PDA

View Full Version : Melta-Guns for grey hunters?

oomankillakan
10-10-2009, 00:10
So got a rhino space wolf pack and space wolf codex in today :D. I was looking in the codex and decided to give my grey hunters two melta guns. I searched in my box and discovered that, oes teh noes, no meltas. So i was wondering if there as any way to get two melta guns out of my greyhunters box set alone? I was thinking of using plasma guns as proxies as they look semi similar, but if any one with conversion experience could give me tips it would be most appreciated. If there is no way what other boxes/bits would i need?

The Convincer
10-10-2009, 00:55
If you don't end up converting, the OLD space wolves accessories frame is still available from GW online. It has a meltagun on it, as well as bits to kitbash regular marines into space wolves.

Astraeos
10-10-2009, 00:57
The original Space Wolf upgrade sprue funnily (ironically?) enough had a single melta gun on it! It said in the UK White Dwarf that it was going to be released as a Bitz pack so you could wait for it to turn up on the GW site and buy a couple from there.

And having the extra Wolf bitz for kit bashing is a plus too! I've already put them to good use on some Blood Claws, and next up my own Grey Hunters!

Edit- You beat me to it Convincer!

xowainx
10-10-2009, 08:36
You can get a bitz pack of five metal ones from GW for a reasonable price.

grissom2006
10-10-2009, 09:33
Ummm this topic again you can buy the melta guns or still get the old SW sprue

JHZ
10-10-2009, 10:55
Try any of the several bitz stores around the web, or just put an add to the trading forum that you're interested in getting some meltaguns. I've exchanged tons of bitz I didn't need for ones I did need.

Latro_
10-10-2009, 13:51
You can get a bitz pack of five metal ones from GW for a reasonable price.

yea just get that.

its 5th ed after all, melta melta melta

oomankillakan
10-10-2009, 15:53
ok thanks for the replies guys i didnt know you could get a 5 melta bitz pack, but on a side note...are there really only four bolters in the spacewolf pack sprue? I was searching along my sprue and that was all i could find!?

Karhedron
11-10-2009, 20:45
Here is the link in case anyone is looking. I have browsed a couple of the bitz stores and melta weapons always seem to sell ouy really fast so this will probablye be easier. At <1 per gun it is not bad value either.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1300067&prodId=prod1400031

I have some plastic meltas from the old SW sprue but I have used those as easy conversion fodder for combi-meltas for my WG. Hello hot melta death. :evilgrin:

Corrode
11-10-2009, 21:31
ok thanks for the replies guys i didnt know you could get a 5 melta bitz pack, but on a side note...are there really only four bolters in the spacewolf pack sprue? I was searching along my sprue and that was all i could find!?

There should be two sprues which give you 8 bolters overall. The Pack box has two sets of two sprues in it.

LKHERO
12-10-2009, 05:01
If you don't end up converting, the OLD space wolves accessories frame is still available from GW online. It has a meltagun on it, as well as bits to kitbash regular marines into space wolves.

Yeah? Link me.

grissom2006
12-10-2009, 10:14
Yeah? Link me.

You'll have to wait on the link for the sprue as GW is doing it's standard stunt on this and not putting it up till they release the all the SW stuff.

Karhedron
12-10-2009, 10:16
Yeah? Link me.

No sign of it in the online store but it was in the latest WD. I suggest just popping into your local GW and ordering from there. Or phone up and do mail order that way.