PDA

View Full Version : Why shouldn't I sell my Skaven Army

10-10-2009, 05:32
I just took the pics of my Skaven army, its half painted and around 3000pts. I was about to post the pics up on ebay to sell, but I'm having second thoughts. I was hoping to get around 200 for the army and maybe 100 for my Verminlord and 50 for my Bell.

I've played this army maybe 5 times in 3 years so its just collecting dust. But the new book is exciting I suppose. I was looking at putting the money towards an An'ggrath the Unbound or Warhound Titan. What are you guys' opinion on what I should do.

The army consists of

100 Clanrats with Shield/spear
20 Slaves
40 Plague Monks
4 Swarm
4 Rat Ogres
20 Giant Rats with Slavers
10 Night Runners
6 Gutter Runners
2x Rat Gun, 1x Warpfire thrower
1x Warp Lightning Cannon
Plague Priest
2x Engineers
1x Chieftan
1x BSB
1x Pro Painted Verminlord
1x Pro Painted Eshin Assassin Character
1x Pro Painted Seer on Bell

The pro painted stuff was painted by the local GW manager whos really good.

damn meant to put this in fantasy general, can a moderator plz move this

Clang
10-10-2009, 07:28
Well, you'll feel really silly if you sell it and then discover the new codex is full of Coolness and you want to play them again.

I also worry that you may not get a good price for it right now as some potential buyers will think you're just trying to get rid of the 'old' models before all the cool new models arrive. You may well get a better price after waiting for the new codex and confirming the army's new points value and model usefulness.

CrownAxe
10-10-2009, 07:38
the book is out in about a month

t-tauri
10-10-2009, 08:38
Moved to fantasy. Please post in the appropriate area. Please don't triple post.

Lijacote
10-10-2009, 10:49
New army book out in a month. Buy that, see if want. If not, sell as bundle.

ARabidNun
10-10-2009, 11:12
Yes, wait until AFTER the new codex. Even if you still choose to sell it, you will get alot more interested buyers for an army then you will now, when there is too much speculation about the army.

On a second thought, If you really need to sell it to make some extra cash, that's a good reason, but I sold my skaven army a few years ago for that reason and now I regret it since it will be so much more expensive to buy all those models, and since my whole army was painted I am not looking forward to the idea of repainting :(

maze ironheart
10-10-2009, 11:27
Well check the book out and see if you like what you see if you don't like then sell the army.

Griefbringer
10-10-2009, 13:15
I'll second the above comments - at least check the new book to see if it will again light your interest for them.

If not, then the time after the release of the new book is probably the best time to sell, as the interest for the Skaven will be on their highest.

And for the best price, consider selling your models in units rather than as one big lot.

mbh1127
10-10-2009, 15:35
100 for the vermin lord?

can we see a pic of that.

Ri-xthoal Lord of Lustira
10-10-2009, 17:25
Keep your skaven, but sell your slave for a new ones

Urgat
10-10-2009, 21:08
You think a new book is going to make you play them more? I'm not so sure... so well, think about that (it's not like the current book is weak or lacks fun, already...) and act accordingly. Other than that, why do you need us to tell you what you should do with your army? I don't think you're going to do this or that just because there's a majority of one opinion here, I hope.