PDA

View Full Version : WoC Slaanesh 2k list

EndlessBug
02-10-2009, 14:47
Ok so my favorite Chaos god would be Slaanesh, fun fast and frolicy (cough).

I was thinking of starting a relatively cheapish 2k Slaanesh list including a Daemon Prince. All of the units must be marked Slaanesh. As a start I was considering these models as a rough guide:

Daemon Prince
Exalted Champion
Lvl 2 Sorcerer

24 Marauders
14 Warriors
5 Marauder horsemen
6 Chaos Knights
5 Warhounds
5 Warhounds

1 Hellcannon

Obviously equipment etc hasn't been decided yet but that's my plan. How would you equip/alter this setup for an optimal Slaaneshi army. I don't want to include dragons or any ridiculously cheesy setups. A War alter is a potential, some nice conversion opps there.

EvC
02-10-2009, 14:58
It's hard, but I guess I'd have to go with Daemon Prince level 3 with Tendrils and Splendour. Exalted Hero BSB with Doom Totem, Sorcerer with Puppet. Warriors with Rapturous Standard, Knights with War Banner, sorted. Very similar to an army I've used. What are you using for your Daemon Prince?

EndlessBug
02-10-2009, 15:13
The Belakor (spelling?) model is a tempting prospect for the DP model. Such a beautiful scuplt.

What does the Doom totem do by the by? fear? Looks like a good setup. No scrolls though? The Puppet is, the bearer takes a wound and causes a misscast on any failed casting attempts, is that correct? Would I not be better off going for 2 scrolls to shut down a phase instead? Bit dubious on causing wounds on my own model.

EvC
02-10-2009, 15:17
The Doom Totem makes enemies that can see it -1LD, good for combining with Hellcannon and other Slaaneshi effects. The Puppet lets you modify miscasts by D3, not cause a miscast. You might want scrolls instead though...

EndlessBug
02-10-2009, 15:48
A good terror bomb tactic then.

The puppet looks good and all but I think I'll take the old scrolls instead. 5 DD and 2 scrolls, pretty decent magical defence.

Thanks for the advice.

lcfr
02-10-2009, 16:13
The Belakor (spelling?) model is a tempting prospect for the DP model. Such a beautiful scuplt.

Belakor is a beautiful model but the problem is that, for a daemon prince, he's bite-sized! Seriously, he is a little, little guy...

I converted a daemon prince from the 40k CSM DP kit, removing the powerpack (or whatever those marines wear on their backs!) to include a pair of Galrauch wings. Plastic dragon wings or even pegasus wings would work as well; the feathered pegasus wings are fitting for a Slaaneshi DP imo. Anyways, the only parts of the 40k DP that could possibly give him away as belonging to the 40k universe is a few wires on his torso that can easily be scraped smooth and a space marine head hanging from his waist along with some other more generic skulls. Overall he's much bigger and far more powerfull looking than Belakor, plus the 40k DP is a really well done model too.

Enigmatik1
02-10-2009, 16:40
If I ever get around to actually finishing my Slaaneshi WoC army, I was considering trying to convert a Necron Nightbringer as one. I saw a conversion somewhere not too long ago where the person added feathered wings and it looked awesome. It is a little sleek for a DP, but we are talking about Slaanesh here, not Khorne. :D

Paraelix
03-10-2009, 02:20
Ok so my favorite Chaos god would be Slaanesh, fun fast and frolicy (cough).

I was thinking of starting a relatively cheapish 2k Slaanesh list including a Daemon Prince. All of the units must be marked Slaanesh. As a start I was considering these models as a rough guide:

Daemon Prince
Exalted Champion
Lvl 2 Sorcerer

24 Marauders
14 Warriors
5 Marauder horsemen
6 Chaos Knights
5 Warhounds
5 Warhounds

1 Hellcannon

Obviously equipment etc hasn't been decided yet but that's my plan. How would you equip/alter this setup for an optimal Slaaneshi army. I don't want to include dragons or any ridiculously cheesy setups. A War alter is a potential, some nice conversion opps there.

24 Marauders = good
14 Warriors = Bad. 7 is the number of Nurgle. Run 12 or 18... Now I think you see where I'm going...
6 Marauder Horse
6 Knights
6 Dogs
6 Dogs

The doom totem/splendour prince como could be quite devastating too ESPECIALLY in tandem with Hellshriek. Turn 1, fly into enemy army and panic all units within 18" at -2 Ld... Those who pass and are within 6" then suffer a Terror Test at -2Ld at the start of their turn... Bye bye orcs/empire/rats/beasts/etc You'd even be giving elves and dwarves a hard time as they'd only be running Ld7. That is hot.