Skinks Skirmishers x10

Temple Guard x14
Full Command

Salamander
Extra crew

Salamander
Extra Crew
2000pts even.

This is the list I just ran in my first ever 2000pt fantasy game. First thoughts... Miscasted on my first 2 spells... Bound spells were close to useless... Never used the diadem, 6 dispel seemed enough against 2 lv2 army... Bane head similarly so...

So taking out both bound and bane head gives me 65 pts to play with. Are cupped hands worth it? Any other thoughts? I wanna hang onto the diadem in case I take on someone else with a lvl4 wizard.

All in all though, Engine was awesome. Sallies more than paid for themselves. Skinks even held up cold one knights and a hydra.

Paraelix
05-10-2009, 08:35
Bumping cos I knida need the crit >_>

johnny2tone
05-10-2009, 09:15
woo... it's hard to critisize that list... with the items or without.
I find myself asking the same question with cupped hands.... I think if you're playing an all comers list that at 2000 pts it's cupped hands or the diadem... I like the list though, you've got the right idea. Honestly, bane head and blood statuette just scare me... maybe because it is 2000 pts you should consider a more rank and fill killing mindset with those extra points.

Teri-Hxlac
05-10-2009, 11:57
I would take cupped hands, preventing a miscast is always better in my opinion, as a bad miscast roll can cost you the game. I'm also of the rare breed that likes razordons better then salamanders, but thats up to personal choice, I just think they are more versatile in many respects then salamanders.

Paraelix
06-10-2009, 07:27
I liked Razordons more initially... Until I used Sallies. One on its own is effective, and can flee from a charge. You really need 3 Razors to do anything well.