PDA

View Full Version : A few Skaven questions

mbh1127
10-10-2009, 15:36
I have tried to ask a few questions about skaven in the other threads, but they just move way too fast.

1. Anyone have an idea about unit size for night runners. What would be a good size for a unit that tunnels (I want to try to buy some, but not sure how many I need).

2. Plastic Plague Monks. How do these guys look next to the old metal ones?

3. How big is the new bell? I am trying to figure out possible unit sizes to push it.

thanks

mrtn
10-10-2009, 23:04
1. No idea.

2. Hunched. They don't fit very well.

3. Big. Apparently the base is 60*100 mm.

Chaseyboy1er
11-10-2009, 01:29
i would say for the new rules, 15 for night runners.

the new plastic plague monks look a lot different from the old metal ones.

and the new bell is suposatly on a 60mmX60mm base. so an acceptable unit would be around 40. as it needs at least 10 models in the unit to push it.

mbh1127
11-10-2009, 02:46
i would say for the new rules, 15 for night runners.

the new plastic plague monks look a lot different from the old metal ones.

and the new bell is suposatly on a 60mmX60mm base. so an acceptable unit would be around 40. as it needs at least 10 models in the unit to push it.

I was hoping for something smaller.

what was the old bell 40mm wide

Vermin-thing
11-10-2009, 08:43
3: At the very lest you need 20 models. 30 is optimal but not necessary.

2: Not at all similar, the monks are hunch over like the clanrats, and aren't waving their weapons in the air screaming. I've got the 5th ed. grey seer which is the same as the old metal monks.

1: assuming min size is 20, 20 would be best. Maybe 15 if you want to tunnel.

Chaseyboy1er
11-10-2009, 13:41
3: At the very lest you need 20 models. 30 is optimal but not necessary.

well, no. because as soon as 11 die from your base 20 man unit, it can't be pushed. if it's clanrats, that won't be hard. If it's storm vermin, it also won't be hard. Now in terms of the plague fernis, you will want around 40 to 50 because of all the toughness tests from it. but back to the bell. the best number is 40+. if you want an even unit, i would go with 51 clanrats/storm vermin. i say that because the bell itself takes up 9 models. and that's what i'm going to be running it in.

J.P. Biff
12-10-2009, 00:33
I have tried to ask a few questions about skaven in the other threads, but they just move way too fast.

1. Anyone have an idea about unit size for night runners. What would be a good size for a unit that tunnels (I want to try to buy some, but not sure how many I need).

2. Plastic Plague Monks. How do these guys look next to the old metal ones?

3. How big is the new bell? I am trying to figure out possible unit sizes to push it.

thanks

1. 10 for tunnelers IMO If they're not tunneling don't take them, take giant rats.

2. Night and day. The new ones rank up crappy if you don't pay attention to the position of the arms but they're not THAT bad. If you're mixing new and old models together with the old ones in the same unit, go for it. They look good enough.

3. Takes up 15 models (20mm bases). I won't take one. It suffers (even more so now) from the "Come kill my grey seer!" problem it did in the last army book. Which is to bad cause its and unbelievably gorgeous model.

Vermin-thing
12-10-2009, 02:46
well, no. because as soon as 11 die from your base 20 man unit, it can't be pushed. if it's clanrats, that won't be hard. If it's storm vermin, it also won't be hard. Now in terms of the plague fernis, you will want around 40 to 50 because of all the toughness tests from it. but back to the bell. the best number is 40+. if you want an even unit, i would go with 51 clanrats/storm vermin. i say that because the bell itself takes up 9 models. and that's what i'm going to be running it in.

9? It's 3 X 5 which equals 15 models. 30 is a good number if your using SV, and yes 40 would work with clan rats, but it's going to be really hard to move and the cost will be more than you'd want it to be. 30 clanrats/SV is the right number.

As for the PF 40 monks will get it into combat, and maybe last a few rounds. Even if they die the PF has a shooting attack so it's not totaly useless.