

View Full Version : A White Lion themed HE army. Can it work?

koran
28-09-2009, 13:06
Im looking to get into warhammer after a LONG absence (during which Ive been playing 40k so I havent been out of the scene or anything).

In the past I have done woodelves and I was considering redoing them but I wanted something a little different and a few people have told me Im going to be on a trip of pain as they are pretty underpowered compared to the new army books.

The main aim of this project is to make a nice looking force and give me some interesting basing options. Because of that Ive been looking at doing a high elf army, specifically based around white lions.

What I want to know is is this going to create an even slightly viable army.

I was thinking about including:
White Lions
Lion Chariots
Sea Guard (converted to be the younger or different type of hunters)
Mages
Maybe dragons, Im not sure....
Cavalry (but mounted on lions if I do do)

Can I justify these in the army? What about other elements? Could they make sense?

Any advice you guys can give would really be appreciated.

Thanks.

Korhil-WLC
28-09-2009, 13:49
Archers & Spearmen are still citizen levy.

Griffon's instead of dragons.

Desert Rain
28-09-2009, 14:31
You can make a viable army based on White Lions. Use archers and spears as core, seaguard aren't really worth it but if you like them go ahead! For special you have the White Lions and the Lion Chariot, maybe some Reavers or Silver Helms as cavalry. You could convert lion riders (as you suggested) and use them as dragon princes. For rare choices just take 2 of each and you'll be fine. If you like special characters you could always take Korhil and put him in a unit of spearmen, not white lions!
A couple of L.2 mages and a fighty lord, possibly on a griffon for the rest of the character slots and you'll have a nice army.

artyboy
28-09-2009, 17:32
I have a buddy who's got a high elf army that's just like that. I'm not sure exactly what he uses but I know he always runs Korhil in a unit of white lions, a unit of dragon princes on lions and 2 or 3 chariots. He also runs 2 level 2 mages, archers as core and 3 bolt throwers. It's a very effective army that's tough to beat.

Alathir
28-09-2009, 17:50
A lord on a griffon is very Chracian, I've seen one model it as a giant lion, and explaining the 'Fly' aspect of it as great leaps. Looked pretty awesome.

Condottiere
28-09-2009, 18:34
Considering the fact that you have to land after 20" anyway, not too far from the mark.