PDA

View Full Version : Road to 2000 points

someone2040
12-10-2009, 06:52
Hi guys,
I recently picked up some Warmaster Undead on the cheap. I eventually want to get a 2k point army of these fellas since I'm most of the way there, I'm just wondering what peoples oppinions are on the units in the Undead army, and what I should purchase to get there (Since the Aussie dollar is doing pretty well at the moment, and friends have been speaking about doing an overseas order I think I may as well pitch in).

As it stands, I have...
Warmaster Undead Starter Army (That's what, 2 Skeletons, 2 Bowmen, 1 Cavalry, 2 Bone Throwers, and a character).
Undead Characters Blister
Undead Hero On Zombie Dragon
2x Undead Chariots
2x Undead Carrion
2x Undead Skull Chukka
1x Bone Giant
1x Sphinx
Maybe 1 Cavalry blister.

I think when I quickly added it up it came to around 1400 points.

So obviously I need at least 2x more Skeleton and 2x more Bowmen, but I'm wondering what else would be good to pick up. I'm more in it for the hobby (This being the first army, and not actually knowing anyone who plays) but would also like stuff that won't be crap if I do eventually play.

azraelezekiel
12-10-2009, 08:23
max out chariots and heroes.

fracas
12-10-2009, 16:32
agree
you should buy 2-4 more chariots and maybe 1-2 more cavalry

someone2040
12-10-2009, 23:30
So more Chariots, more cavalry and max out liches. Seems fair enough.

Cpt. Drill
12-10-2009, 23:43
I would say that if you are currently collecting more as a hobby project than a functioning army I would suggest getting some Bolt Throwers for the army. Just because they are the one thing you dont seem to have already, although chariots are great they are one of the few 10mm things I cant bear to build and paint... Too many breakable parts.

Any pics of this army?

someone2040
13-10-2009, 05:26
I have 2 Bone Throwers from the Warmaster Undead starter army.

Haven't started yet, just what I've got from ebay (And that was fairly recent). Just asking because the Aus -> USD exchange rate is good at the moment, and friends have been wanting to get Battlefleet Gothic. So I figure it would be a good time to chip in and get the rest of what I need.

Ben
19-10-2009, 22:11
Think about how you will brigade the models. A brigade of 4 chariot units with a liche in chariot is brutal. An artillery brigade of 2 skull chuckers and 2 units of bone throwers will also ruin peoples days.

You should probably get some more infantry for raising as well.

Pugwash
21-10-2009, 00:48
Hi someone2040

Chariots and Cavalry are good, although my regular opponent does just fine with a force almost identical to yours.

http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=71090

Whereabouts in Oz are you?

someone2040
28-10-2009, 05:28
Hi someone2040

Chariots and Cavalry are good, although my regular opponent does just fine with a force almost identical to yours.

http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=71090

Whereabouts in Oz are you?

Hi Pugwash,
I've seen and read your stuff before, really interesting battles. Unfortunately I live in South Australia, doesn't seem to be much Warmaster activity down here (Although, to be fair I don't really get to go to Clubs and find out. Live too far away).