PDA

View Full Version : New player to WoC 1500 list

Glasscannon
14-10-2009, 12:46
I'm a new player to warriors of chaos trying a few things out.
So far my battles have been mixed results against varied armies, any comments for improvement on my list are very much appreciated.

1500points

Heroes
Exalted hero (General) - Mark of Khorne, Juggernaught,Axe of Khorne, shield

Chaos sorceror - level 1, Mark of Nurgle, Dispel scroll, Dispell scroll

Chaos sorceror - level 2, Mark of Slaneesh, Infernal puppet, barded steed

Core
10 warriors (contains slaneeshi sorceror) - mark of slaneesh, shields, command

5 marauder horsemen - mark of nurgle, shields, throwing axes

5 warhounds

5 warhounds

Special
5 knights (contains exalted hero) - mark of khorne, musician, standard

10 chosen (contains nurgle sorceror) - Mark of Tzeentch, shields, halberds, command, blasted standard, favour of the gods

My thoughts are to drop the standard from the knights and the spell familiar to give the slaneeshi sorceror a steed for added protection, or to make the exalted hero a BSB.

Edit: since my nurgle sorceror is mainly for character sniping i havent given him the power familiar or 2nd level, this is quite possibly a mistake but have found the 2nd scroll very helpful against my normally magic heavy opponents.

Thanks for your help.

Unuhexium
14-10-2009, 13:10
The list looks solid enough.

Maybe swap the Chosen for another group of knights. Currently a rather small part of your army will hit your enemy early and the rest will lagg behind for a turn or so. Adding another unit of knights will stress your opponent a bit more.

What's your idea behind the Slaanesh sorc? It's not bad by any means, I'm just curious about your strategy.

Glasscannon
14-10-2009, 13:25
Its mostly because I like the look of the lore, lots of cool and useful (at least on paper) spells id like to play around with

Eta
14-10-2009, 18:04
Your Slaanesh sorcerer is illegal because you gave him two arcane items. You may only include one of every type of magic item per character.

Greetings
Eta

popisdead
23-10-2009, 23:54
Id' suggest two units of marauders. at 1500 pts you're elite and character heavy and lack elite bonuses such as high movement or hatred, etc.

Glasscannon
24-10-2009, 08:34
Made some adjustments to the list.

I have points left to field either a chariot or a warshrine, this is the only part of my army that will change depending on the opponent. any comments on chariots please do so, my only experience with them is splintering them with great cannons.

Heroes:
Exalted hero (general) - MoK, Juggernaught, Axe of Khorne

Sorceror of chaos - MoN, Barded steed, Power familiar, Dispel scroll

Core:
10 warriors - MoS, command, shields, Rapturous standard

5 marauder horsemen - MoN, shields, throwing axes

5 warhounds

5 warhounds

Special:
5 knights - MoK, muso

10 Chosen - MoN, command, shields, great weapons, Banner of rage, favour of the gods

I'm tempted to make the chosen normal warriors, but I got those awesome models with the spearhead and think its a shame not to use them as chosen

Edit: ill mention that my aim isn't to crush my opponents at all costs, I'm a friendly player and cringe at lists that smell of Gorgonzola.

Avian
24-10-2009, 10:00
I would not take a Warshrine in such a small battle, I would concentrate on getting more guys on the field instead. And I'd look into getting your core guys some close combat weapon upgrades (you can get lots of neat stuff if you drop the Mark of Nurgle on the Horsemen ;)).

Eta
24-10-2009, 14:37
You sorcerer build is terrible ;) . At the moment, you generate 4 PD but can only use two. What's the point? Upgrade him to a lvl 2 and you can throw two dice at the first spell and three on any other or drop the mark and power familiar alltogether and use him as a scroll caddie. One lvl 1 sorcerer will most of the time not do anything even against armies that do not include any sorcerers themselves.

Greetings
Eta