PDA

View Full Version : What Should I Do next With My Army Wood Elves

WoodElfGeneral
29-09-2009, 21:30
Hi, i am looking maybe to add another element to my Wood Elf army that will make it much better.
The models i currently have available to me are as follows:

1 Treeman
5 Wild Riders with command
8 Glade riders with command
24 Dryads
20 Glade Guard with about 5 scouts
3 Tree kin
6 waywatchers
23 eternal guard with command
2 mages
1 noble mounted on elven steed

If you have any ideas of what to add, a good army list i can make, or a good tactic i should try please mention it.

P.S. i play mostly against skaven, lizardmen and warriors of chaos

-WoodElfGeneral:)

Falkman
29-09-2009, 21:53
I think you should add some Wardancers, and also a unit of Warhawk Riders and/or a Great Eagle.
Also running Glade Riders in 8 man units with full command isn't the best of ideas.

Jericho
29-09-2009, 23:44
Alter Noble (the guy with the bow and the helmet with huge horns works) and Wardancers are the first two things I would add to the mix. A BSB to park in the Eternal Guard and/or next to the Treeman is also a huge benefit.

I'd even consider 2 units of Wardancers, about 8 strong they are pretty badass. A Wardancer Noble model wouldn't be a bad idea if you really start to like these guys (and I think you will!!).

pcgamer72
30-09-2009, 05:42
Wardaners are my favorite unit in my Wood Elf army. I liked them form the minute I opened up the book because of their rules, and I really like the models as well (the direct order ones are even nicer). They are extremely fragile of course, but they pack such a punch that most units can't withstand it. Warning though... Warriors can.

Dungeon_Lawyer
30-09-2009, 07:37
go on a rampage that sounds more fun than dancing...

Poseidal
30-09-2009, 12:36
Another vote for Wardancers!

I think they are one of the more 'iconic' Warhammer Wood Elf units (something you don't see in other IP's Wood Elves)

I often even run them with a Wardancer Lord and BSB.

Another to go for is a foot character for an Alter Noble, I agree with using the guy with the horns; you can say that's the Helm of the Hunt, and his bow is for firing the Hail of Doom Arrow! He looks pretty crazy.

PeG
30-09-2009, 16:41
Add wardancers or dragon. Wardancers are usually the best option of these two but against skaven a flying terror causing monster can be fun ;)

Orion is far from worth his points

In addition I use an alter hero in most of my games and sometimes an eagle but this is optional since units of 5 glade riders with musician can take care of most marchblocking.

warhawk95
30-09-2009, 17:08
i would agree with the WD. i would also get a lord/hero with a GW and a GE. all three of these are great units and the WD look really cool too, imo