PDA

View Full Version : Help with DeathGuard Fluff!!!

WarBoss PuG
12-10-2009, 20:36
What's the relationship between Mortarion and Typhus?

I know Typhus killed all the navigators thinking them to still be loyal to the emperor on route to terror at the horus heresy trapping the Death Guard fleet in the warp causing there rescue by Nurgle and all that!
I'm guessing know that Mortarion wasn't best please with Typhus. Missing the fight of a life time and having to embrace Nurgle. As far as i know, please correct me. They fled to the eye of terror with the rest of the traitor legions. Founded the plague planet where Mortarion now sits in his fortress at the highest peek like the warlords of Barbarus on his now destroyed birth planet. Ruling like they did before him on Barbarus!

Any way question is 'What's the relationship between Mortarion and Typhus now?' Does Typhus still take commands form Mortarion as his 1st Captain or is he stand only lord with guidance for father Nurgle?

(Also any other DeathGuard fluff is welcome.)

grissom2006
12-10-2009, 20:39
He pretty much does what he wants he was sworn to NUrgle long before Mortarion was so i doubt what he thinks bothers him in the slightest.

Amareo Davion
12-10-2009, 20:47
I think the only person Typhus takes orders from apart from Nurgle is Abaddon but thats just a mention I heard in a WD battle report that was Death Guard vs. IG.

Imperius
12-10-2009, 20:48
There is no love between the two, but they are hardly going to start killing eachother.

PondaNagura
12-10-2009, 20:55
yeah Typhus is pretty much on his own, taking the Terminus Est and doing Nurgle's bidding.
Mortarian, like most of the other traitor primarchs seems to dwell on his own devices and doesn't play as active a role in the scope of things since the HH. if there's resentment it really hasn't been stated as much as say...Magnus and Ahriman

DuskRaider
12-10-2009, 21:07
From what I remember, Mortarion does not like Typhus... At all. It's more or less the same situation as with Magnus and Ahriman. In other words, Nurgle keeps the two apart from one another, because I'm willing to bet if Typhus just showed up one day to pay Mortarion a visit... He'd be dead.
At this point in time, most of the Death Guard know it was Typhus who's responsible for their present condition, and the vast majority have less then kind words to say to him. They're less followers of Nurgle and more slaves.

Mannimarco
12-10-2009, 21:10
indeed from what i understand typhus is off doing his own thing, its unlikely typhus and mortarion have had much contact as (and im paraphrasing here) typhus wasnt impressed when mortarion went off and formed the plague planet so he left so he could continue to spread nurgles work instead of hanging around out in the warp

if you want a character who has a deep resentment of typhus look no further than necrosius, he was an apothecary who (along with the other death guard apothecaries) tried to cure the disease that was destroying the legion, even while typhus was absorbing the destroyer plague necrosius was desperately trying to find a cure even though the legion were all rotting and decayed

WarBoss PuG
12-10-2009, 22:12
Yeah as I thought, Do you think the majority of the death guard are with Mortarion rather than Typhus then. As everyone apart from Typhus died on the Terminus Est (I think anyway).
I know some of the death guard split off to from warbands such as 'The Tainted', 'The Purge', 'Lords of Decay' and 'Apostles of Contagion' from IA7 an some others cant remember there names though.

Culgore
12-10-2009, 23:52
I believe Typhus is the most favored of Nurgle's followers. He more or less led the legion to Nurgle when he killed the navigators. As far as the relationship goes, I believe the demon prince / primarchs are more or less content to hang out on their respective demon worlds, very selfish beings. Typhus left the Plague Planet because of Mortarion's nostalgic recreation of Barbarus, he is known as the Herald of Nurgle. For me it has always seemed that Typhus was the single most influential character in the Death Guard going over to Nurgle saga, being in contact with Nurgle before anyone it seems to me that he killed the Navigators to arrange the meeting with the destroyer plague. As for the other factions (Tainted, Purge, Etc...) They seem like latecomers to the game, devoted to Nurgle no doubt, but not actual Plague Marines.

Mannimarco
12-10-2009, 23:57
depends on which book you want to believe:

codex chaos space marines: theyre nurgle dedicated renegades

vraks books: they are sub factions of the original traitor legions eg: necrosius - master of the apostles of contagion, was an apothecary in the death guard legion

Culgore
13-10-2009, 00:05
ahhh just reading through the VRAKS book now

DuskRaider
13-10-2009, 00:12
Yeah as I thought, Do you think the majority of the death guard are with Mortarion rather than Typhus then. As everyone apart from Typhus died on the Terminus Est (I think anyway).
I know some of the death guard split off to from warbands such as 'The Tainted', 'The Purge', 'Lords of Decay' and 'Apostles of Contagion' from IA7 an some others cant remember there names though.

Well, the way I see it, the Legion was split more or less in half, probably less in favor of Typhus. I could see Typhus more picking up Renegades along the way, but I wouldn't doubt he has some of the original Death Guard in his employ.

I tend to view the warbands as more exploratory or invasion forces. Although they go by different names, they're still very loyal to their Primarch. As Mannimarco has pointed out, Necrosius is the arch-nemesis of Typhus. I guess they've battled it out a few times, obviously neither has won or lost.