PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone got a full chapter?

Deadmanwade
12-10-2009, 12:11
Hi all,
I was considering today the viability of putting together a complete chapter. Aside from the obvious snags of it costing me all my money for a year and being a pain to paint, it seems like a cool idea. If I was rich and didnt need to work I'd try it.
The most I have ever managed is a full battle company (which has since been divided amongst several different chapters so I can play Fists, Salies and Ravenguard). I know there was once a guy in WD who had a full chapter of Blood Angels and the old Marine Dex had the full Ultramarine Chapter inside the cover.
Has anyone else ever put together a full chapter of the Imperium's Finest?

Sunyavadin
12-10-2009, 13:03
Most I've managed is a company.

grissom2006
12-10-2009, 13:09
3.5 Companies.

Hypaspist
12-10-2009, 13:10
Nope, I have (not fully painted)

1st Company Dark Angels - 50%
2nd Company Dark Angels - 40%
3rd Company Dark Angels - 100%

bearing in mind there are people on Warseer with 39k Eldar armies there has *GOT* to be someone with an entire chapter.... there just has to be!

Amareo Davion
12-10-2009, 13:34
I've seen a picure of a whole Ultramarines Chapter on B&C but I havent' got a full chapter.

nordy
12-10-2009, 14:07
This dude on B&C has the largest SM army if seen so far:
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=29450&view=findpost&p=1030813

For those wanting to know, at the time of this pic, this army has 100 scouts, 420 tactical marines, 50 terminators, 50 veteran, 160 assault marines, 180 devestators, of various variants there are 15 land speeders, 1 land speeder tempest, 10 land raiders, 6 vindicators, 7 whirlwinds, 17 bikes, 7 predators, 1 thunderhawk, 1 thunderhawk lander, 22 rhinos, 10 razorbacks, 2 drop pods 10 dreadnaughts, all of the UM special characters, captains and command squads, plus numerous librarians, chaplains, techmariens and apothecaries.

Thats a bunch of power armor :D

nordy
12-10-2009, 14:10
This dude on B&C has the largest SM army if seen so far:
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=29450&view=findpost&p=1030813

For those wanting to know, at the time of this pic, this army has 100 scouts, 420 tactical marines, 50 terminators, 50 veteran, 160 assault marines, 180 devestators, of various variants there are 15 land speeders, 1 land speeder tempest, 10 land raiders, 6 vindicators, 7 whirlwinds, 17 bikes, 7 predators, 1 thunderhawk, 1 thunderhawk lander, 22 rhinos, 10 razorbacks, 2 drop pods 10 dreadnaughts, all of the UM special characters, captains and command squads, plus numerous librarians, chaplains, techmariens and apothecaries.

Thats a bunch of power armor :D

Sorros
12-10-2009, 14:54
bearing in mind there are people on Warseer with 39k Eldar armies there has *GOT* to be someone with an entire chapter.... there just has to be!

Pics or it didn't happen. I want to see that.

Hypaspist
12-10-2009, 15:09
before I got my 2nd and 3rd revenant titans, I had just over 39k of Eldar.
about 17k of marines
~6k of daemons
about 9k of mixed IG and Daemonhunters
~5k of chaos marines
barely 2k of tyranids (leftovers from old space hulk)

only 30% of everything is painted, and less than half is painted by me.

tip of the day: never try to have your 40K army match (model-for-model) your Epic army.

You will need to pester the owner of *that* post to see that, although Angelwing has posted a link to his 10k+ points Tyranid army in the same thread, and that on it's own is fairly impressive!

Inquisitor Engel
12-10-2009, 15:37
Hi all,
I know there was once a guy in WD who had a full chapter of Blood Angels

It wasn't even close to the whole Blood Angels chapter.

It did however have a scout titan made from an AT-ST model, a Thunderhawk, quad-bikes and a Land Raider that ended up looking almost exactly like the current model (before the current model was released) AND even what is essentially a Land Speeder Storm.

No one has managed to scan a copy yet, and my WD is missing. :(

grissom2006
12-10-2009, 16:01

It did however have a scout titan made from an AT-ST model, a Thunderhawk, quad-bikes and a Land Raider that ended up looking almost exactly like the current model (before the current model was released) AND even what is essentially a Land Speeder Storm.

I thought that came with a footnote saying that the pic was only a small selection of favourate pieces from the guys army.

pookie
12-10-2009, 16:03

me and someone else Inq Serge had a quick discussion on this force:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224038

though iirc the landspeeder storms were from someone else, i seem to remeber ( or maybe it was the 1st articale showing a much smaller BA force, by the same person ).

Fugazi
12-10-2009, 17:12
Just over a company. I would need several lifetimes to accumulate an entire chapter. :D

mattschuur
12-10-2009, 17:50
I have a full battle company and half the first company. I really would like to have the entire first, third and 8th (assault) companies. I know i guy who has well over 16K of marines but i don't think its in any order company wise.

I've seriously wanted to try and get a whole chapter, but money, painting and the fact that i'd probably never use half the models keeps me from trying.

matt schuur

DalekSek
12-10-2009, 17:54
i have ultramarines 2nd company, plus ten drop pods and a few other bits and pieces. have started on 3rd company now as well.

Arkley
12-10-2009, 17:58
Nope, I have (not fully painted)

1st Company Dark Angels - 50%
2nd Company Dark Angels - 40%
3rd Company Dark Angels - 100%

I have the same except 50% of 2nd Co for my DA Successors :)

Fugazi
12-10-2009, 18:07
I just thought of something. Even if I had the cash to buy a full chapter, I'm not sure I'd want one. Where would I put it?

Anyone feel similarly?

marv335
12-10-2009, 18:10
I have a Crimson Fist force;

60% 1st Co
100% 2nd Co
and 60 scouts (10th Co has no fixed size so can't give a %)
Plus an extensive Reclusiam, Librarium, and commadd team with a fairly large chapter armoury.

Compel
12-10-2009, 18:12
At Games Day there was the 'Outriders Chapter' - presumably a big project contributed by all the GW Outriders.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_XuFBDYfNlUY/StNkCqX7YaI/AAAAAAAACNA/FtGgOc0lgsI/s912/DSCF0658.JPG

Inquisitor Engel
12-10-2009, 18:20
At Games Day there was the 'Outriders Chapter' - presumably a big project contributed by all the GW Outriders.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_XuFBDYfNlUY/StNkCqX7YaI/AAAAAAAACNA/FtGgOc0lgsI/s912/DSCF0658.JPG

Still doesn't even look close.

Kriegfreak
12-10-2009, 18:20

I wasn't even aware they still did the Outrider program. Cool chapter though.

PondaNagura
12-10-2009, 18:25
yeah, I wouldn't really want a full chapter, too much upkeep and storage issues.

though I do have the collective components of two battle companies (and supporting command staff and accompanying servis), a scout company, and half of a 1st termie company. But that's only if I were to paint all the minis I have uniformly, which I'm not because I like the diversity of play.

Durath
12-10-2009, 18:28
I just thought of something. Even if I had the cash to buy a full chapter, I'm not sure I'd want one. Where would I put it?

Anyone feel similarly?

Agreed. I have about a company's worth of Chaos Marines, and have used up a tremendous amount of space and money for their display area and storage cases for when I want to transport them all.

If I increased that by 10x, I'd need another spare bedroom (or two) just to house all that.

No thanks.

Imperius
12-10-2009, 18:30
If anyone got a full Black Tempalr chapter (with upgrade kits...)
GamesWorkshop would have to give them compensation for addiction.

If you didn't know, the Templars have 6,000+ men, rather than the traditional 1,000.

don_mondo
12-10-2009, 18:31
I've only got 2-3 companies, but one of our club members does indeed have the entire UltraMarines chapter. 1000+ Marines, 100+ vehicles, multiple thunderhawks, etc etc etc.

MontytheMighty
12-10-2009, 18:44
about how much would a full chapter cost along with painting supplies?

MistaGav
12-10-2009, 18:45
The only problem I can see with having a full chapter is when will you EVER use all the models at one time! Firstly the pts cost would be enormous not to mention finding and organising a game too. Ok it looks impressive but practical...I doubt it

Fugazi
12-10-2009, 19:01
If anyone got a full Black Tempalr chapter (with upgrade kits...)
GamesWorkshop would have to give them compensation for addiction.
Ha, seriously. You'd end up on that Dr. Drew addiction show.

The only problem I can see with having a full chapter is when will you EVER use all the models at one time! Firstly the pts cost would be enormous not to mention finding and organising a game too. Ok it looks impressive but practical...I doubt it
You could put them out in the street and hope a car doesn't come by for the duration of the game...like the rest of the week.

itcamefromthedeep
12-10-2009, 20:53
I had a similar plan, but the way to do it (for me) would be to first work for Gee Dubya (for the discount), and then do half a company plus tanks every six months. Ten years in you'd be done. Treat every half company as a ~2500pts 40k army. Use Special Characters for Captains, just to mix things up (and make sure that virtually the entire range is represented).

A full chapter is going to run up to 45k or 50k points, which is well above the recommended size for even an Apocalypse game. It's suggested that for the sake of being able to move the models around, the Apocalypse table be no more than 8ft wide (so that someone might actually be able to reach the middle) and no more than three times as long as it is wide (so 24ft), because after that the table just looks silly. At the recommended 100pts per square foot, you get a limit of about 20k points per table.

The only reason to bring out a full chapter would be as a Games Day display or something of the sort. I'm sure that if you had that many models you could arrange that with your local hobby centre managers. They had better be well-painted, though!

BigBadBull
12-10-2009, 22:04
This is what I have painted so far...
I have the remaining Termies now, but I'm busy with other projects.
I also have 4 other LR too...

http://game-headz.blogspot.com/2009/08/question-when-do-you-have-too-many.html

Galatan
12-10-2009, 22:08
Still doesn't even look close.

Believe me it's a 1000 marines. Some of us even spent most of the night before to get it finished. It only doesn't contain all the tanks you'd expect from a chapter, but that's because it was more intended as a drop pod chapter.

I wasn't even aware they still did the Outrider program. Cool chapter though. The Outrider program is still live and kicking, spread all over the benelux and scandanavia :D .

darker4308
12-10-2009, 22:39
I don't know that GW even has entire chapters ... I think they just copy paste the pictures.

KingDeath
12-10-2009, 22:51
Hrm, the Lamenters or Scythes of the Emperor might actualy be doable :D

Darnok
12-10-2009, 23:12

Now this is just evil... :evilgrin:

Vaktathi
12-10-2009, 23:21
While impressive, I wouldn't want to buy, build, paint and store a full Chapter of Marines, and you'd get to play with the whole thing once, maybe twice and only in multiple day games.

That said, even more impressive than a Space Marine Chapter or even most Legions, would be an entire Imperial Guard regiment. Figure probably around 130-200,000pts of IG...

:cries:

Lewis
12-10-2009, 23:27

You could use "Scythes of the Emperor Chapter" as an alternative name for the Space Marine Battle Force Box.

Zingbaby
12-10-2009, 23:29
Well I've got a LOT of sh**... more than 2/3 rds un-built however. :)

Minion
12-10-2009, 23:30
Ok guys we have this dude who organises our turneys down at the club on Sundays.I went to his home;he actually owns 10.000 pts of marines.Imagine 2-3 Warhammer tables covered in minies;he's not known as Chapter Master L. for nothing:cool:.Full chapters that include just about anything.Plus tons of sprues with stuff on them.

Dakkagor
12-10-2009, 23:31
I've got a full BC, and most of a veteran company from my homebrew chapter. A fair few vehicles aswell in various states, but no where near a whole chapter.

I'm not even sure how many orks I own. I tend to find them in odd places. I should organise them one day. . .

Lion El Jason
12-10-2009, 23:33
I own more than half a chapter

1st company (90% painted)
2nd company (70% painted)
3rd company
4th company (Not assembled)
10th company

I have about 30 spare models that may end up as the start of my 9th company.

sonsoftherock
13-10-2009, 00:34
i do know a guy who has a full chapter of Celestial Lions, admittedly that is 96 marines!

I have two companies of Blood angels (1st and 2nd)
Two companies of Imperial fists (1st and 5th)
1 Great company (13th Company)
About a demi-company of my own chapter (The Sons of the Rock)

Of course if we were to start discussing epic scale as well.
Then I'd have the full Sons of the Rock Chapter, About half of the Blood Angels and a company plus of Black Templars for the banter.

All in all 40k wise I must have about two thirds of a chapter, it just mounts up!

blackroyal
13-10-2009, 00:50
I have 80% of the first company,all of the 8th company, and a full 10th company. Look at that, it's all the marine things that I like to use.

Hero adamite
13-10-2009, 01:20
jeeeeeeeez..... I can't imagine myself owning a full chapter, or painting it :p Would be fun to see an apocalypse battle with 2 chapters going at it.

TimLeeson
13-10-2009, 01:22
It's easy in 6mm ;) epics the best way if you want a full chapter IMO. Dont have to worry about assembling 1000 multi-part guys..or the sheer amount of paint involved (!).

DrDoom
13-10-2009, 01:24
In loyalists terms I've got 4 Battle Companies. But for the Black Legion its about half a Grand Company. I doubt I'll ever hit 1,000 marines, but I'll try.

fluffstalker
13-10-2009, 05:01
Wow you guys have WAAAY too much time. Four or even two companies is still a large army. Do you have jobs ;)

Just kidding, good job on the work that went into those armies. The Outriders chapter looks really interesting, imagine even half of that drop podding int your midst, GG for you. Does anyone have fluff on this chapter ?

starlight
13-10-2009, 05:20
Legio Phoenix Templars (Salamanders Successor Chapter - so seven over strength companies plus Scouts according to my background. :) Each Company uses a different set of rules for flavour and diversity. :) )

Grey Knights - Full FOC
Deathwing/Wolfwing - Full FOC (of possible TDA units)
Ravenwing - Full FOC
Blood Angels - Full FOC Assault Marines
3x Space Wolves or Space Marines- Full FOC Mech Marines - (ie Codex-ish Battle Company)
Space Marines - 2x Full FOC Scout Marines (from when the all Scouts list was more viable, but working on converting at least one to a company sized Wolf Scouts force for Apoc :evilgrin: )

m00ndust
13-10-2009, 05:48
Right now my Blood Angels army is composed of 2 companies... 1st and 5th.

My 1st Company has:

Terminator Chaplain
Terminator Librarian (from Space Hulk)
1 Terminator Squad
1 Veteran Assault Squad (painted as Deathwatch kill-team)

My 5th Company has:

Captain with Honor Guard (Company Champion and Sanguinary Priest)
Chaplain
2 Tactical Squads
1 Assault Squad
1 Devastator Squad
1 Attack Bike Squad
1 Baal Predator

wilsongrahams
13-10-2009, 07:08
Currently have Blood Angels, Half first company, Full Second Company and working on the third, and Five scout squads. I intend to have just the first three full companies as I love to play campaigns and keep track of the dead...
Ideally all four Battle Companies and the veterans would be nice but I don't have the space for that as well as my other armies. I have no inclination to have any of the Reserve Forces. I do have full command groups so I can use the correct leaders when using the other squads as stand ins when using several companies in a campaign.

It would be great to have the full chapter for the sheer awesomeness of it, but it would be impractical and take me forever to paint them all!

Does anybody include full vehicle transports in their total force count ups? I can field up to ten rhinos when i remove the turrets etc from my predators and whirlwinds as they were magnetised to allow the option of having them as transports or battle tanks as needed. This gets tricky twenty games in when i have loads of vehicles surviving and not enough models...

starlight
13-10-2009, 07:10
Mine include all the vehicles...and about half of the Codex Armoury...

And there is/was someone hereabouts who has 70,000pts of Eldar... :eek:

hippodude21
13-10-2009, 07:11
one of my freinds has about 6-ish companies of his own chapter

MajorWesJanson
13-10-2009, 08:04
I'd have to check, but I have roughly 40-45% of my own chapter, including the majority of a Terminator Armored veteran company.

Nakor
13-10-2009, 08:47
1st and 3rd companies of my homebrew chapter.

will be adding the 7th company after i finish my tau mercs and the infantry of my IG mercs.

A1TEC
13-10-2009, 08:52
Ultramarines 2nd Company

Half Ultramarines 10th Company

Thud
13-10-2009, 12:46
To those of you with armies so large that you will never, ever get to use all the models at once, I must ask; what's the point? Is it just obsessive compulsive disorder gone horribly wrong, or too much free time or what?

Now, this isn't meant as a flame in any way. I actually think having a chapter is kinda cool, but when I make armies I get to the 4-5,000 mark and then stop buying stuff for that army. There's nothing more I need. So, I can't be bothered buying, or painting, models that not only will end up unused in a drawer somewhere, but which I already know will do just so. Please enlighten me. :)

wilsongrahams
13-10-2009, 13:02
Well, mine isn't THAT large that I don't use it at the same time - I have done, but not often. More for display purposes, but also because I play campaigns and I like to use the survivors from Squad 7, 2nd Company in the next battle - well if I do, I want them to have the correct markings!

Hypaspist
13-10-2009, 13:07
There is also a certain satisfaction (possibly more information than you wanted.... but you DID ask) in being able to measure one squad's performance against another across company's as well....

mdauben
13-10-2009, 15:55
I remember one of the old SM Codexes had a photo of the entire Ultramarines chapter. One thousand infantry, plus dozens and dozens of Rhinos, Predators, Whirlwinds, and Land Raiders. Its was hella impressive! As I remember they did it by tasking every GW store with supplying one painted squad or vehicle. I always wondered what happend to all those figures after then took the photos...

You could put them out in the street and hope a car doesn't come by for the duration of the game...like the rest of the week.
I was at a con once, where someone put on a big naval battle in a gym on the basketball court. I could see a whole chapter fitting there. It would take a lot of terrain to cover 25% of a basketball court, though! :p

Meriwether
13-10-2009, 15:58
I have a full company of marines, but I have a preposterous amount of Eldar (not counting Apoc units, around 16,000 points). My buddy Carter has about 15,000 points in painted and converted Dark Angels.

Thud: I have used all of my Eldar at once. I hope to do so again! The main reason I have so much is so that I can field whatever I want, whenever I want. Given the interchangeability of dudes with bolters, I can't see myself doing it for marines.

Meri

Daniel36
13-10-2009, 16:03
the old Marine Dex had the full Ultramarine Chapter inside the cover.

And that wasn't Photo-edited at all...

They once even ran a battle report with half an army on one side, then on the other. Do not believe pictures. :D

I know plenty of people who try... But I think everyone gets bored after a while. I have a pretty sizeable Guard army, but I can't paint it all every single time, I need some diversity.

Deadmanwade
13-10-2009, 16:33
To those of you with armies so large that you will never, ever get to use all the models at once, I must ask; what's the point? Is it just obsessive compulsive disorder gone horribly wrong, or too much free time or what?

The funny thing is, I always want more. So yeah, I guess its an obsessive thing.
I did manage to field my entire guard collection (16,000 points) in one game last august against my friends orks. The game covered a 7' by 12' table and took the two of us 2 solid days of playing. The game was absolutely fantastic, but transporting my army (it took two trips each way) damn near killed me.
And for those who say that without a photo it didnt happen, I have attached the picture of my initial deployment. (I had about 5000 points in reserve though).

blackroyal
13-10-2009, 16:44

In my case I basically have gotten to a point where I can run every conceivable army type I could want. I treat it as multiple armies all painted the same where I can mix and match.

For instance I can run 6 dreadnoughts & troop bikes OR scouts and land speeders OR terminators and tactical squads.

I basically can never get bored with my marines because it is very seldom the same army list from month to month. That said, I can't actually field a "codex" battle company. (To do so I would need a 2nd devastator squad and 2ish tactical squads; however "tactical" marines bore me)

ChaosBeast
13-10-2009, 17:20
http://www.roundtable-bretonnia.org/index.php?option=com_joomgallery&func=watermark&catid=7&id=846&Itemid=10

i found this online and you can see the number of cases behind it. although it would be an awesome thing to own, i would rather have a company sized equivalent from every army than that many space marines.

precinctomega
13-10-2009, 17:28
Where in heaven's name do you keep something like that?

R.

starlight
13-10-2009, 17:30

Now, this isn't meant as a flame in any way. I actually think having a chapter is kinda cool, but when I make armies I get to the 4-5,000 mark and then stop buying stuff for that army. There's nothing more I need. So, I can't be bothered buying, or painting, models that not only will end up unused in a drawer somewhere, but which I already know will do just so. Please enlighten me. :)

For me, it's partly being able to play (one day:p) using any rules set I want, partly liking the models, and partly the sense of completion. That said, it's not like I have nine-plus Marine armies that are identical (or even close). Grey Knights, Deathwing/Wolfwing, Ravenwing, Blood Angels, etc all look and play very differently, so I have an FOC (about 3,000pts) of each. This isn't to say Marines are all I have either, because I have a similarly sized force for basically each army in 40K. :)

Hrw-Amen
13-10-2009, 17:31
I have 2 complete companies, 40% of an assault company and about the same of the 1st company.

I actually think my Chaos Ultramarine army is bigger, but I don't have photos top hand of them all in companies or together easily to hand.

No idea how many guardsen I have, too many to even attempt a count.

Lion El Jason
13-10-2009, 18:25
And that wasn't Photo-edited at all...

lol. It wasn't... or rather if it was (Which is likely) it wasn't to add more models. I saw it live at games day and at warhammer world.

I even assembled some of them myself.

GW had every store do a squad each but it was back in 2nd edition. We did an assault squad and they had power fists, hand flamers, plasma pistols and all that jazz that 3rd ed got rid of.
If the one in the codex was shopped, it was probably to multiply models with the wrong gear. Look at the one in WD or pics from GD or Warhammer world, they certainly own a full chapter in one place with thunderhawks, tanks and dreadnoughts etc...

IIRC they even have support weapons like rapiers, thud guns and mole mortars... and the first time theyshowed it they did 10 old MkI Land Raiders...

The Guy
13-10-2009, 18:57
Where in heaven's name do you keep something like that?

That's what she said? [My worst joke ever :D]

I have about a company of marines, but will one day get started on a full grey knight chapter! Which would be about 8000.

:(

Sekhmet
13-10-2009, 20:01
Agreed. I have about a company's worth of Chaos Marines, and have used up a tremendous amount of space and money for their display area and storage cases for when I want to transport them all.

If I increased that by 10x, I'd need another spare bedroom (or two) just to house all that.

No thanks.

Chaos Marines don't belong to chapters. They belong to Legions of 10,000.

So what I want to know is if anyone has a full Legion!

wilsongrahams
13-10-2009, 20:40
So what I want to know is if anyone has a full Legion!

Sod off, lol.

jesusjohn
13-10-2009, 21:49
I am working on the Crimson fists as discribed in index astates ie 100 fighting marines plus scouts so thats a bit of a cheat really!

Dannage
13-10-2009, 22:03
I lost track a while back of what I've got, but I ran out of space to put em, so I decided to just hold fire on completing the chapter until I had the big house. But then I just started collecting guard.. darn...

Still, I've just secured a workshop, so should be enough space in there to set up two good sized display tables and then a workshop table in the middle. You'll have to just keep watching my logs to see when I get the place set up.... and then we'll see what I ended up with... wahey!

LonelyPath
13-10-2009, 23:45
A while back some European store was featured in WD and the store owner did have the entire BA chapter. Closest I've come is with my DA, 80% of 3rd company completes, 30% of the Deathwing and 25% of the Ravenwing to date.

Mannimarco
13-10-2009, 23:48
i thought i got half way through making the death guard 1st company (all forgeworld terminator packs as well) until i found out there was a lot more than 100 terminators, then i just gave up, saved my money and bought a car instead

DrDoom
14-10-2009, 01:15

The thing with Chaos is, theres always another tactic to try. If I want HtH then theres basic marines and berzerkers, if I want shooty then you can go Noise Marines and Basic Marines, Bikes and Raptors if I want zippy attack etc... From that its just sorta grown. It helps that I play Back Legion and am not really constricted by the fluff into one style of play over another. I'll be honest, I've started other armies over the years (Ork, Deathwing, Tau, a couple others) but I always go back to Chaos. The only reason I have two armies now is because GW kinda did it for me.

I do have a 25,000 point army versus my friends Nids early next year. Should be fun.

@ Sekhmet: Lol. Thats a level of insanity far beyond the pale. But I'm sure someone somewhere does.

Occulto
14-10-2009, 01:56

I have several thousand points worth of DA, but a tiny fraction of that is rank and file tac squads. Most of the time, I'm using the same 3 or 4 squads as a core of my lists. Belial and Sammael change things so I've technically got a lot of Troop choices, but my collection is hardly balanced.

There's a fair bit of "I'll never use this but it's cool" in my collection - techmarines, command squads etc.

starlight
14-10-2009, 04:19
There's a fair bit of "I'll never use this but it's cool" in my collection - techmarines, command squads etc.

Is there any better reason to have a model...? :angel:

madprophet
14-10-2009, 05:10
I have Chaos Marines, Tyranids, Orks and Tau built to around 2000-2500 points. My Guard army is a full-blown battalion, two infantry companies plus a supporting combat vehicle group plus command and support assets. I didn't set out to build a battalion, it just sort of happened. Once I had the infantry and armor assets in place, I intentionally added the MP, Transport, Chaplain, Band, and Medical sections.

Truth be told, I am more into modeling than even gaming so for me building and painting the models are my primary hobby activity.

CthulhuDalek
14-10-2009, 05:18
16 or so points per marine. Times about 1000.

16,000 points.

100 rhinos/drop pods= 3,500 points or so.

Chapter master=125

10 captains=1000 points

Over 20,625 points. Then add in terminators, bikes, speeders, tanks.... :D

My own army was exactly a full battle company and about half of the 1st company -- However I now just have a full Grand Company of Space Wolves :F

starlight
14-10-2009, 05:21
IG still tops that at 25K+ per FOC...just imagine a Battalion or two...;)

I don't want to add up what's lurking in the hobby room... :eek:

IcedAnimals
14-10-2009, 05:35
I have an marine chapter.....if you include drivers+full transport capacity in my vehicles >.>;;

Sir_Turalyon
14-10-2009, 08:23
Full DA 6th company here, with close to 1/4 company of Deathwing support.

Not that I ever menaged to use it all on table...

electricwolf
14-10-2009, 13:21
Dark Angels wise i have:

1st company fully painted
2nd 70% painted
3rd company fully painted
4th company 3/4th painted
10th company 3/4th painted

Plus various vehicles and transports
Plus characters

11,000pts

wilsongrahams
14-10-2009, 16:41
How large do people define their 10th (scout) company as being? I thought there was no official size limit.

blackroyal
14-10-2009, 18:25
How large do people define their 10th (scout) company as being? I thought there was no official size limit.

I go by the 100 marines in a company thing. Yes the size of the scout company fluctuates, but it always should contain 100 scouts. (barring any major disasters of course) I personally have 115ish of the metal scouts.

bocaj
14-10-2009, 21:07
found this on google images http://www.roundtable-bretonnia.org/index.php?option=com_joomgallery&func=watermark&catid=7&id=846&Itemid=103
looks right but no 10th company i think

edit oh yeh there is in between the lines ok then no obvious 1st

white and nerdy
14-10-2009, 21:13
That's is incredibly sweet

andyg2006
14-10-2009, 21:18
The closest I've come to a whole Chapter is seeing a WD where a guy painted an entire 1000 Blood Angels (+ Death Company, + vehicles, etc) army solely during his train journeys.