PDA

View Full Version : smug purchase at Derby Uni

tu33y
05-10-2009, 16:04
i was very pleased with myself yesterday...i went to the big Wargames thing at Derby uni and bought.....wait for it..... two of the old school armour accessories sprues! the propper mid nineties stylee! with the huge boxed HK missile and the other cool stuff. and i paid 2.50 for them, in MINT condition.

colour me very happy.

AndrewGPaul
05-10-2009, 16:06
With the big spiky dozer blade and the pintle storm bolter? I must have half a dozen of those lurking in the bits box somewhere. :)

Lord Damocles
05-10-2009, 16:11
Glue all the bits onto a single Rhino.

You know you want to. We've all done it :D

AndrewGPaul
05-10-2009, 16:14
That's what, a searchlight, a pintle-mounted storm bolter, smoke launchers, a dozer blade and a hunter-killer missile? All on one Rhino? :)

Latro_
05-10-2009, 16:18
With the big spiky dozer blade and the pintle storm bolter? I must have half a dozen of those lurking in the bits box somewhere. :)

haha yea snap, I think i have about 10 of those sprue's under my desk.

think i also have a load of the old CC sprues too, with the power axe, sword, fist etc :P

Red Beard
05-10-2009, 16:50
haha yea snap, I think i have about 10 of those sprue's under my desk.

think i also have a load of the old CC sprues too, with the power axe, sword, fist etc :P

That must be nice. I have been trying to get my hands on about 4 of those old boxed style HK missiles for about 5 years. :(

tu33y
06-10-2009, 08:24
That must be nice. I have been trying to get my hands on about 4 of those old boxed style HK missiles for about 5 years. :(

well get yourself to derby uni lad, last weekend. they had stacks there! you can travel through time and space can't you?

im planning a realy 'character' chimera for my super heroic senior officer so i really want some rare but official bitz on it. the spikey plough and the box HK missile will be very nice. not so happy about the lamp.... its a bit 'meh'

Emperors Teeth
06-10-2009, 11:51
I stuck a dozer blade, storm bolter, hunter killer, searchlight and heavy flamer (1 sponson!) onto a Leman Russ when they were originally released in the 90's.

I still have it though it's had most of that crap removed and been restored to a decent quality now lol.

Back in the day it was an ally in my 2nd ed Blood Angels army. Oh yes.

Wicksy
06-10-2009, 13:20
I stuck a dozer blade, storm bolter, hunter killer, searchlight and heavy flamer (1 sponson!) onto a Leman Russ when they were originally released in the 90's.

I still have it though it's had most of that crap removed and been restored to a decent quality now lol.

Back in the day it was an ally in my 2nd ed Blood Angels army. Oh yes.

eheheheheehehehe i used to use a leman russ as an ally when i played BA in 2nd ed. It was always hilarious when i got a nice preliminary bombardement on the go :D

sigur
06-10-2009, 15:54
How did you do that? Preliminary Bombardment was an IG-specific special rule if my memory serves correctly.