PDA

View Full Version : What the hell - Krieg on Taros?

pyramid_head
19-01-2006, 08:51
I was just skimming over IA1 and found a horrible mistake, it indicates Krieg forces were deployed to Taros, this is backed up by the fact is gives an regimental organisation which includes attachments from other armies (read Cadian) which indicates that they were planet side.

/head explodes

Nazguire
19-01-2006, 10:03
I was just skimming over IA1 and found a horrible mistake, it indicates Krieg forces were deployed to Taros, this is backed up by the fact is gives an regimental organisation which includes attachments from other armies (read Cadian) which indicates that they were planet side.

/head explodes

And how is this head explodingly bad?

Eduard
19-01-2006, 10:10
According to the IA3 they were never deployed on Taros.They were boarding their ships when that order was put on hold. They never were even near the planet.

DantesInferno
19-01-2006, 10:52
Assuming there really is an inconsistency, my advice is to take a few deep breaths and try to work through the pain.

pyramid_head
19-01-2006, 11:11
Assuming there really is an inconsistency, my advice is to take a few deep breaths and try to work through the pain.

can't....handle.....inconsistency....yyyyyyyyyyyyE EEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH HH

Inquisitor Samos
19-01-2006, 13:07
Then how in the Emperor's Name do you manage to have anything to do with 40K for any length of time at all? :p

I mean, GW isn't exactly known as a paragon of background consistency anyway, right? ;)

Easy E
20-01-2006, 20:03
And how is this head explodingly bad?

I don't own the books, but it seems like IA1 contradicts the fluff written in IA3. Is this the general idea?

Well, we all know the most recent book voids the previous ones, right? :p

Sir Charles
20-01-2006, 22:22
How does it indicate that they were on Kreig? Their presence on the force org chart could be explained away by how they were suppose to be there, but just never arrived.

Warden
20-01-2006, 23:57
Krieg could have been deployed on taros Centuries before the current Campaign.

Fw is normally very good with it fluff consistency, not like its mothership GW.

Chaos and Evil
21-01-2006, 20:18
Krieg could have been deployed on taros Centuries before the current Campaign.

Nah, they're the same regiment number as the Kreig's regiment that ends up attached to the Taros Campaign force in IA:3.

I just took it as that was their official force-org for the Taros Campaign, even though they never actually made it to the war zone before the invasion was repelled.

I found it to be a cool little nod to keeping consistancy in FW books, all in all.

Getz
21-01-2006, 22:15
Quite.

It just says "Order of Battle: Taros Campaign" It doesn't actually say they were there...