PDA

View Full Version : Whats GWs returns policy?

GomezAddams
08-10-2009, 21:11
I'm a bit of a pillock.

I've been putting together true scale marines for the past few weeks and whilst in my local GW today had the awesome idea of picking up a set of corsairs for there cloaks, whilst the other bits would eventually find use... probably.

Anywho got them out and thought I'd size them up and there far too small. There maybe big enough to be tabards but not cloaks, not by a long long shot. So what are my options. Baring in mind that the celophane has only been removed at the top, and I havent actually removed any bits.

simonr1978
08-10-2009, 22:24
Take them back to the store itself and see if you can get a refund/exchange. They may or they may not, but the only way you're going to get a definitive answer is to speak to them yourself.

If you want to save yourself the journey, phone up the store itself and ask, if you do so try to speak to the manager if available and in any case get the name of whoever it is you do speak to so that when you go, assuming that they're willing to offer a refund/exchange, you can hopefully find whoever it was you spoke to and deal with them rather than another individual who might have a different interpretation on the company's returns policy.

I'm assuming here that you still have the receipt which will make things easier.

Regardless of what the stated policy is, it's always worth contacting the store itself, in my experience managers and sometimes store staff too have a degree of discretion when it comes to returns, there may be some flexibility from the strict letter of official policy.

grissom2006
09-10-2009, 07:28
They don't have to give a refund or exchange unless the good we're faulty under the letter law (in the UK). If you buy something mistakenly thinking they'd work for something and they don't then under the legal standings it's your fault not GW's. How ever GW and many other Companies can will and do exchange quite happily in these cases.

yabbadabba
09-10-2009, 08:19
They don't have to give a refund or exchange unless the good we're faulty under the letter law (in the UK). If you buy something mistakenly thinking they'd work for something and they don't then under the legal standings it's your fault not GW's. How ever GW and many other Companies can will and do exchange quite happily in these cases.

Yeah, I don't think you'll have a problem. You should walk out with a product exchange or some vouchers mate. As has been said, call first.

rich1231
09-10-2009, 08:21
Be honest, open and polite and you will pretty much always have a happy ending.

Slaaaaaanesh
09-10-2009, 08:52
Normally if the product is still shrink wrapped you can take it back and swap for another similar priced item etc... however since you have removed some cellaphane it might be a bit trickier. Can you find someone else who might be buying dark elves. As with the above posts the staff have always been friendly in the customer service department.

static grass
09-10-2009, 09:08
Staff are usually quite friendly. If you are polite you could probably exchange your stuff for somthing else.

Store lose so much stuff due to theft anyway, irritating a paying customer over something they themselves can use a bits or paint up and display, it's not usually worse the aggrevation.

GomezAddams
09-10-2009, 19:46
Cheers guys, I went in today and it was no problem - however my will was weak and I ended up walking out with a land speeder storm :D Rather then a refund, I just got charged the difference which was fine by me

Thanks everyone :)

Chaos and Evil
09-10-2009, 19:49
Actually under UK law any purchase, anywhere, must be refunded if the customer asks for it within a certain period, I believe 14 days.

Product must still be in good (saleable) condition mind you.

Wil Grand
09-10-2009, 21:44
No such thing as "UK Law" mate....

Chaos and Evil
09-10-2009, 22:19
*looks around*

Pretty sure I don't live in an anarchy Will...

Wintertooth
09-10-2009, 23:08
There are three legal jurisdictions in the UK. England and Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland. They're different, not one unified legal code governing the entire nation.

I don't think there's a law saying they have to refund. Only if the item is not fit for purpose, damaged, etc. are they legally required to refund. You may be thinking of the (typically) 7 day "cooling off period" that covers distance selling.

GW will refund pretty much anything. They know their reputation for customer service is worth more than a box of toy soldiers.

Chaos and Evil
10-10-2009, 02:58
Ah yes I am thinking of the distance selling regulations.

So you can get a refund off the website, heh. :D

blongbling
10-10-2009, 09:20
yup, sure can

grissom2006
10-10-2009, 09:43
One that if the EU gets it's way getting refunds will become a thing of the past as they want ban it.

Jo Bennett
11-10-2009, 18:38
One that if the EU gets it's way getting refunds will become a thing of the past as they want ban it.

Any evidence for this or just a hardwire from the Daily Mail headline generator to your keyboard? The distance selling regs are European in origin anyway if memory serves.

grissom2006
11-10-2009, 19:49
Any evidence for this or just a hardwire from the Daily Mail headline generator to your keyboard? The distance selling regs are European in origin anyway if memory serves.

This for a starter. http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2008/11/11/europe_refund_rights/
This for seconds. http://www.out-law.com/page-9569

P.S i used to work in a legal department.;)

Also only got to look at last weeks moans from the communications watchdog about how if you got a contract online you had a cooling off period but if you did it in a store you didn't, and as such couldn't get a refund.