PDA

View Full Version : PLACE YOUR BETS - GW customer service

BattleSarge
04-10-2009, 17:38
SO I place a advance order for the Space Wolves items that were released yesterday because I always see how many people get their advance orders days before they are released. As of today, the 4th,still no delivery. :cries:

As a matter of fact that tracking order number shows that my order will be delivered on the 6th. I am sending a little e-mail to the customer service department due to the fact that their website did mislead me on my purchase.

I quote from the website

"Our Advance Order service lets you order models and products before they
are released, guaranteeing you'll get them on the day of release."

My question is what do you think thier response is going to be?

I will post what their response is when I get it.

Tooooon
04-10-2009, 17:42
Well, the best thing to do would be to gain the sympathy of the customer support to your situation, explaining that the reason you purchased directly from GW instead of a third-party retailer was because of it saying that you would receive it on release date.

They will obviously try and say to you "Oh well, we can't control the post" and maybe if there a bit more cheeky "We didn't do it due to the postal strike", which you should respond saying that if that were the case then the website should not have said that you would be getting it on release day.

Hopefully they will compensate you in some way, but just try and make sure they understand why your upset/angry. And if all else fails, hang up, call again and this time say you bought them for your Son's birthday which didn't arrive in time since it was on the 4th :D

rabblerouser
04-10-2009, 17:51
I found that their customer service is actually pretty good. When did you place the order? One time I placed an order well in advance and a week after the release date I still hadn't gotten it. Turns out UPS left it on the doorstep a week prior and I guess someone stole it

Lion El Jason
04-10-2009, 17:54
GW service is absolutely fantastic. I expect you'll be pleased with their response to any genuine grievance.

BattleSarge
04-10-2009, 17:59
I placed the order on the 18th (First day avaliable). The tracking number provided shows that my order is scheduled for delivery on the 6th.

mightymconeshot
04-10-2009, 18:01
dude same thing except i get mine tommorow. i also placed it the first day.

BattleSarge
04-10-2009, 18:05
So basically we all are going to get a big "MY Bad" from GW since this is not an isolated event.

spetswalshe
04-10-2009, 18:08
I would guess they'll apologise, and a normal buyer will leave it at that. An aggressive buyer will demand more, and probably get a few extra Space Wolf sprues. Such is the way of things, nice people will put up with bull excrement, while a self-important ponce who starts shouting at the customer service guys gets a servile apology, some free stuff and another notch to his ego.

I had the nerve to complain that a couple of figures in my Space Hulk set were bent, and got a second load of Terminators for my trouble. I did send an email thanking them, though, and managed not to use any swearwords throughout. I did rack up six Space Hulk puns in the initial email, which is probably what scored me the models.

Ph4lanx
04-10-2009, 18:13
I would guess they'll apologise, and a normal buyer will leave it at that. An aggressive buyer will demand more, and probably get a few extra Space Wolf sprues. Such is the way of things, nice people will put up with bull excrement, while a self-important ponce who starts shouting at the customer service guys gets a servile apology, some free stuff and another notch to his ego.

I had the nerve to complain that a couple of figures in my Space Hulk set were bent, and got a second load of Terminators for my trouble. I did send an email thanking them, though, and managed not to use any swearwords throughout. I did rack up six Space Hulk puns in the initial email, which is probably what scored me the models.

I have a sudden urge to read the e-mail you sent. Six puns, huh? :p

grissom2006
04-10-2009, 18:13
Well first off i have to say one where do you live as here in the UK lots of areas are still suffering from postal strikes. Two did you pay extra towards delivery if you didn't chances are it went via normal postage as in royal mail, paying extra it my be in UPS's hands if in the UK. I say this as i had my preorder delivered by them and my replacement do to a mispackage delivered by them on both occassions.

BattleSarge
04-10-2009, 18:16
I did bring up a few legal points of interest in this matter (it is amazing what you can do with you business law class) as it was guaranteed on their website and that is what prompted me to buy from them.

BattleSarge
04-10-2009, 18:19
Well first off i have to say one where do you live as here in the UK lots of areas are still suffering from postal strikes. Two did you pay extra towards delivery if you didn't chances are it went via normal postage as in royal mail, paying extra it my be in UPS's hands if in the UK. I say this as i had my preorder delivered by them and my replacement do to a mispackage delivered by them on both occassions.

I live in the US. Item was shipped using FedEx. I bought one of everthing which qualified me for free shipping. That and GW has been running free shipping on all orders over $15 for the past couple of months.

mightymconeshot
04-10-2009, 18:20
did the legal points get you anything as i may have to call/email them in that case

BattleSarge
04-10-2009, 18:30
No response yet. Probably Monday before I get a response.

Tooooon
04-10-2009, 18:32

Why do you assume that aggressive buyers are the ones who demand more? When I call customer service, I make sure I know what the problem is, as well as the way it can be fixed, and let them know of this and explain my situation to them. I make sure what I want of them to rectify the situation is fair, and if they start acting up with me on the phone, I simply hang up and try calling again.

Aggressive people on the phone usually never get what they want, since the person on the customer service will feel that they themselves don't want to help them and doesn't feel the need to put themselves out to help you, while if you act nice to them and explain to them the situation, then they will want to help you

BattleSarge
04-10-2009, 18:39
Believe me, I have had some good results with the customer service, I once ordered a bunch of BFG items and they sent me the wrong things. They sent out my correct order and let me keep the stuff they sent out by accident.

I was just wonder what they will do in a situation like this. It's a bit different than a wrong order or miscast items.

grissom2006
04-10-2009, 18:47
Well at a guess i'd hope they sent it out in good time for delivery and as such they will be having words with FedEx on this issue. But like most things i dare say they won't get far with it if your the only person it's effected. But if it's anything like how the UK's normal postal response is it be a we deliver X amount of packages and X number get theirs on time when they respond to GW. But GW's customers service is great in my experience in my own problem with the mispack. All that wqas wrong was a single sprue was missing from a box GW's response they sent out a complete new box so i now have 6 extra models for free.

They are going to have to make it clear to FedEx that the orders shipped out by them had to reach customers by such and such and get something back themselves out of them for the complaint.

LonelyPath
04-10-2009, 20:00
I pre-ordered my dex on the 18th and since there was no sign of it yesterday I gave them a call and they were very apologetic. Even more so when they tracked down my order and found it hadn't even been shipped by that point. I seem to have poor luck with GW pre-orders, I've yet to receive one on or by day of release :(

Raibaru
04-10-2009, 20:44
Now this was 10 years or more ago (or whenever the necron army box was released), so who knows what will happen now. But my brother pre-ordered a Necron Army Box for advanced delivery and it was in horrendous condition. The box was broken, none of the wraiths came with the parts to make a complete one, the a tomb spider was missing parts (one army, and 3 sets of claws), the special character was missing, and none of the stands were in the box for any of the models.

They let him keep the box, and sent him a brand new one that same day and he got it something like 2 days later.

I also had a problem when I made a mistake in ordering lightning claws for terminators back when they used to do bits orders. I mistakenly placed an order for 40 claws expecting 20 left and 20 right, but I got 40 lefts. They let me keep the 40 lefts and sent me 20 rights (perhaps they did this to sucker me into buying 20 more right,s I don't know, but it worked if that was their plan).

Now again, this was 10-15 years ago or so, but 10-15 years ago they were a stand up company. I would hope they still are today.

CraftworldsRus
04-10-2009, 20:56
I've never had an issue with GW customer service. Not long ago, I had a new staff member inform me that they had made a "new" BFG book. Well, I went and ordered it right then. Turns out, it wasn't new, or even current with the online rules. I was not happy, but figured I was SOL since it was delivered and the web site never said it was new, just this newbie red shirt. I mentioned it to the manager in passing, not as a complaint, more of a "You need to tell him the book isn't new." He says it isn't an issue, and refunds for the book with a smile.

Of course, I then went and bought a large pile of stuff that ended up costing more then the book anyways,

BattleSarge
04-10-2009, 22:40
So in just a few hours we see that at least three people have not had their order delivered on time unlike their “guarantee” states on their website. Hhhmmm

Rirekon
04-10-2009, 22:46
Having worked in customer support before (not for GW) I can tell you right now that if you go in with agro you'll get squat.
Be nice to them however and you'll probably get quite a bit - I previously ordered the Tyranid Battleforce with next day delivery and after a few days it hadn't turned up, they ended up sending me another Battleforce and when asked said I could keep the original if it ever arrived (which it did).

It is also worth bearing in mind the T&C for their service which probably mentions things like interruptions to postal services (which we have had for several weeks here in the UK).

BattleSarge
04-10-2009, 23:29
Oh believe me; I will never tear into someone from the customer service field. They have no control of how it went bad but they do have control over making things right. And like I said before, customer service has always treated me well when there was a miscast or a messed up order. This is something new and I guess we will see how they respond.

LonelyPath
05-10-2009, 00:14
To continue from my post on page 1, I have been in contact with a few people in my regular 40k group and none of them have received their SW dexes either Again, all pre-ordered well in advance. Seems to be a local thing, but there hasn't been a local postage strike since other mail has been arriving all this week.

Dasyatis
05-10-2009, 00:43
I ordered mine on the 18th. Turned up in the mail on the 22nd. Can`t complain in the least. :)

HsojVvad
05-10-2009, 01:02
I got my Space Hulk with missing pages of the Mission book. I called 3 weeks ago, and still nothing has arrived. I called again and the rep said sometime soon. I am hoping to get it soon, and hoping for something more, but not expecting it.

Edonil
05-10-2009, 01:35
This happened to me with my Dark Elf Armybook. I didn't get the book for two weeks after it came out, and got so annoyed with the fact that my LGS got it before me I bought it from him and sent it back... They were very helpful with getting me back my money, very apologetic, but that was about all they did.

Tokugawa100
05-10-2009, 02:24
Why do you assume that aggressive buyers are the ones who demand more? When I call customer service, I make sure I know what the problem is, as well as the way it can be fixed, and let them know of this and explain my situation to them. I make sure what I want of them to rectify the situation is fair, and if they start acting up with me on the phone, I simply hang up and try calling again.

Aggressive people on the phone usually never get what they want, since the person on the customer service will feel that they themselves don't want to help them and doesn't feel the need to put themselves out to help you, while if you act nice to them and explain to them the situation, then they will want to help you

I must say, I disagree.
Ive worked in retail for a number of years and all I can say is.
Aggressive customers do get more.
I work for a large retail buisness, so I dont know what its like for small buisness but the more a customer complains and refuses to leave without what they want, they will get it.
And I have seen some managers actually stand up against these people and refuse to give in, then they get in trouble fro H.Q because the aggresive customer takes it to them.
I dont know if its the same situation with GW but with our store and no matter how much I hate to say it, thats how it goes down.

P.S. Dont be aggresive customers, it makes you look like a ridiculous git and you ruin our days.
If we cant do something because of our policy, or you dont have a receipt.
DEAL WITH IT.
We cant be changing everything for you just because you dont like it, alot of the policies are to prevent thievery, shop lifting and confusion.

grissom2006
05-10-2009, 07:41
To continue from my post on page 1, I have been in contact with a few people in my regular 40k group and none of them have received their SW dexes either Again, all pre-ordered well in advance. Seems to be a local thing, but there hasn't been a local postage strike since other mail has been arriving all this week.

May not of been local but how many sorting offices can a item go through in the UK it can be a fair number. I check the state of play on my orders once i place one and note when it changes from processing to dispatched. If i haven't got it after 2 day's i'd be calling them up and asking whats going on as i've paid for the express delivery.

Vermin-thing
05-10-2009, 08:07
Don't even get me started on bitz orders. I ordered some rather expensive metal items, and was told it would take 2 -3 weeks, It's almost week four, and still nothing. :( When I asked the guy who did my order if I would be able to check it's status, he simply said: (and I quote) "How could there be anything wrong, seeing as I was who did it". :mad: I find this to be extremely arrogant, and frankly poor customer service.

When the vile rat-men hit the shelves in November I will be bulk ordering from maelstrom games simply because of this problem, not to mention free shipping, insured delivery, and the discounts.

LonelyPath
05-10-2009, 20:04
May not of been local but how many sorting offices can a item go through in the UK it can be a fair number. I check the state of play on my orders once i place one and note when it changes from processing to dispatched. If i haven't got it after 2 day's i'd be calling them up and asking whats going on as i've paid for the express delivery.

I called up on saturday and it'd not even been shipped, but it arrived this morning with a little bonus. By way of apology GW threw in a free Lukas the Trickster blister. I'm very happy with that outcome.

mightymconeshot
05-10-2009, 20:37
so sarge any luck?

grissom2006
05-10-2009, 20:44
I called up on saturday and it'd not even been shipped, but it arrived this morning with a little bonus. By way of apology GW threw in a free Lukas the Trickster blister. I'm very happy with that outcome.

Glad you got a result there like i said in my post once i place a order i keep a eye on it to know what stage it is at. Once that Dispatched comes up against it on my GW page i expect it in 2 days if not i'd be on the phone to GW.

BattleSarge
06-10-2009, 01:41
No response yet from GW. i am going to call tomorrow.

BattleSarge
06-10-2009, 20:18
AND WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!!!!

So I have gone without a response from GW for three days on the E-mail. So I called Customer Service and I was very polite.

Drum roll please........

"FedEX should have had it there by the delivery date", Congrats to all the winners.

Not even a sorry it didn't make it there on time.

Then to add insult to injury, FedEx said that my address was wrong and sent it back to the warehouse for attmepted delivery on anothe day.:wtf:

So lesson learned that it is better to buy things of E-bay because you won't get them on time like promised by GW and you will get it cheaper!

Ravenous
06-10-2009, 20:33
This happened to a friend of mine during planet strike, he went to the GW website and ordered more then $1000 CAN of stuff and didnt recieve any of it until 3 weeks later and it was only $300 of it. From what he gathered the GW stores are first to be stocked, then indies, then pre orders. So you get whatever is left over.

The moral of the story is dont pre order anything from GW.

Grimstonefire
06-10-2009, 20:36
Then to add insult to injury, FedEx said that my address was wrong and sent it back to the warehouse for attmepted delivery on anothe day.:wtf:

Did FedEx write to tell you they had the wrong address? ;) That's happened to me before (not with FedEx)!

Rirekon
06-10-2009, 20:46
AND WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!!!!

So I have gone without a response from GW for three days on the E-mail. So I called Customer Service and I was very polite.

Drum roll please........

"FedEX should have had it there by the delivery date", Congrats to all the winners.

Not even a sorry it didn't make it there on time.

So lesson learned that it is better to buy things of E-bay because you won't get them on time like promised by GW and you will get it cheaper!

Wait, you're blaming GW because FedEx have screwed up? :wtf:
What are you expecting GW to do, seriously. Yes an apology would have been good (honestly surprised you didn't get one) however taking your business elsewhere who may have to use the same delivery agent is a bit over the top no?

Ah well, you're call - glad you've solved the mystery either way :)

Wintertooth
06-10-2009, 20:55
What did you want them to apologize for? You entering your address incorrectly or FedEx not being able to find it? Those appear to be the two possibilities for you not getting your stuff on time.

grissom2006
06-10-2009, 21:02
You want a GW member of staff to go out with every FedEx truck to make sure it gets there. They can't have 100% control over something that is carried out by a 3rd party.

BattleSarge
07-10-2009, 00:01
Quick Recap...

This poll was started due to the fact that GW guaranteed that if I advance ordered I will receive my order on or before the day of release, which was the 3rd. Today is the 6th and I still have not received my advance order that was guaranteed to be delivered on the 3rd. My question is what would be the response from GW. Their response was to blame the delivery company. Now with that being said, it is ironic that the Fedex couldn’t find my home and delayed my order for one more day, which I cannot blame GW for. It’s just ironic.

Just to clarify; when GW shipped it, it automatically came up with a projected delivery date of the 6th so they didn't take into account ship time when they shipped it. Please realize that this was all in good humor and not in anger.

grissom2006
07-10-2009, 07:39
That last part very much depends on when it got shipped out by GW though doesn't it. If it left them with 2 or more days in which to arrive then FedEx messed up. After all they own their own fleet of planes not like they wait on other means to get parcels from state to state.

5Pointer
07-10-2009, 20:37
They can't have 100% control over something that is carried out by a 3rd party.

Tell that to the ebay stores...

grissom2006
07-10-2009, 20:46
Tell that to the ebay stores...

You mean the EBAY Stores that cost me a fortune in goods not recieved and i got told i must of recieved them when i hadn't and resulted in legal actions being taken.

LonelyPath
07-10-2009, 22:49
Glad you got a result there like i said in my post once i place a order i keep a eye on it to know what stage it is at. Once that Dispatched comes up against it on my GW page i expect it in 2 days if not i'd be on the phone to GW.

I tend to keep watch on alot of my mail in general these days when I can track them, I've had a number of orders marked "no longer at this address" and returned to sender, even though I've not moved in 22 years. Always managed to get stuff after with some companies throwing in recorded delivery for free to help keep track of things.

Ravenous
08-10-2009, 15:10
I tend to keep watch on alot of my mail in general these days when I can track them, I've had a number of orders marked "no longer at this address" and returned to sender, even though I've not moved in 22 years. Always managed to get stuff after with some companies throwing in recorded delivery for free to help keep track of things.

UPS is notorious for that.

I run my own business out of my house, and the doorbell is directly wired to my workshop and every time with UPS I'll go and check my mail in the afternoon and I have one of those UPS stickers on my door saying "customer not home". I think they just rush their route so they can go home early but they have timers in those little pads of theirs.

Ive had to leave them notes saying "Im in the studio ring doorbell", and even then sometimes it doesnt work and I have to drive 30minutes to the UPS place to pick it up.

And there is no sense complaining unless you want all your stuff to be "ace ventura'd" in the future.

Templar Ben
12-10-2009, 01:19
I run my own business out of my house, and the doorbell is directly wired to my workshop and every time with UPS I'll go and check my mail in the afternoon and I have one of those UPS stickers on my door saying "customer not home". I think they just rush their route so they can go home early but they have timers in those little pads of theirs.

No so much rushing to go home early but rushing to not have unapproved overtime. The routes are designed to take a specific time and any delay due to traffic, construction, etc. is made up for by "stop and drop's".

spaint2k
12-10-2009, 11:05
No so much rushing to go home early but rushing to not have unapproved overtime. The routes are designed to take a specific time and any delay due to traffic, construction, etc. is made up for by "stop and drop's".

It's still not acceptable though, is it. I mean, these companies charge a premium for their service, a service that sometimes they don't even TRY to provide.

The original poster should have politely told the GW people that he was GUARANTEED to have the stuff by the release date, and if FedEx are incapable of reading a map then GW should take the matter up with them on his behalf. FedEx isn't going to care about an individual complaining over lousy "service", but they might take a complaint from a company more seriously.

blongbling
12-10-2009, 15:53
. From what he gathered the GW stores are first to be stocked, then indies, then pre orders. So you get whatever is left over.

Not actually correct. All the different sales companies and departments put in their forecasts about 6-9 months before a product launch. This is then modelled against similar product launches and actual sales data to achieve a number that manufacturing will then make.

The various departments are then informed how many they have and they are free then to sell them. The mistakes occur because of incorrect stock counts, misallocation of stock in orders or stock movement between departments and sales companies.

Then it comes down to the departments being sensible and not overselling their allocation, when they do that it means it has to come from someones else allocations causing them to have a shortfall.