PDA

View Full Version : is there a bretonian tactica page?

The Anarchist
04-10-2009, 17:07
just had a quick look through the tactics section, and couldnt find a bretonian tactica, have i been stupid and missed it or is there not one there?

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
04-10-2009, 17:19
Here you go:

Point your knights at things.

Charge.

Repeat.

Eternus
04-10-2009, 17:21
Most people's opinions of Bretonnian tactics is that they are so simple they don't need their own thread. A bit like a shotgun - just point and charge. It's probaby easier with Brets to just ask specific questions.

Foxbat
04-10-2009, 17:22
I would check out this Bret specific site: http://www.roundtable-bretonnia.org/

The Anarchist
04-10-2009, 18:20
fair enough i didnt realise Bretonia were considered so simple. might have to start a tactica myself then. I've always found the tactica's intresting to learn from so you know what your fighting aganst as well.
thanks for the link though foxbait. made for soem intresting reading.

ewar
04-10-2009, 19:06
Here you go:

Point your knights at things.

Charge.

Repeat.

And lose the game very very quickly against all of the new army books.

Played against an inexperienced player brets are ridiculously easy to win with. Played against an experienced player they're extremely difficult to win with. The abundance of stubborn or unbreakable troops and hard monsters means its actually a serious challenge to win with brets against dark elves, VC, DoC and lizardmen. Plus HE can be very tricky as well, depending on the kit they bring (a star dragon is nearly impossible to deal with as a brettonian).

If you think they're point and click, try taking them to a decent sized tourny.

Rolo Ramone
04-10-2009, 19:11
Bretonnia is a simple army if you are a begginer. Point and charge are too obvious for any player with more than 3 games of experience against Bretonnia, so, if your gonna play that way, expect a flank-charge-tactic against you.

Bretonnian Lord
04-10-2009, 19:36
Contrary to popular belief, Bretonnians are more than a simple point-and-click army. While that may work against beginners, charging blindly forward with your knights is a good way to lose against any half decent player.

With all the stubborn, unbreakable, souped up characters/monsters, and fear causers these days, winning with Bretonnians requires more finesse than most people give credit for.

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
04-10-2009, 20:14
Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot that Warseer is only a place for serious tactical discussion. The no joking rule is in effect.

Obviously there is a delicate balance between your knights, men-at-arms, peasant bowmen, pegasus knights, etc. Unfortunately, I don't know where the tactica (if there is one) is located.

Eternus
04-10-2009, 21:09
Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot that Warseer is only a place for serious tactical discussion. The no joking rule is in effect.

Obviously there is a delicate balance between your knights, men-at-arms, peasant bowmen, pegasus knights, etc. Unfortunately, I don't know where the tactica (if there is one) is located.

I agree with the 'Lets start one' idea then - I'll contribute my two pfennigs worth.