PDA

View Full Version : the age old question Warhammer Quest

toee66
14-10-2009, 10:07
this question has prob been asked on this forum thousands of times but iam a newbie so give me a chance to ask , any news or word on a warhammer quest re-release , we have seen talisman now spacehulk , ?? i very much doubt fantasy flight games would have anything to do with warhammer quest as they have descent , .... so it only leaves us with the hope GW make a 2nd ed.also heros quest would be nice but i think i readed many years back that mb had the lisence for many years . so any rumours about this subject . insight would be gr8 .

traitor_dice
19-11-2009, 11:26
i heard rumours of there being a "mystery box" for Warhammer (not 40k).
perhaps there will be a WHFB equivalent to the SH release?

ScooterinAB
22-11-2009, 01:55
Something like WHQ wouldn't be a bad idea in the big picture. While WHQ lacked it's own strong model range, players needed a collection of models to play with. Thus leading to increased sales on WHF products.

Will we see a WHQ type mystery box? I'm not too sure. GW seems to have moved a ways away from that product, where as Space Hulk continued to get talked about and have things like Kill Team rules pop up.

lorelorn
27-11-2009, 07:59
FFG already produce Descent, which is for all intents a modern update of WHQ. The rules mechanics are almost identical, though it uses a unique set of combat dice. Plus Descent has 12 or 16 character good to go out of the box, plus a wide set of monster figures. If you're missing warhammer quest, I would recommend Descent.