PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3 has been confirmed folks!

Great Harlequin
16-05-2005, 16:51
Find out here! (http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/15/news_6124592.html)

Halo 3's launch date is on the same date of the PS3. This could swing alot more interest towards the xbox. I wonder what Sony are going to do now :D

Forgotmytea
16-05-2005, 17:08
Panic :p.

But, wahey! Halo 3! I can't wait that long *starts playing Halo 2 again*

Jonathan =I=
16-05-2005, 17:21
still need to finish Halo 2 (looks at shoes ashamed)

Lord Tyran
16-05-2005, 17:52
put Halo 2 on PC first, thats all i want

m1s1n
16-05-2005, 20:24
Anyone who beat the second Halo should be aware that there was going to be a sequel.

If anything, it is a good excuse to revamp Red vs. Blue again.

Slappy
16-05-2005, 22:42
Yay. The cash cow continues!

I wish the games lived up to the Hype.

Samoth
17-05-2005, 01:20
If anything, it is a good excuse to revamp Red vs. Blue again.

Damn my crappy down load limit!

@ Slappy: Well, what does live up to the hype these days? You either get an easter egg or a ****, I find. IMO, halo 2 is a good game, but nothing could live up to the hype the MS marketing team gave it.

Kinda intrigued about halo 3. What was gunna end up being the bad-ass final encounter of halo 2, will be the first level (and therefore, likely easiest) of halo 3. Dont get me wrong, cairo station on legendary is probably the hardest out of all levels that dont have jackal snipers, but still. It dont feel right.

Hey GH, you have xbl yet?

:0)
17-05-2005, 02:25
I wish the games lived up to the Hype.

In comparison to...?

Wolflord Bloodangel
17-05-2005, 03:27
Exactly, theyre far and away the best FPSs on any console, and the fact they managed to succeed on a platform so alien to the genre is testiment to their awesomenessness :D

Cant wait for no3.... the story in Halo 2 was just amazing, and the fluff they created for their world (ilovebees!) was the best Ive encountered short of the 40k universe...

Mobius One
17-05-2005, 06:44
I don't think there's any doubt at all that Halo's far and away the best FPS on any console. Killzone, Sony's "Halo-killer", fell WAY short of expectations. It was a good game in its own right, mind you, but nowhere near Halo quality.

All that being said, I think Microsoft can only rely on Halo for so long. Sooner or later, people will get tired of it, and Microsoft has to have other games to support the Xbox 360. My buddy bought an Xbox a year or so ago, and Halo is the only game we play on it. He hasn't even gotten halfway through any other games.

Was I the only one who thought ilovebees.com was freaky as hell? :P

Just my two cents,
-Mobius One.

Slappy
17-05-2005, 07:54
I guess it depends. Metroid Prime to me made Halo single player game look like a joke and playing multi-player shooting games on a console is also a joke. Looking at 1/4 of a TV is wretched on the eyes and looks horrid.

Adept
17-05-2005, 09:54
I guess it depends. Metroid Prime to me made Halo single player game look like a joke and playing multi-player shooting games on a console is also a joke. Looking at 1/4 of a TV is wretched on the eyes and looks horrid.

Yeah, but being able to do it while sitting on your couch having a beer with your mates is far superior to playing on the PC.

And of course, if you don't spend thousands of dollars updating your system every two years you can just buy a few new televisions. One for everybody!

Or if you are lucky enough to have a projector, you just need a white wall and you have four screen quarters, each over a metre across.

I find consoles for gaming to be far superior to PCs. The only thing a PC really has in its favour is the number of buttons. Consoles are cheaper ($300 for top of the range, as opposed to $3,000) and don't require updating. Having to buy a new video card every year to play the latest games is very trying on the patience and the bank balance. They also have 100% compatability with every game you buy for it. You can buy some games for the PC that simply refuse to work with your new $300 video card.

Wolflord Bloodangel
17-05-2005, 09:57
Live! is a wretchedly good creation. Its a mere au$80/yr here and my housemate is always playing Halo... my bloody Halo!!!

Oh, and for anyone who disparages the Xbox's lack of quality titles, well you must be a rich rich man. I dont have a fraction of the funds to even begin to play all the good xbox games. Where once Xbox had a limited range (and only in the earliest of days) Id say theyre beginning to approach the PS2 as far as choice and variety of titles goes.

With the Splinter Cell franchise, Mechassault, Dead or Alive, KOTOR and countless others I cant see the Xbox 360 being unsupported by titles.

Im happy to see where we're in such an age of gaming that theres just physically too much quality titles to buy and play...

Cheesejoff
17-05-2005, 11:06
Exactly, theyre far and away the best FPSs on any console, and the fact they managed to succeed on a platform so alien to the genre is testiment to their awesomenessness :D

Cant wait for no3.... the story in Halo 2 was just amazing, and the fluff they created for their world (ilovebees!) was the best Ive encountered short of the 40k universe...

You're being sarcastic, right?

*edit* Halo 2 for the PC? Why? halo 2 is nothing by PC standards, the only good thing about it is the fac you can play it on a console.

DivineVisitor
17-05-2005, 12:03
Yeah, but being able to do it while sitting on your couch having a beer with your mates is far superior to playing on the PC.

*remembers playing 16 player Halo in a friends flat*

I need to do that again!

Halo on 16 player with friends is soo much fun, especially when you all have your proper names so you know exactly who you're killing :p

But i have to say i thought Halo 2's single player was pretty dull, hell half the time you weren't even the master cheif!

Hopefully Halo 3 can live up to expectations, but il probably mainly play the mulitplayer anyway :)

Ass Goblin
17-05-2005, 12:30
*edit* Halo 2 for the PC? Why? halo 2 is nothing by PC standards, the only good thing about it is the fac you can play it on a console.

Good point. There are pleanty better shooters on the PC that make Halo 2 look like crap. Half Life 2 for example.

Great Harlequin
17-05-2005, 17:03
Hey GH, you have xbl yet?
If you mean the latest one then indeed :D

Talkie Toaster
17-05-2005, 18:35
But i have to say i thought Halo 2's single player was pretty dull, hell half the time you weren't even the master cheif!)
Why does everyone hate the Arbiter? You got to active camo whenever you wanted, energy sword/sentinel beam your way through hordes of flood, and fight alongside competent support.

I just hope they complete the storyline with Halo 3, if it had been more low-key they could probably have kept it going as a long running series, but they hype's just shortened the life expectancy.

Samoth
18-05-2005, 06:04
The best thing about xbox is live. IMO, far better than playing on the net pc games.

I woudln't say half life 2 makes halo look crap, but wasn't it terribly overhyped too? And then you have to feth around with steam... There are a lot of fnboy's here, and fair enough, but how many of you have played the game you're dissing for more than 30 seconds?

Slazton
18-05-2005, 07:48
Right, I used to work at Game, a computer/console game store in the UK. Now I can honestly say that there are WAY more games for PS2, however most of the selection is a load of tripe. In fact same goes for XBox.

In truth, for all the consoles, you only get a limited selection of good games and the rest are all either crap or bareable to play.

I have come to the conclusion that there is no better system. Preferably, I would like to have a screaming PC, a XBox, GameCube (I like Metroid Prime, sue me :p), and a PS2. Best of all the worlds, thus spoiling me for choice :).

Halo 2 was cool, but overrated. FPS have caught up with the intial Halo game and I felt the second one did not add anything to the series. Hear me out before I get set on fire. I prefer Timesplitters to Halo, but thats because once you complete the storyline, you got challenges and the such to go through. That is what Halo needed, just random challenges like 'splitters to make the game have a longer shelf life.

All in all Halo 3 will be worth the wait, but unfortunately, by releasing it when the PS3 is out will only ruin its limelight. Trust me. GTA: San Andreas sold more, was pre-ordered more and also we ran out of stock more than Halo 2. And we still had pre-order copies when I left in January.

It would be a very poor move indeed.

Cheesejoff
18-05-2005, 09:52
I have played both Halo 2 and Half Life 2. I can safely say Halo 2 is great fun on a system link 8-player game, now that my friend is getting XBLive we can play online soon...but Pc games are better for hardcore gamers. Top of the range Pc's do cost $3000, but usually about $2000 of that is the dual-threaded hyper processor which can run an antivirus and a firewall while you play Half Life 2 on the highest graphics settings on a 40-man server. For a PC the actual processor, memeory and graphics card cost maybe 300, (about $500)

Most of the cost of a PC is the operating system, the assemby costs, the extra hardware like speakers, monitors, they all add up. Oh, and the "free software" which is like 2/5ths of a PC's cost.