PDA

View Full Version : another space wolf thread regarding weaponry

Calith
05-10-2009, 16:55
Hi I dont know if this is the right place for this post so if not can a kind mod please move it.

I've just started collecting my first army for 40K in over 15 years and its space wolf, I'm not planning to play with this army but at some point I might so when I'm putting all my units together I'd like to have optimal weaponry so I was wondering if some helpful warseer's could advised me what the best weapons are to equip on all my units?

Wolf guard - should they all be terminators and if so have the same weapons or should I model them with different variations?

Grey hunters - 7 bolt guns, 2 plasma and the wolf guard with power fist?

blood claws - 13 bolt pistols + chainswords, 2 plasma, and wolf guard with claws?

scouts - 2 bolt pistols, 2 plasma pistols and leader with bolt pistol?

Dreadnaught - no idea?

any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Narf
05-10-2009, 17:22
The Wg can be anything you want, prob a good mix of TDa and PA

The GH need to have 10 men for 2 plasma guns, unless you ment 1 plasma gun, 1 plasma pistol (but since your not buying rhino's atm 10 men and WG would be fine) The WG with them should have the PF, and maybe a combi weapon, but one GH should have a PW. (personally i'd ignore plasma guns and pistols and go with flamers and melta gun, as any option with flamer as first weapon gives you both weapons for free)

BC's these guys would always be on the move, and close to the enemy, i'd say give them flamers only as they have poor BS, also a power fist hidden in them, and a WG witha PF (hidden again) and a combi melta

scouts, melta gun, 1 plasma, 1 power sword, WG with combi weapon and prob PF (again)

Dreadnought, stick as the basic one

at the end of the day its entirley down to your what you want in the army and the theme of it, but plasma guns aint that great for wolves as you should always be moving, so flamers or melta's work better. Also anything with high attacks that can be hidden in a unit should have a PF (WG, and BC's) whilst every unit should try and have a PW normally.

Do what you want with the army, you may need a HQ though, i'd say a wolf priest to lead the BC's, and then mount them in a crusader.

Long fangs would be a good future buy for the army aswell

Calith
05-10-2009, 17:48
cheers for the reply, I've actually got 15 devestators, 2 rhinos, a land raider crusader/redeemer, 80 grey hunters/blood claws, 15 termies, 5 scouts, 5 assault and 3 canis wolfborn. so I've got most of an army already.

on the subject what is better a crusader or redeemer? and what should I equip longfangs with I heard 2 heavy bolter and 2 lascannons were good?

shin'keiro
05-10-2009, 18:46
on the subject what is better a crusader or redeemer? and what should I equip longfangs with I heard 2 heavy bolter and 2 lascannons were good?

The above is personal preference.. all depending on how you play

LKHERO
05-10-2009, 18:52
Wolf guard - should they all be terminators and if so have the same weapons or should I model them with different variations?

These guys are flexible enough that you can give them whatever you want. They function the same way as other Vets. Give them a Fist for squad protection.

I tend to run mine with cbM + Power Fist and stick them in Grey Hunters because they need all the anti-tank they can afford w/o 10 models.

Narf
05-10-2009, 20:32
depends what you want the land raider to do? if you can find magnets and are any good with them then you can probably have both styles of raider.

though it has to be noted that 14 BC's witha fist, with a WG with a fist with a wolf priest charging out of a crusader can really hurt ;) but the same can be done with 10 GH, a WG and a WP.

If you bought the new packs of devastators then a) your gonna have about 24 heavy weapons to choose from, and b) your gonna want to mix some of the 80 GH's/BC's you have floating about

looks like you have a good army there overall, and should mean that you can get a little of everything in your army, afterall you want everything to be different (since vanilla's cookie cut)just go mad and put them together however you want, its your army