PDA

View Full Version : To all players in Japan

Deadmanwade
09-10-2009, 16:13
Hello to all the players in Japan,

There is going to be a Warhammer 40k event for 2 days in Golden Week next year. On Sunday the 2nd and Monday the 3rd of May anyone who wants to participate is welcome to come to Kanayama in Nagoya and join in the fun. All terrain will be provided so you'll just need to bring your army (and rules books, dice, tape measures, templates and anything else you may actually need).

This is NOT a tournament!!! Please bring an army that will be fun for you and your opponents. There is NO prize for winning except the adoration of your peers. We want this to be fun for all involved with the minimum of complaining, rules lawyering and absolutely no cheesey lists!

We're trying to organise this as more of a campaign. Each player will be put into a team depending on the army they bring (e.g. Orks). After each round the highest scoring team will get a bonus in the following rounds (e.g. Ork players will get a free Waaaagh for 1 unit). If a team does very well they will continue to get bonuses throughout the event.

There will be 5 games of varying sizes (500pts to 2000pts) played over 2 days along with a painting contest. (Which there may be a prize for if enough people show up). Each player is limited to 1 army but can bring multiple army lists.

Entry will be 2500 yen if you come for just one day. 4500 yen if you come for both.

There are only 30 spaces on each day for people who want to play and we have had 3 confirmations so far. If you want to enter and are SURE you will be free on those days, (i.e. dont say you'll be there if you usually go to your family home or country of origin every golden week and havent discussed it with your family yet). Please PM me with the following info.

Your name (in english/romaji please)

Where you're coming from (we'd like to organise it so you dont end up travelling to nagoya and playing the same people you see every week).

The army you think you'll be bringing (you can change at any time, I just want a rough idea of whats out there). Bear in mind that the Tyranids get a new codex in January and Blood Angels are rumoured for the spring. We are allowing forge world, just no super heavies, flyers or gargantuan creatures.

Which days you plan on coming.

For more info and updates check out www.myspace.com/nagoyahammer and read the blog section.

Thanks for reading
Stuart Latheron

Fenrir
09-10-2009, 16:16
Is there much of a general scene in Nagoya? I sort of half live there.

Deadmanwade
09-10-2009, 16:24
There is a club which meets on the last sunday of every month in Kamimaezu in Nagoya city. There are also players scattered throughout the area.
Whereabouts do you half live?

strapingyunglad
09-10-2009, 16:33
I dont live in japan but i like this idea for a fun tournoment, Hope all goes well.

Fenrir
09-10-2009, 16:51
Nearest tube is Aratama-Bashi.

Deadmanwade
09-10-2009, 17:05
As I said, we play the last sunday of every month in Kamimaezu. (about 20 minutes from aratama bashi) We play at a store called Joshin Kids Land on the 6th floor from 10am to 5pm.

Bookwrak
09-10-2009, 17:28
Your Joshin Kid's Land actually has table space? Nice. Do you have one of the big stand-alone Joshin Kid's Land, because all the ones that I was near, it was just the toy section of the larger Joshin electronics store.

Deadmanwade
09-10-2009, 17:55
Its a stand alone store.
One floor is their meeting room/gaming room. We usually manage 4 full sized tables and a smaller one for bags and boxes.