PDA

View Full Version : Biggit's Really Really Kinda Big Waagh!!

Seabo
12-10-2009, 14:24
Here is the Gobbo list...Have almost all the figs except Snotlings and a Doom Diver. Now just have to paint em all...*sigh* lol

Biggit-Goblin Warboss
LA, Shield, Lucky Dirk, Amulet of Protectyness, Biggedds Kickin Boots, Gigantic Spider
166pts
Quotz-Night Goblin Big Boss
LA,BSB-Big Red Raggedy Banner
107pts
Kersplat-Night Goblin Shaman
Lvl2, Staff of Sneaky Stealin
135pts
Thudda-Night Goblin Shaman
2 Dispel Scrolls
100pts
10 Spider Riders
Musician, Short bows
146pts
10 Spider Riders
Musician, Short bows
146pts
5 Spider Riders
Musician, Short bows
73pts
35 Night Gobbos
Spears, Nets, FC, 2 Fanatics
245pts
30 Night Gobbos
FC, 2 Fanatics
160pts
30 Night Gobbos
FC, 2 Fanatics
160pts
20 Night Gobbos
Short bows, Musician, Fanatic
89pts
20 Night Gobbos
Short bows, Musician, Fanatic
89pts
4 Snotling Bases
80pts (probly 2 units of 2)
Spear Chukka
35pts
Spear Chukka
35pts
5 Squig Hoppers
75pts
Doom Diver Catapult
80pts
Pump Wagon
40pts
Pump Wagon
40pts
2,001 pts
Can probably drop the 5 Spider Riders for Netters in each of the HW/Sh Gobbo units if needed but overall I kinda like this. More of a whacked out, random fun list then a real competitive one and plenty of opportunity for background fluff :D (eventually anyways lol). What your opinion?

Dragon Prince of Caledor
12-10-2009, 15:23
This would be a lot easier for my brain and eyes if you included some spaces between the units :'(
It looks like it would be a hoot to play with/against. It gets good rating from me :)
As for tactics I dont know squat for greenskins.
Good luck

Agoz
12-10-2009, 16:02
Agreed, some spacing would be nice, I almost thought the whole army was made of spider riders for a moment due to spacing.

Catferret
12-10-2009, 22:23
Why bother giving the warboss armour as well as the Amulet of Protectyness? The amulet overrides any protection he might be carrying. Best try and find the 5pts to get him the Best Boss 'At I think.

Dranthar
13-10-2009, 04:33
whole army was made of spider riders

Oh man, don't tempt me! Just painting my own Goblin army has been hard enough. :rolleyes:

Anyway, onto the list;

Warboss seems alright, although as Catferret said the LA/Sh is useless with the Amulet of Protection. Personally, I've been taking Ulags Akrit Cow (Axe), the Iron Nashas and Amulet of Protectyness for my own Warboss, although I've been considering swapping the Akrit Cow and Nashas for the Screamin Cox (Sword) and Tricksy Trinket. In any case, he's done me well so far.

You could upgrade the BSB to a regular goblin and give him a Wolf for extra protection. Right now his odds of surviving combat aren't that great.

The lvl 2 on your first shaman is probably wasted without any extra magical offense. I personally take 2 level 2's with the staff, a dispel scroll and Nibblas ring, which is enough for a semi-decent magic phase without needing to rely on it.

Units of 10 Spider Riders is a waste. They have no rank bonus and they are really only a distraction against most armies. I think you should split them into units of 5.

There are better things to buy than spears for goblins. IMO, I think you should instead take nets on all your NG units without bows. They're really that good.

You have free special slots in a goblin army...how could that be?! If you can, fill them out with any of the goblin choices available. They're all worth while. My personal recomendation is a squig herd. for the equivalent of 6 pts per model, you get a very hard-hitting unit that as a bonus, explodes when they finally lose combat. Even if they just did the latter, that alone would make them worth taking. :D

I'm not a fan of pump wagons but hey, they're 40 points so I guess you can't really go wrong with them. ;)

Final thought - Snotlings are fantastic. Always take them!