PDA

View Full Version : Skaven to the front!!!!

Commissar JVE
09-10-2009, 18:38
Everyone on the Skaven band wagon!!!!
I know I will be on that wagon! :D

I have a Night Goblin army and Empire army already. Iam going to start a new Skaven army all because of ONE single model - Warlord Queek Headtaker -

That is just a cool looking model GW has ever made in my opinion!!!:evilgrin:

Vipus
09-10-2009, 19:41
Im currently on my Dorfs and my DE at the minuite.

Its gonna be hard for me to decide if I want Vamps or Skaven for my next, I want something magic heavy so im tempted by a seer on a screaming bell. Also I havent seen it yet but I want one of those hellpit abomination beasts.

Commissar JVE
13-10-2009, 14:06
I believe that skaven is the next hard hitting army for fantasy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

danny-d-b
13-10-2009, 16:40
why is this in tactics?

you might just get this in general discussion
(maybe I should appy to be a mod I'm doing a lot of this kind of post)

I too though I'm looking to do a skaven army, mostly due to my new found love for everything plague and pestilence and by the sounds of the rumors it sounds like a cool army to do

Commissar JVE
13-10-2009, 20:03
:DI want to start a skaven army list, what should I start out with? Keep in mind I want Queek headhunter as my Lord choice no matter what! Someone please help!:eyebrows:

danny-d-b
13-10-2009, 20:52
right well thats slightly more tactic full

I'd start of by working out what kind of force you want to back him up, e.g. is this going to be a competative army or theamed

if its theamed then is it one of the clans armies (e.g. mine is going to be clan pesterlins which is all plauge) or something different (skyre= 'magic/shooting/crazy inventions, eshin= assassins and gutter runners, moers= monsters- sorry for spelling errors in there!)

your not going to get much of an army with out that, considering the book isn't even out yet

Axis
14-10-2009, 05:48
Skaven will not be strong, they just ain't green :P.

I am probably going to sell my old skaven because i don't have enough time/money/ability to do the skaven army i want justice.

Nicha11
14-10-2009, 06:07
Skaven will not be strong, they just ain't green :P.

I am probably going to sell my old skaven because i don't have enough time/money/ability to do the skaven army i want justice.

They not be strong in the meta game but I think they can be absoloutely brutal at low point ranges.

Axis
14-10-2009, 07:41
They not be strong in the meta game but I think they can be absoloutely brutal at low point ranges.

I think you mistook my post for a serious one.

Nicha11
14-10-2009, 07:45
I think you mistook my post for a serious one.

I use quotes to help get my point across regardless of their sincereity (be warned what you joke:evilgrin:).

t-tauri
14-10-2009, 19:27
Moved to Fantasy General. Please note sentences only need one exclamation mark.

Keller
14-10-2009, 20:57
I've always liked the idea of Skaven. They were the army that made WHFB catch my attention many, many years ago, though I ended up not getting into it at the time. Now, I know that I would simply hate assembling and painting that style of army (horde) and will likely never get around to owning Skaven.

Besides, I am still working on my other armies, and have relatively recently started up a small dwarf army, so theres just no room in my budget or schedule for anything new at this point.

mattschuur
14-10-2009, 21:08
Yeah, I gotta unload 100 clanrats. The new models are just to darn good not to pick up. The stormvermin look good to, but i like the metal ones.

Queek Head-taker my favorite fantasy characters ever, 2nd goes to Sharsnick. I love the fact that he is so un-skavenlike, "wanting" to fight challenges and leading from the front. The new model is awesome to.

matt schuur

Dark_Templar
14-10-2009, 22:49
I am definitely jumping on. Unfortunately I have so many unpainted models from various other armies that I am slowly going insane, but I just cannot resist continuing with my purchases....I think GW spiked my Pepsi

Devil Tree
15-10-2009, 06:39
Not jumping on the bandwagon. While Iíll admit Skaven are really cool, they seem to be one of those armies that require a lot of commitment to collect properly. Besides, I have 3 armies already and my Beasts seem to be the next ones due for a revamp.

I will however, definitely grab some kits to convert for my 40k Hrud army.:D

shadow hunter
15-10-2009, 10:46
Skaven were my first fantasy army.

I started wargaming Many moons ago. I had an Eldar army, and loved my master warlocks.

When I started looking for a fantasy army, I noted the warlocks that they had. I then noticed the grey seer entry (farseer), and that was all it took. Skaven were what I wanted. I then bought the old book and read up on them as much as I could. I bought an army - but didn't actually use them until a few editions later (no-one really plays fantasy in my group).

In the however many years I've collected Skaven, I've only played maybe 10 games. I am looking forward to increasing that (and I never even got a chance to use my Vermin Lord or Doomwheel before they were taken out the book - so glad they are back)

I also have O+G (used 3 times) Beastmen (used once) and a new vampire count army (never played). I think they are all going to be overlooked for a bit longer.

I only wish I wasn't a horde fan so much.

Lord Khabal
15-10-2009, 10:58
Nope, not gonna do it. Still must finish DE and WOC. But the new minis are pretty cool.

Dai-Mongar
15-10-2009, 11:29
Ah, I remember getting a box of 4th edition plastic clanrats as my first GW purchase so many years ago... I think the new book is enticing me to pick them up again, seeing as how I have a bunch of old metal clanrats/screaming bell/Queek from the same era.
Just have to bulk up on the new clanrats and stormvermin, maybe a doomwheel, the verminlord, et cetera, et cetera... :P