PDA

View Full Version : Are my DE "Shades" legal?

fastcarfreak
30-09-2009, 23:10
Hey everyone,

I am putting together a Dark Elves army in which I plan to includes shades. I have no intention of putting corsairs in the army and I have a battalion which my brother gave me. Out of the battalion, I took the corsair bodies and cloak, put only the heads without helmets or masks, used the repeater crossbow arms, and cut some spears heads off and created what looks like greatswords and placed them on their backs. While the setup looks pretty good, Im curious if this would be considered a legal conversion, if I wanted to play them in an event. Thank you.

Adam

EvC
30-09-2009, 23:38
Should be ok, as long as you aint taking the mickey.

fastcarfreak
30-09-2009, 23:50
the mickey?

pringles978
30-09-2009, 23:50
just tell your opponent pre game and you should be fine. any chance of a pic?

nosferatu1001
01-10-2009, 00:18
This sounds fine - as long as it is clearly different to anything else in the army, has the right armament, and you talk through your conversions with your opponent before, and during as often as is needed - and you should be fine.

However, all is up to the TO - they may decide they don't like pink armies and ban anything from Wood Elves, and that is their prerogative. If you have any worries talking in advance is always good - it sounds reasonable to me, and others, but it might just be something the TO cannot stomach.

Izzy
01-10-2009, 22:45
I've never seen the type of conversion you're looking at be an issue for anyone. It sounds pretty cool, actually, for an army without any actual corsairs.

Dr. Acula
01-10-2009, 23:02
I wouldn't have a problem with it - my Black Knights are Bretonnian knights with skeleton helmeted heads and skeleton spear arms mounted on ghostly painted Elven Steeds.

As long as they can't be confused with anything else in the army I don't think there should be a problem.

selone
01-10-2009, 23:08
the mickey?

taking the michaeal, or less politely taking the p**s

nosferatu1001
02-10-2009, 00:02
Presumably from "mictation" which means urination.....

Very common UK English slang :)

IronBrother
02-10-2009, 00:37
I have never seen a conversion not be ok in a tournament. I've an seen an entire Bretonnian army run as an undead force. There were conversions, but I could see where the confusion would be.

Roark
02-10-2009, 07:28
Sounds awesome. I think anyone who would conceivably have a serious problem with your Shades needs an attitude adjustment.

Vermin-thing
02-10-2009, 07:57
Only way to do it. :) I'm in the current models are ugly/bad/overpriced boat.

Tokamak
02-10-2009, 12:04
Put some effort in converting them (you could probably greenstuff more clothing around their heads and shoulders) and I have no problem. Shades aren't much of an issue anyway, as they're one of the two skirmishers in the army and the other unit is winged.

moose
02-10-2009, 12:20
I've seen conversions from corsairs many times like this, easy to spot, and looks good.

Especially when in small numbers, and skirmish formation ;).

Moose

fastcarfreak
02-10-2009, 22:56
thanks guys. I definitely agree that the current shades are not the best looking minis and they are over priced. My only real justification was the fact that I don't want any corsairs in my army because I think they are rather sub-par (my opinion) compared to other options, and I wanted something to do with them. I'm probably going to convert up some characters out of them, since most of my characters have sea dragon cloaks anyway. I would have done a little extra work into the shades I made, but i found that the parts fit together quite nicely and I'm honestly not the most talented person with green stuff. In fact i suck with it.