PDA

View Full Version : New skaven!

Dark Skaven
10-10-2009, 08:12
0mg the new skaven is so awesome! im planning to buy 5 packs of clan rats, 2 packs of stormvermins and 1 pack of plague monks, is that a good deal??

Lusall
10-10-2009, 08:27
Not a good place to post this, bud. :(

strewart
10-10-2009, 12:55
Good deal?? You have GOT to be joking. Do you work for GW or soemthing? What the hell is with the pricing for the Storm Vermin? Same amount of rats as the clan rats, probably about the same amount of plastic, yet some how 60% more expensive or so. What the hell?!?! Ok I could somewhat accept that a bit of the pricing is based on the power of the units, but when you that huge difference is there... And you look at it next to the recent gold swords, who have only 10 plastic models and are slightly cheaper than stormvermin but a lot more than clan rats, it makes absolutely no sense. At least GW prices used to at least somewhat make sense, now they are all over the place seemingly based on a 'whatever the hell we feel like at the time' system. What do they roll a dice or something to decide the price of a new box? It is completely retarded. I collect neither empire or skaven, but it has certainly stopped me wanting to buy any more warhammer. I'll put my money elsewhere, such as mantic games. And alcohol. Try to at least have some consistency GW.

So to sum up, don't buy storm vermin. They are a silly price. The clan rats ok, even though there is basically no conversion possibility. They are ok value based on whats been happening recently.

Rabid Bunny 666
10-10-2009, 13:06
Consider the price of making a unit of Storm Vermin with the metal models, 3 per blister and 7 IIRC, do the math. edit: 12 for 5 and 14 for the 5 man command, hell, the new ones are cheaper by a fairly large margin and look nicer.

It seems like a decent start, make the clanrats into 3 units of 30 and use the last ten (save the robed bodies) as Night Runners or Gutter runners. The Storm Vermin and the Plague monks would be your hitty units.

w3rm
10-10-2009, 13:22
Actually Stormvermin are 50 cents cheaper then 20 of most armies elites.

This thread looks very similar... :P

Vermin-thing
10-10-2009, 13:53
Also take note the storm vermin pack contains almost double the amount of parts, around 4 sprues worth of stuff. (145 VS 85)

Is it a good deal? Sure, I don't see why it wouldn't be. Top notch models for less, it doesn't get any better than that.

brawnyman1989
10-10-2009, 15:59
I really like the new Stormvermin, but am very apprehensive about paying close to $50 for 20 plastic models, especially models that are core...

isidril93
10-10-2009, 17:26
i like them...they are really nice

Weemo
10-10-2009, 19:51
stormvermin are a step in the right direction tbh:

1) amazing models with great amount of spare bitz

2) even number of models (no more 16 men boxes when you always had to buy 1 more)

3) 50p more a model is worth it for great models

4) cheaper than old metals by a long way.

5) GW would sell less stormvermin - they are special therefore less common- the higher price compensates for this

When i saw the price of Goldswords i was very worried, now that stormvermin are differently packaged i am very very glad
:D

loveless
11-10-2009, 05:57
GW would sell less stormvermin - they are special therefore less common- the higher price compensates for this

Stormvermin are Core, actually.

It's a kit that has all the options in it.

20 rats + command + shield option. It has a lot more customization options - separate body pieces, separate heads, variant arms and shields, etc. etc.

They're still considerably cheaper than the old metals - something the Goldswords failed to accomplish. They have considerably more plastic than the Clanrats, it's just that the Clanrats take up an incredibly small amount of plastic due to the practically single-piece casting (note that Clanrats actually went DOWN in price in the US). A Skaven army overall is going to be cheaper now than it used to be - I don't really see a reason to complain about price - they all look like decent deals for GW.

Vermin-thing
11-10-2009, 06:05
Stormvermin are Core, actually.

It's a kit that has all the options in it.

20 rats + command + shield option. It has a lot more customization options - separate body pieces, separate heads, variant arms and shields, etc. etc.

They're still considerably cheaper than the old metals - something the Goldswords failed to accomplish. They have considerably more plastic than the Clanrats, it's just that the Clanrats take up an incredibly small amount of plastic due to the practically single-piece casting (note that Clanrats actually went DOWN in price in the US). A Skaven army overall is going to be cheaper now than it used to be - I don't really see a reason to complain about price - they all look like decent deals for GW.

Sadly people will continue to complain because GW has put the OTT price solution on everything. Every one assumes that the models are over priced when these few are not. :eek:

two boxes of grave guard: $64.00

one box of storm vermin: $59.00

Same number of models.