PDA

View Full Version : The most fun game you ever had?

Tokugawa100
06-10-2009, 11:27
What was the most fun game you ever played.

Mine personally was a kill team mission.

I used a kill team of slaves I built from Crypt ghouls and Flaggelants combined.
Their mission was to avoid being spotted by the Dark Eldar brute squad and make it off the board alive.
Which proved very fun and difficult as there were alot of Dark Eldar.
We gave certain things special rules such as.

Laughing Collar: Stolen from Batman Arkham, if certain slave models were killed, they were wearing collars which cackle when the wearer dies alerting the Eldar.

Stragglers: Some of the more deformed models were given a Straglers rule which meant they didnt move 6, they moved dice 6 to show they were injured.
Some of the poor buggers didnt get off the streets in time to avoid patrols.

With lots of special things we did and lots of quirky rules it was an intense game filled with laughs.

Goat of Yuggoth
06-10-2009, 11:56
It was the first game of 40k I ever played, actually.

I had a small army of 'Nids back when the codex was *just released: 6stealers, some 20 gaunts, a Zoanthrope and three Warriors. Some 400-500 pts. My pal had Eldar: a Farseer with some Warlocks, a squad of CC eldar and a vyper..

The game went badly forthe first turns for me and I began to get frustrated when the tide suddenly turned: the remaining 4 genestealers murdered the Farseer w/ retinue while the gaunts all assaulted a squad of eldar (they looked like piranhas on a frenzy) and lastly came the sudden highlight of the game: the Zoan blasted at the vyper, hitting with a 6. Then came armor peretration. Also a 6. And then my friend said "You need a 6 to blow it the hell up" and I was more than happy to do so, much to his astonishment :D

Then we agreed on the game being just for laughs and decided it to be a tie. Much has changed, but that battle is what made me continue 40k.

Tokugawa100
07-10-2009, 04:45
Come on people surely moe of you have a favorite game.

Imperius
07-10-2009, 05:01
Mine has to be Imperial Guard versus... Imperial Guard!

It really felt like a grinding battle with frequent, but brief, highlights of bloodshed.

ntin
07-10-2009, 05:07
My Emperor’s Children versus Death Guard in a tournament. Both of our forces were very fluffy which was bonus. The game came down to 10 victory points it was a blood path.

Bunnahabhain
07-10-2009, 06:23
Errr, something rather hazy involving Holly, Lucie, alcohol, and a lack of common sense....

Limiting it to wargames, either:
1) a big Guard Vs Guard battle on a huge, really good looking table, 2 fully painted armies, and all players knowing what they're doing.
or 2) a 6 player WW2 game. German parachute troops, against dug in British infantry, during the invasion of Crete. Again, fully painted armies, big, nice tables, and everyone knowing the rules.

CrownAxe
07-10-2009, 06:24
Daemon vs the new IG that were themed pokemon

Hicks
07-10-2009, 08:24
It was a multiplayer game, me as Steel Legion and my friend's Orks versus Witch Hunters and Dark Eldars. During that game, I swear none of my dozen missile launcher hit with krak ammo. My Orky pal on the other hand was landing godly shots despite the BS2.

Things weren't so nice though, St-Celestine made every fudging +2 invulnerable saves (and there were a LOT) until turn 5 and thanks to hit and run and her flammer she was killing huge amount of our troups left and right.

Things were looking very bad for us until the very end of turn 5. The DE lord on bike charged a squad of lowly guardsmen. He killed 2 and then proceeded to get beaten senseless by the angry Armageddon warriors.

My guards who had been useless at shooting then managed to survive the charge from 2 units of Wyches and St-Celestine. When I say survive I mean they poked them with bayonettes until all the Wytches were dead and Celestine was on her last wound. Then when it was my turn I sent my commander and his commissar buddy to save the Orks from Celestine (because while the Ork horde was shooting better than an army of Vindicares, they were terrible in CC).

So in the final epic battle, my 2 guys power up their power swords, the WH player finally ran out of Faith points and I announce the charge. Celestine manages to kill the commissar and downs my commander to his last wound... so he spits blood, curse at the death angel, murmures a final prayer to the God Emperor, leaps over the corpse of his fallen comrades and cleaves that triced damned nun in 2.

After being useless for almost 5 turns, the guardsmen of Armageddon show their true nature, their roots as hive gangers making them particularly vicious up close. Victory for the Imperium (and the fungy)!

That was a very weird game with the Orks being useless in CC, but lethal at shooting, while my own army wasn't able to hit the broadside of a barn, yet they fought like angry samurais.

Nothing went as planned, I tought we would loose for most of the game, but damn I was happy at the end.

Hypaspist
07-10-2009, 08:45
Daemon vs the new IG that were themed pokemon
...Head Explodes.

I think my favourite game has to be a toss up between two games. One was at a tournament where my Ravenwing were bested by the Blood Brothers (Space Marines) great game, fun opponent, and despiute a complete shoeing the game was really enjoyable.

the other one was probably the 4,500 non apoc game The Dark Angels had against the Biel Tan. I took Ravenwing and Deathwing and it worked *seamlessly* Didn't have it all my own way though as a squad of Banshees spent all game bouncing between my terminator squads chopping the living bejeesus out of them. (15 terminators fell before they were finally downed!)

Petay1985
07-10-2009, 10:50
Blood Angels convoy (mine) being ambushed by Tyranids, approx 2000-2500pts. Everything of mine got butchered in the first 2-3 turns, with the exception of my terminator librarian and termiantors which held fast against the horde, eventually slaughtering the last tyranid at the end of turn 9 with on 3 models remaining!! great fun!! :)

LonelyPath
07-10-2009, 11:36
Mine was a game of Daeonhunters (mine) against Daemons. it was a close fought battle with heavy casualties on both sides with it eventually slipping slightly in my favour with the death of my opponents bloodthirster and then back in his by taking out both of my dreadnoughts. At the end of the game I managed to win by snatching some objectives that we'd been fighting over, but it was close, half a dozen models at most left on each side and each objective was half an inch to a inch of being contested for a draw.