PDA

View Full Version : Tank commanders

Gorgeo5
01-10-2009, 17:16
Hi

Well tank commanders, Do you use em? what do they do? and what kind of tank commanders for each race?

Bunnahabhain
01-10-2009, 17:34
As far as I know, there are only two tank commander in 40k codexs ( more in FW stuff as they love the guard....)

The Guard have knight commander Pask, who makes tanks better at shooting, and the marines have Sergeant Chronus, who cause arguments over which codexs he can be used in, and increases BS, and a few things.

I also have multiple tank commanders and crewmen modelled on my tanks, doing anything from looking out with binoculars, manning pintle weapons, using sniper las rifles or AA missile launchers, or climbing out with tools to fix the tank, none of whcih have any in game effect.

Gorgeo5
01-10-2009, 21:54
cool.... any idea if they would carry a standard or something or maybe the new jazzy imperial gaurd commisar tank commander as a space marine 1 as he looks cool (his hat really does it for me)

Bunnahabhain
02-10-2009, 01:11
cool.... any idea if they would carry a standard or something or maybe the new jazzy imperial gaurd commisar tank commander as a space marine 1 as he looks cool (his hat really does it for me)

You have looked at either the Guard or Marine codexs? Or an English spelling and grammar guide, perchance?

Tank can have standards, flags and banners, as your imagination sees fit-depends if it fits with your background, paint scheme etc.

The tank commanders in existence are rules only upgrades, they don't have set models.

I'm not sure what you mean by the new commissar tank commander, I've been using the FW one for two years now.

The Imperial Guard and the Marines are separate forces. They are normally on the same side, but they are separate. Having a Guard commissar in a marine tanks makes about as much sense, in modern day terms, as an air force pilot acting as a navy captain.

petesamd
02-10-2009, 01:22
I think the OP means one of the guys in here, hes not a commissar tho, just some sort of officer.
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1350001&prodId=prod40011a

Codsticker
02-10-2009, 06:41
... the marines have Sergeant Chronus, who cause arguments over which codexs he can be used in...

It would be hard to justify his point cost otherwise.;)

Damage,Inc.
02-10-2009, 09:58
A little paint sure makes those old tank commanders stick out once again eh? The old boy on the left looks like he's rocking a Purple Heart Medal, Good Conduct Medal, Army Achievement Medal, and Army Commendation Medal.