PDA

View Full Version : new army 1000pts for fuin play only

Skaven-win
19-01-2006, 04:02
Waywatcher noble 155pts w/longbow, 2hwpns, resplendence of Luminesents, and elnett broch

Branchwriath 165pts Lvl1wiz w/cluster of radiants and annoyance of nettlings

Dryads 132pts 11mdls

Dryads 132pts 11mdls

Treekin 195pts 3mdls

Waywatchers 216pts 9mdls

i think thats about it.

this is to be a fun army only, tired of skaven all the time.

should be a fun army, right?:eyebrows:

just looking for a lil help. Just wanna know if you guys think this army will be good enought to put up a fight, allow me to get crushed everytime, or have a faily good chance?

Skaven-win
20-01-2006, 21:55
original updated

Skaven-win
27-01-2006, 18:53
no suggestions? at all? hmp..

Makaber
27-01-2006, 19:32
I don't think it will work very well, mostly because you've fallen into the trap of relying on dryads. I've played fairly many games against wood elves, and the dryads hasn't impressed me much as main-line infantry. They're wonderful skirmishers sure, but they're still just that: Skirmishers. Without the ability to get static combat resolution or negate ranks, they will be hard pressed to manage against most infantry blocks. The treekin is the only semi-survivable (Not an ideal word to use but I hope you know what I mean) unit, and I don't think that's enough.

Wreckage
28-01-2006, 13:56
Waywatcher noble 155pts w/longbow, 2hwpns, resplendence of Luminesents, and elnett broch
His magic items are crap, get Hail of Doom Arrow and Talisman of protection instead. Also, you didnt pay the points for his extra hand weapon.
Branchwriath 165pts Lvl1wiz w/cluster of radiants and annoyance of nettlings
Good!
Dryads 132pts 11mdls
Drop them to 8, they'll hardly ever use all 8 anyway
Dryads 132pts 11mdls
Drop them to 8, they'll hardly ever use all 8 anyway
Treekin 195pts 3mdls
Increase them to 4, additional attacks that you'll nearly always get in.
Waywatchers 216pts 9mdls
Drop them to 6
i think thats about it.

this is to be a fun army only, tired of skaven all the time.

should be a fun army, right?:eyebrows:

just looking for a lil help. Just wanna know if you guys think this army will be good enought to put up a fight, allow me to get crushed everytime, or have a faily good chance?

If you take my advice on units you'll have 80 points leftover. I HIGHLY recommend getting some Glade Riders or Glade Guard.

Skaven-win
29-01-2006, 00:31
oops, my bad on missing the pts for the extra hand wpn.

Not to much a fan of the Talisman but I could roll with the Doom Arrow.
what if I took the noble with these instead - Pageant of Strikes and Elynett's Broch

was also thinking of splitting the dryads into 3 smaller units.

I'll look into the glade riders, never used mounted guys before.