PDA

View Full Version : How to use Nagash?

VanHel
07-10-2009, 23:44
I've recently come into possession of a Nagash model and was wondering how to use it on the table.

Lordy
07-10-2009, 23:52
Melt the ugly thing down into a chaos spawn! Or convert him into a Bone Giant

brawnyman1989
07-10-2009, 23:58
Or a Tomb King/Prince for a Tomb Kings army , or Vampire for a Vampire Counts army, cause I don't believe he has rules anymore.

Ozorik
08-10-2009, 00:02
Paperweight?

his original stats
M WS BS S T W I A Ld
6 7 7 7(8) 7 7 6 6 10

These are obviously too much for 7th ed, 6 across the board may well be a better

Terror, ItP, at least +1 casting value, possibly large target (but in reality Nagash is human sized, death clown excepted). A level 4 wizard who should know all necromantic and lore of death spells (given that he created most of them).

His original magic items dont fit anymore, his sword heals him for every wound he causes in melee, his armour should give him a 4+ save and a 4+ ward and his staff should generate power dice/store power dice. The book of nagash doesnt have any 7th ed analogue, some kind of magic bonus would be in order.

These obviously need heavy tweeking and I've no idea of a points value (other than lots).

Axis
08-10-2009, 01:15
I love the Nagash model!.. its so terrible its awesome. I recommend using him as a cheer-squad to put off your opponent, he will become entranced by him :D.

Troah
08-10-2009, 03:21
If you're vampire Counts you can simply use him as a vampire with all those silly rules and what not.

Gorbad Ironclaw
08-10-2009, 07:10
You could build him a super-villain lair and play some cackling laughter in the background?

If you want to use him in game he could make a fine Vampire, or Chaos/Demon anything, even a Tomb King if you wanted.

StormCrow
08-10-2009, 07:25
Using nagash in WHFB;

1. Set up both armies

2. Place Nagash on Table

3. In the first magic phase (yours or opponents) Nagash wins.

4. Game Over

Here's some stat's from Hammer and Anvil that you might want to test out, originally written by MrBetonnia

Nagash The Black 1,250pts

M6 WS6 BS6 S6(7) T6 W6 I5 A5 LD10

Equipment: Mortis - The Great Blade of Death, Staff of Power, Black Armour of Nagash, Book of Nagash.

~Magic Items~

Mortis - The Great Blade of Death

Mortis, The great blade of death, is a deadly weapon of titanic size. Where all but the strongest men couldn't even dream of lifting this immense blade with both their hands, Nagash carries easily, and uses to great effect. With each sweep of the fell blade, those who fall, rise up to fight their former friends.

Nagash gains +1 strength in combat. In addition, for each unsaved wound Nagash inflicts in combat, the unit he is with immediately regains a single wound suffered earlier in the battle (as If if the Invocation of Nehek had been cast on them). This can raise the unit above its starting size

Staff of Power

The staff of power was forged by Nagash so that he could store the additional power required to perform his most deadly necromantic rituals.

Nagash receives receives a +1 to casting and dispelling rolls. The staff of power also generates an extra 2 power dice to Nagash's power dice pool each turn. In addition, it allows Nagash to save up to 4 of his unused power dice or any of the army's unused dispel dice at the end of any magic phase, and then add them to his power dice pool or his army's dispel dice pool in the next magic phase.

Black Armour of Nagash

Nagash's armour is forged from an alloy of lead and meteoric iron and enchanted to protect the remains of his body from the warping effects of the dark magic he manipulates. Over the millennia, the armour has fused itself with his body, granting him extreme resilience.

The armour gives Nagash a 2+ armour save, a 4+ ward save and magic resistance (2).

Book of Nagash

All of Nagash's works where compiled into nine great tomes. Their pages where flayed from human skin and their text is written in the blood of Khemrians.Though almost all of the originals are destroyed, there are copies throughout the old world which all who wish to master the arts of necromancy seek.

The book of Nagash increases Nagash's magic level by 1 (Making making him a level 5 wizard). As such, Nagash generates 5 power dice and 3 dispel dice.

~Special Rules~

Undead: Vampire Counts Army Book, page 33

Causes Terror: Reference needed!

Large Target: Reference needed!

The Great Necromancer:

Nagash is the first and greatest amongst necromancers. He single handedly single-handedly created the nine books of Nagash which, even now are revered as the most powerful magical tomes in the world.

Nagash knows all the spells from the lore of Death and the Lore of the Vampires (as well as the invocation of Nehek). When using the Lore of the Vampires (including the invocation of Nehek), Nagash will not miscast (no matter the number of 1's rolled). He will still suffer miscast while using the lore of death as normal.

When casting the Invocation of Nehek, Nagash can increase units of skeleton warriors, dire wolves, bat swarms, fell bats and ghouls above their starting size.

The Source of the Undead Plague:

Nagash is the creater creator of unlife and is almost undestroyable. It has long been speculated that If he could ever be truely truly killed, the entire undead race would be destroyed.

If Nagash is killed, the best result his side can recieve receive is a draw. If he was destroyed in combat he may be carried like a banner and yeilds yields an additional 500 victory points.

The Army of Nagash

Ever since being deserted by the vampires during the final stages of his attacks on Khemri, Nagash has slowly developed a long standing distrust for all but the most uncivilised vampires.

Nagash must be the army's General. you may not have more vampire characters then you have necromancers or wights

Avian
08-10-2009, 07:53
Treat him as a Vampire Count on Zombie Dragon.

VaulSC
08-10-2009, 07:58
I know a guy who uses him as a unit filler in a unit of graveguard. Just paint the model in coherency with the rest of the unit, and use him in the centre to represent four of your normal rank and file models.

nagash42
08-10-2009, 08:00
you don't use nagash, nagash uses you!

AndrewGPaul
08-10-2009, 09:52
Using nagash in WHFB;

1. Set up both armies

2. Place Nagash on Table

3. In the first magic phase (yours or opponents) Nagash wins.

4. Game Over

Hah! I wish. He was never that good in 4th and 5th editions.

Tringsh
08-10-2009, 12:01
I love Nagash. It's a shame they don't at least feature him in the books anymore. StormCrow is spot on Nagash would just level the apposing army if he was fielded with realistic rules.

Midevil216
08-10-2009, 14:55
It could make a nice piece of terain.

Tringsh
08-10-2009, 15:06
It could make a nice piece of terain.

Blasphemy!!! :D

Midevil216
08-10-2009, 15:20
In related news, Nagash was spotted outside of GW headquarters asking redshirts if he was going to get his own army book.

BigbyWolf
08-10-2009, 15:22
A unit filler or large moster is all you really use him for, he's far to big to be a normal vamp...

Tringsh
08-10-2009, 16:58
In related news, Nagash was spotted outside of GW headquarters asking redshirts if he was going to get his own army book.

I would love to see that happen. I still have the old Undead book which he plays a major part in.

Minion
08-10-2009, 17:42
Well I got in my possesion the same mini and decided to use him as a Vamp.I gave him;Forbidden Lore,Master of the Black Arts,obviously Lord of the Dead.for items,Bloody Hauberk,Cursed Book,Book of Arkhan.Its the closest thing I could come up with to representing Nagash...

valdrog
08-10-2009, 17:45
Just use him as is in a Demon army, his rules are so overpowering that he will blend in perfectly with the Demons.

I use mine to hit people who bring 20+ power dice to a game.

AFnord
08-10-2009, 18:53
As others have said, there is really no "good" way to represent him within the current ruleset. No character with fitting stats & base size (if my memory serves Nagash stood on a large base). But paint him up well and use the old death clown as a form of cheerleader/opponent intimidator, or possibly (as another person suggested) as a unit filler.

TheZombieSquig
08-10-2009, 19:18
I'll plug my own representation of Nagash: http://www.thezombiesquig.co.uk/dark_hordes_of_nagashizzar.htm

It's not official but the list plays well.

As others have said, it's best to just use him as a weird-looking vampire.

CraftworldsRus
09-10-2009, 00:17
Perhaps the fantasy version of a Dreadsock?(IIRC-a sock with an old metal dread in it, used fer krumpin'.)

orlanth1000
09-10-2009, 02:48
Hold on to him for the campaign next summer ;)

Alx_152
09-10-2009, 06:35
Paint him like a statue and use him as an objective counter or terrain piece.
I've got 2 Nagash models and thats what I'm doining with them

BigbyWolf
09-10-2009, 09:21
If playing WoC or DoC you could always find a suitable replacement head and use him as a DP.

Failing that you could try and get your hands on the old Ariel (Wood Elf queen) model, paint both of 'em up and stick them on the edge of the table everytime you play a game- the distraction provided by that pair of abominations should guarantee you a few wins...