PDA

View Full Version : IG Manticore Rocket Launcher

Spinxy
07-10-2009, 13:35
hey,

so i was just wondering how the manticore rocket launcher works as i have been lookign at one on ForgeWorld, so how does it fire, 4 rockets and then these split into 3 large shots?

if someone could clarify, thanx

Spinxy

AndrewGPaul
07-10-2009, 13:48
The rules for it are in the current Codex: Imperial Guard, so I don 't think anyone's going to type them up for you.

Ignore the following; I mis-remembered the Codex.

However, "4 rockets and then these split into 3 large shots?" I don't understand you here. It has 4 rockets, each one fires separately, and makes a big explosion. No multipple warheads, if I understand you right. Like I said, all your questions are answered in the book.

Legionary
07-10-2009, 13:58
It fires one 'shot' per turn but that shot potentially lands more than one pie plate. Codex: Imperial Guard, p54.

AndrewGPaul
07-10-2009, 16:15
Ah, I see. I don't have access to my Codex at the moment, hence my confusion. Sorry.

Lord_Crull
07-10-2009, 18:00
I don't understand the question here.

MajorWesJanson
07-10-2009, 20:02
Manticore fires 1 rocket a turn, which results in D3 large blast templates laid out like a multiple barrage. It can only fire 4 times per game, however.

Spinxy
09-10-2009, 05:43
Manticore fires 1 rocket a turn, which results in D3 large blast templates laid out like a multiple barrage. It can only fire 4 times per game, however.

the bit i dont get is the D3 large blast templates, what does this mean?

Raxmei
09-10-2009, 06:09
Roll a 3-sided die. This is normally done by rolling an ordinary 6-sider and dividing by 2, rounding up: 1 and 2 = 1, 3 and 4 = 2, 5 and 6 = 3. This is in the main rulebook somewhere. The result is the number of large blasts that are fired. See the main rulebook for how to resolve multiple blasts and multiple barrages. It's somewhere in the shooting section. The Manticore can fire directly or as a barrage, state which one before measuring.

Spinxy
09-10-2009, 06:53
Roll a 3-sided die. This is normally done by rolling an ordinary 6-sider and dividing by 2, rounding up: 1 and 2 = 1, 3 and 4 = 2, 5 and 6 = 3. This is in the main rulebook somewhere. The result is the number of large blasts that are fired. See the main rulebook for how to resolve multiple blasts and multiple barrages. It's somewhere in the shooting section. The Manticore can fire directly or as a barrage, state which one before measuring.

cheers, that is wat i suspected it to b :)