PDA

View Full Version : GW(Canada) Online Store - Next Day delivery doesn't mean next day?

IG_Airborne_Ranger
05-10-2009, 22:32
I ordered an ork battlewagon from the Canadian Online store and it says on the website that there is supposed to be next day delivery for Canadian residents. It's been almost a week and I still have not seen my order delivered to my home. The order's status is "dispatched", and it is stated that the items "usually ships within 24 hours". So does "next day" delivery just mean that the order is processed within 24 hours but not necessarly arriving within 24 hours?

venus_redscar
05-10-2009, 22:47
Did you page extra for overnight? Or did you use standard shipping?

IG_Airborne_Ranger
05-10-2009, 22:53
Standard with the free shipping for orders over $20 deal. It still said "Usually ships within 24 hours" under the product description.

canucklhead
06-10-2009, 00:23
They've qualified that with 'usually'. I'm in Montreal, so I 'usually' get overnight. But if you're out in Prince George, or Fort MacMurray, then you have to accept that delivery slows down considerably once you exit a major pop center.

Bael
06-10-2009, 00:40
'Usually ships within 24 hours' means that it will ship out from the GW warehouse within 24 hours, not arrive in 24 hours!

GW now ships to Canada via UPS by the way.

Zujara
06-10-2009, 00:55
Standard shipping takes about a week to two weeks to reach me out in BC. Not sure where you live, but you should get your stuff soon!

IG_Airborne_Ranger
06-10-2009, 01:30
I live near Toronto. You gotta admit, they certainly do make it sound like you're going to get your order within 24 hours.

IG_Airborne_Ranger
06-10-2009, 01:44
Also, slightly OT, but does anyone have any idea why I can't order Superglue in the Canadian Online store? For some reason there's no price on it, and because of that I can't add it to my shopping cart.

DDogwood
06-10-2009, 02:35
"Ships within 24 hours" is standard online store parlance for "We will put it in the mail tomorrow". It's a bit misleading, but everyone does it, so it's not just GW being annoying.

Daicon
06-10-2009, 03:59
I live in Brampton. When I don't pay the extra $20 for express shipping it normally takes about a week for my package to reach me. Pay the extra cash and I get it the next morning before noon.

Not sure about your super glue problem, every time I've ordered it I've had no trouble. Only problem is some regulation doesn't allow them to ship glue express, so I always have to wait the extra time.

IG_Airborne_Ranger
06-10-2009, 04:37
I live in Brampton. When I don't pay the extra $20 for express shipping it normally takes about a week for my package to reach me. Pay the extra cash and I get it the next morning before noon.

Not sure about your super glue problem, every time I've ordered it I've had no trouble. Only problem is some regulation doesn't allow them to ship glue express, so I always have to wait the extra time.

Look at the Canadian website again, there is no price on the superglue. The plastic glue however has a price, and that can be ordered.

starlight
06-10-2009, 04:44
Superglue is an issue because of shipping hazardous materials and possibly (so some say) liability of shipping to kids who will misuse it... :( Buy it from the hardware store for 1/4-1/2 the price. :)

blongbling
06-10-2009, 10:29
UPS dont like shipping hazardous goods as they dont have a licence for it

canucklhead
06-10-2009, 21:58
Seriously, never order superglue. Pop into dollarama and get a pack with four tubes for a buck.

SharpSilver
06-10-2009, 22:21
There should be plenty of places for you to get your Superglue locally. Usually at-least 50% cheaper than the GW Superglue. For example, here in the UK you can get two tubes of Revell Contacta Professional for 5 each containing 25g of the stuff and comes with a longer nozel which allows much more accurate application of the glue into smaller areas.. or generally anywhere.

Kulgur
07-10-2009, 23:56
GW super glue has all the sticking power of spit, get some better stuff down the local DIY store for about half the cost