PDA

View Full Version : Lizardmen wave 2?

Necros
05-10-2009, 19:32
I searched around, didn't find any info.. just wondering if there were ever any rumors or is GW planning to do a "wave 2" for lizardmen? I'd like to see some new salamanders that don't look dumb, maybe a skink command for blocks of em :)

so was a 2nd wave of new models ever talked about? or a new fantasy special campaign book thingy that might have new units included for a whole bunch of other armies too?

Pavic
05-10-2009, 19:35
There has never been any mention of a wave 2 for Lizardmen and to be honest, it would be highly unlikely. Lizardmen simply are not as popular as some of the other fantasy armies. Lizardmen may get lucky and see something in the summer campaign release if that turns out to be true, but I doubt we will even see this.

Ultimate Life Form
05-10-2009, 19:36
Never heard of such things and to be honest we already got a lot of new models despite few of them being in need of an update. Still, one should never give up hope.

MarshalFaust
05-10-2009, 19:42
i'm having a hard time with what they would update exactly, we already have a pretty good number of plastic or new metal models. new cold one riders or even a recut saurus box maybe but the current ones are pretty good as is.

Ultimate Life Form
05-10-2009, 19:47
Well, there seems to be a general consensus that the Cold Ones are the worst models in the range and when I compare them to the awezum DE Cold Ones I cannot help but agree; I'm jealous. The Chameleons could do with a little spicing up and the Skink Priest also looks a bit boring. Compared to what metal characters we got for Vampires and, soon, Skaven, those just don't cut it anymore.

Cambion Daystar
05-10-2009, 20:25
What is wrong with the current cold ones?

Pavic
05-10-2009, 20:30
What is wrong with the current cold ones?

You have seen the new DE cold ones, right? :confused:

Cambion Daystar
05-10-2009, 20:46
They're not that bad...

EvC
05-10-2009, 20:57
There aren't dedicated second waves for fantasy any more, but there might be occasional new releases at some point. But none are rumoured. New Cold One Cavalry are especially unlikely, as they received new metal models around 5 years ago, and new plastic models about 2/3 years ago.

Grimstonefire
05-10-2009, 20:59
Compared to some armies I think LM can wait at least 2 years for models. High Elves, WoC and daemons are the ones more likely to get them first IMO. Only one I know of is dark elves, I can't remember the date, but it's early next year I think.

Thr rumoured things in the summer campaign thread could collectively make a wave for a few armies.

StarFyreXXX
05-10-2009, 21:14
let's see..

* IMHO, the worst models of ANY WH range...the cold ones.....and yes, they ARE that bad.
* mazdamundi, tetto'eko, gor-rok, oxayotl
* ranked skink conversion kit

Sanjay

Malorian
05-10-2009, 21:15
The cold ones really that bad... it's just those stupid hands... god what were they thinking...

Grimstonefire
05-10-2009, 22:00
At least they're plastic! Give me multipose hammerers and ironbreakers anyday over a rerelease of cold one riders. I think hammerers would be up there competing for worst models (along with yhetees, gorgers and butchers)...

AFnord
05-10-2009, 22:10
There are some far worse models than the current cold ones. While i'm not a huge fan of them, the are not nearly as bad as these fellows:
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1300359&prodId=prod800878

TheDean04
05-10-2009, 22:29
The warhawk riders are not even on the same level of bad that the LM cold ones are. The LM cold ones are in the top 5 of models that need a redo.

MarshalFaust
05-10-2009, 22:33
ill agree that the dark elf cold ones have much better detail and are better sculpts all around but i don't really hate the current ones we have now as much as i thought i would.

Tokamak
05-10-2009, 22:34
I prefer the pre-Lustria cold ones by far. That champion's cold one was just excellent.

Sirroelivan
05-10-2009, 22:55
I prefer the current LM cold ones over the Dark Elf ones, or at least in the context of the Lizardmen army, they fit in more then the Dark Elf ones would.

StarFyreXXX
05-10-2009, 23:47
I just sold all my cold ones cause i hate them that much..either redo the sculpts or i will never use them ever again...

Sanjay

Vermin-thing
06-10-2009, 04:10
The only "second wave" model was the Saurus battle standard bearer.

someone2040
06-10-2009, 04:18
Yeah, to be honest I'm fine with Lizardmen not getting any more models for a while. It would be awesome to have a new Saurus Scar-Veteran model or something, but I think we can make do as is.

Basically, the fact they released new metal Kroxigors, Terradons and Razordons pretty much killed a plastic box set anytime soon. Any of those (Razordons doubling with Salamanders would be a very easy box I reckon) could've made a good plastic set for 2nd wave, but with new metal models it's unlikely to happen.

But yeah, it's just we don't need it. Not missing any models apart from special characters. Sculpts are generally decent with a few hiccups around (And varying oppinions on the Cold Ones).

So yeah, don't see it happening. I would say Lizards probably aren't hugely popular with sculpters (Or at the very least, sculpters are probably happier sculpting other things before Lizards), and there's just not much of a need for it compared to other races. Then again, Empire are on what, they're 3rd wave or something now? They probably didn't need the last wave but got it anyway.

Ultimate Life Form
06-10-2009, 04:31
I don't mind the Cold Ones as such. It's not the style itself. However I put one next to a DE Cold One for comparison purposes and it was like a slap in the face. The DE Cold One has far more detail. It looks savage, mean, and, in fact, 'cold'. The LM Cold One on the other hand looked awfully bland, goofy and comicy. The worst part is definitely the crippled stump it calls a tail. I won't sell my Cold Ones, but I won't be unhappy if they release new ones, either.

Yeah, with Empire, they take the freedom to dish out one unneeded plastic kit after another for prices no one can ever afford, while Orcs get a new collector's item every week. That is not bad, in fact I like it. What IS bad is that the other armies get no attention at all and are apparently abandoned. The ones most in need of some love right now are the poor Beastmen; it seems almost like GW wants to deny they ever existed. Hopefully, with the update expected in spring, they will re-enter the Warhammer stage with a mighty battle roar and awesome new sculpts to boot.

Onisuzume
06-10-2009, 14:26
I'd really hope for yet another resculpt of the cold ones, yeah...
Rest is pretty much fine imo.

Mabybe a re-do of the Skink/Saurus plastic sets with more bits thrown in wouldn't hurt too much either. Or heck, a plastic skink/saurus character box... Everyone seems to be getting those anyway, so why not us?

Onidan
06-10-2009, 14:57
Mabybe a re-do of the Skink/Saurus plastic sets with more bits thrown in wouldn't hurt too much either. Or heck, a plastic skink/saurus character box... Everyone seems to be getting those anyway, so why not us?

Everyone being HE, Empire and O&G if Iīm not mistaken.

All of them being rather early 7th Edition books, so if the character boxes would have been here to stay, other more recent armies would have got them allready. But alas, sadly thatīs not the case.

gorenut
06-10-2009, 17:50
Other than being plastic.. there's very little redeemable about the LM Cold Ones. The hands, the face, how it looks like it'd be impossible for the Cold One to even stand up/balance the way it does with its awkward weight distribution (let alone with a Saurus on it's back)... I guess it does come with some very nice bits. I just converted my own.

But yea.. as far as the Lizardmen getting a second wave or update.. for the most part.. the models are fine and really up to personal opinion.

StarFyre
06-10-2009, 18:03
Remember, we have special characters that need models...

but i'm putting my hopes for 8E in another 6-7 years...

My guesses:

Plastic carnosaur (with plastic oldblood option) kit
Plastic Slann mage
New saurus set
new cold one riders
New skink set (with rank/file options+ chameleon options + blowpiper options)

Regards,

Sanjay