PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Lizardman Rough Draft - Comments Welcome

Aflo
06-10-2009, 18:20
Hi there. Just wanted to get some initial feedback on this lizard list that I think would be fun to play. I don't yet have the lizard book but I've got some rough values of units from a friend and I'm fairly sure it all fits:

Saurus Oldblood
Carnosaur
Various items

Saurus Scar Veteran
Cold One
Various items/BSB

Skink Priest (level 2)
Diadem
Dispell scroll

2 x 10 Skink Skirmishers (blowpipes)

2 x 10 Saurus Warriors (spears and shield)

3 Kroxigor (they can still form independant units right?)

2 x 3 Terradons

6 Saurus Cavalry
Muso/SB
Huanchi Banner

1 Ancient Stegadon

1 Salamnder

What do people think? Competative? Cheesy? Would be great to hear some thoughts/advice on item combos.

Jind_Singh
06-10-2009, 18:29
Hi there. Just wanted to get some initial feedback on this lizard list that I think would be fun to play. I don't yet have the lizard book but I've got some rough values of units from a friend and I'm fairly sure it all fits:

Saurus Oldblood
Carnosaur
Various items

Saurus Scar Veteran
Cold One
Various items/BSB

Skink Priest (level 2)
Diadem
Dispell scroll

2 x 10 Skink Skirmishers (blowpipes)

2 x 10 Saurus Warriors (spears and shield)
why take 2 useless units - merge them into 1 decent sized combat unit instead
3 Kroxigor (they can still form independant units right?)

2 x 3 Terradons

6 Saurus Cavalry
Muso/SB
Huanchi Banner

1 Ancient Stegadon

1 Salamnder

What do people think? Competative? Cheesy?neither Would be great to hear some thoughts/advice on item combos.

mm, nothing really - you lack magic offensive or defence, true you got 3 gribbly monstors in there but static combat should see most units beat you - you need to cause 6 kills to beat a unit in combat (3 for ranks, 1 for std, 1 for outnumber, and then they have musician for draws so you need extra kill). Even a bloodthrister is hard pressed to win a combat on his own!
warmachines wil have a field day looting your big targets, and then the actual army is too feeble to break combats - so for sure take a brick of at least 25 sarus with full command, give them spears (ouch) and that will grant you more options.
asnd you have so many hurty units with the monstors you might as well drop the expensive kroxigor for more core troops!

Aflo
07-10-2009, 13:54
mm, nothing really - you lack magic offensive or defence, true you got 3 gribbly monstors in there but static combat should see most units beat you - you need to cause 6 kills to beat a unit in combat (3 for ranks, 1 for std, 1 for outnumber, and then they have musician for draws so you need extra kill). Even a bloodthrister is hard pressed to win a combat on his own!
warmachines wil have a field day looting your big targets, and then the actual army is too feeble to break combats - so for sure take a brick of at least 25 sarus with full command, give them spears (ouch) and that will grant you more options.
asnd you have so many hurty units with the monstors you might as well drop the expensive kroxigor for more core troops!

Sure, that makes sense. I think I was originally going for an MSU type build, hence the small units of saurus - do you not think a big block of saurus would just get avoided? Yeh the magic defense does seem like a bit of an issue - perhaps swapping out the ancient steg for an EotG with the skink priest on top? I have heard that the krox were a bit of a dud unit in the latest edition and was going to take them more for modelling opportunities than effectiveness - would you say more saurus or skinks instead of these?

Thanks for the advice!

Paraelix
07-10-2009, 15:42
With the skink on Engine with the same Items, you can unleash the Engine powers (uninterruptible) cast a spell on 3 dice and still save 2 dice for dispel... And in the opponents magic phase, you're now running 6 dispel dice and a scroll. Maybe throw Mirror Shield in there? Really depends on the kind of magic you're facing... But I'd be likely to see alot of magic missiles heading at my Carny Oldblood.