PDA

View Full Version : 40k fluff dejavu?

Helsing
30-09-2009, 00:32
Today I was reading a copy of Codex Dark Angels (somewhat outdated except for its characters) but noticed something very personally disturbing in the background section on pg 74, the bottom paragraph under Guardians of the Covenant.

"Their banners, armour and the flanks of their vehicles are covered in spidery, hand-written and illuminated text extracted from the pages of the Codex Astartes or the Requiem Angelis.

Now I've never read the codex before, but had steadily been developing my own background for a Dark Angel Successor Chapter called the "Angels Requiem" because of a sacred text used by the Dark Angels called the Requiem Angelis.

Also, the main idea behind my background was the fictional Order, comprised of the Dark Angels and their Successors. Another little thing I found in there.

oooooh.

MADJAP77
30-09-2009, 01:48
umm, okay.

Valkyrie114
30-09-2009, 01:51
You certainly wouldn't be the first person to create/discover/explore something hundreds, thousands or even millions of other people already knew about.

ntin
30-09-2009, 02:24
Or pick a generic clichéd name that Gamesworkshop whored up with a little fake latin.

Arakanis
30-09-2009, 04:43
I think it's interesting. Positive comment troll, away!