PDA

View Full Version : Purity Seals?

Hrw-Amen
11-10-2009, 17:58
I know that Marines, SOB, and the Inquistion all use purity Seals, but there appears to be little evidence of the in the IG?

Can IG have purity seals or are they simply not pure enough? I think that the only guard thing I've seen with tem has been the little shrine on the rear hull plates of the Baneblade and Shadowsword tanks?

Can an indivisual guardsman have a purity seal, or maybe a senior officer or Commisar? I would imagine maybe a veteran squad prior to being sent on a near impossible mission may be blessed by whatever priest is around and have them inscribed with oathes for the upcoming battle and then stuck to the uniforms, weapons, belts or whatever?

Has anyone got any fluff examples, conversions, or reasons why the IG either can and or cannot have purity seals?

Idaan
11-10-2009, 18:28
4e Rulebook, IG page shows a Kopinski illustration of a Guardsman and Kasrkin sergeant. IIRC both have purity seals.

Crazy Ivan
11-10-2009, 18:37
The Vostroyan Imperial Guard models almost all have purity seals, officers and Guardsmen alike. The sergeant is covered in them.

EDIT: added pictures for reference:

eltanko
11-10-2009, 20:36
Aren't they for when a soldier performs a particularly courageous act? Marines survive such things, IG usually die an honourable death!!

ElTanko

ntin
11-10-2009, 20:47
Purity scrolls / seals are just small prayers with a wax seal. The Vostroyan are wealthy enough to get a priest to attach the scrolls. If the Imperial Guard are attached to an Inquisitor or participating in fighting cultists or Chaos they may have purity seals as well.

JHZ
11-10-2009, 22:52
The Vostroyan are wealthy enough to get a priest to attach the scrolls. If the Imperial Guard are attached to an Inquisitor or participating in fighting cultists or Chaos they may have purity seals as well.
And then there's this way:

ntin
11-10-2009, 23:46

Wasn't that comic called "Space Sluts" with the prettiest Ork Warboss and the Inquisitor with the space Cadillac?

Askil the Undecided
12-10-2009, 10:16
Purity seals are religious trappings, not military awards. They are basically just a fashion statement in an extreme theocracy.

Basically it's buying a handwritten statement from the ecclesiarchy about how awesome, pure and faithful they are.

NightrawenII
12-10-2009, 10:17

Nah, this is better:
http://1d4chan.org/images/9/9d/SlutPatrol_01.gif

Hrw-Amen
12-10-2009, 10:32
So basically if they are rich enough to pay a priest, or lucky enough to be on good terms with one, or fighting alongside an Inquisitor who is, and/or are simply vain, then they can have them. However most guardsmen not being that rich, vain or lucky don't.